IGNORED

TEST THREAD - Smilies, Quotes, Formatting etc

Curious
Coconut Flan
Message added by Coconut Flan,

Moderation test.  

FreeBirth Chicken [tm][/tm]

ETA

Hahaha Thank you Happy Atheist. Actually just wanted to see how it worked.

We need a scared smiley. badly.

When I attach a photo it looks like its too big and comes with a scroll bar.

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know why that happens. I find it annoying as all get out. I put a size restriction of 1024 (width) x unlimited height because people were complaining about ginormous pictures, but when I posted a 500x500 it had a scroll bar. About the biggest you can get with no scroll bar is 325x325, which is ridiculous. I haven't bothered to try and figure it out, but now I'm annoyed by it all over again, so I'm putting it on my to do for this week.

TL;DR: You aren't doing anything wrong. System is poopy!

When I attach a photo it looks like its too big and comes with a scroll bar.

Am I doing something wrong?

I got annoyed when my crochet pics had scroll bars so I went digging around and found the problem, so came back to tell you it was fixed, but I see it's not. Looking at the photo properties, your image is well within the limits.

Did you place it inline?

Whoa, we have a TM button?[tm][/tm]

While I'm here, I've always wanted to use this smilie: :obscene-tolietpush:

Whoa, we have a TM button?™ option so I made one :)

• 3 months later...

Once upon a time there was an old :wink-penguin: So old that he remembered dinosaurs walking on the planet.

His fellows were often talking with him indoctrinated him about dinosaurs living together with people. But he didn't remember any people during that time. He was confused, maybe his memory wasn't that good already, though he was very old.

One day his neighbour :penguin-no: came to him and said:

" Do you know Jesus? " Jesus, that cool guy with beard, great sense of humor and magic tricks!

" Yes, I do!! " Jesus once told him that penguins may be black and white, but Truth isn't. Truth is somewhere in between. Wise man that Jesus. Too bad he was crucified. :(

" And do you know he was crucified?"

" Yes." :cry:

"And dou you know why? It was because of your sinns! You are a big sinner !!"

" No, I am not! " :shock:

" Yes, you are. Think about that." :( :cry: Jesus died because of me :crying-yellow: :crying-yellow: :crying-yellow:

Good idea, Curious, with this practice thread. Thank you!

And I also want to try this

Because have no idea what to expect

place horizontal rule should mean "put a horizontal line here"

^so, right there, I pushed that button (and it codes as [*hr][*hr/] (except without the *'s--I added those so it wouldn't read it as more code : ) )

if you type between the HRs, this is what you get--so, uh...you can't. I mean, you can, but you'll not get your horizontal rule.

place horizontal rule should mean "put a horizontal line here"

^so, right there, I pushed that button (and it codes as [*hr][*hr/] (except without the *'s--I added those so it wouldn't read it as more code : ) )

if you type between the HRs, this is what you get--so, uh...you can't. I mean, you can, but you'll not get your horizontal rule.

Thank you very much.

English is not my first language, so I translated "rule" as "law/ order" and didn't understand :-)

• 3 weeks later...
all you need is love

I just saw Sir Paul McCartney at Fenway this week. I may be obsessed

Samuel Adams[tm][/tm] beer rocks

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the shark smiley face at? I saw someone use it. I am kind of in love with it.

If you go to the 'full editor' (either by clicking post reply or cliicking the 'go to full editor' option when typing a quick reply), you'll see smileys on the right.

@ the bottom of the smilies is the 'see more smilies' (or some similar :character-jaws: wording) link.

The shark is there.

:character-jaws:

Also, you can get to it by typing this without the ***'s in the middle: :***character-jaws: :***character-jaws:

:character-jaws: :character-jaws:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... so do italics and boldface work the same way here as elsewhere? (Rhetorical question. Don't mind me.)

Edit: Yes! :)

Taking the new laptop out for the first test drive & wanted to come here first:)!

• Blahblah featured, unfeatured, featured, unfeatured, featured, unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic