Curious
Coconut Flan
Message added by Coconut Flan,

Moderation test.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Loolaa said:

Just testing

And it worked,  Welcome to Free Jinger.  :)

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 1/30/2019 at 10:34 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

http://h\t : bored panda.  It’s only me trying to figure out how to link with iPhone   Ignore me

You should be able to just type in www.freejinger.org and it will turn into a link automagically.

Edited by Curious
fixing spelling
  • Thank You 2

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Are reputation points just the total of upvote reactions in the bottom right corner?

Yes. :pb_smile:

5 of the reactions equal +1: #1 upvote (the green circle with a white arrow), #2 love (the blue circle with a white heart), #3 thank you (the smiley emoji giving you a daisy), #4 I agree (the yellow emoji giving you two thumbs up), and #5 haha (the laughing yellow emoji).

6 of the reactions are neutral, with no effect on reputation totals: #1 wtf (the shocking looking yellow emoji), #2 Rufus bless (the deer head), #3 bless your heart (the yellow emoji handing you a heart), #4 sad (the yellow emoji with a frown and tears welling up in its eyes), #5 confused (the yellow emoji with a confused look), and #6 disgust (the green emoji the looks like it might get sick).

4 of the reactions equal -1: #1 downvote (the red circle with a white arrow), #2 fuck you (the yellow emoji with a halo over its head, holding up its middle finger), #3 move along (a dead parrot lying on its back with an IV on a stand next to it--this one causes some confusion when people can't tell what it is :pb_wink: ), and #4 angry (a red-orange emoji with steam coming out of its ears). 

I posted close up screenshots of the reactions early last year in this thread:

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/30709-joy-austin-20-baby-gideon-is-here/?do=findComment&comment=1536628

We had a discussion about downvotes last summer here:

It starts out with people concerned that a popular poster had deactivated her account because of downvotes, but then it moves to a general discussion of votes. (FYI, the popular poster was just on a break from FJ for personal reasons, and came back awhile later.) In that discussion, @Destiny makes a good post about voting and reputation:

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/31415-downvoting/?do=findComment&comment=1623042

And we also discussed the Rufus Bless reaction here:

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/30411-rufus-bless-reaction/

This is probably more info than you wanted, but answering questions about reactions seems to be my little niche at FJ. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2016 at 12:30 AM, ALM7 said:

Test #3 - Test how to embed a video. 

@Destiny, thank you, it worked!

Instructions from Destiny...The link you have to put in is in this format youtube.com/watch?v=ewMzxvDxvQs

(I removed the http://www so you could see it.) The embed code bit doesn't work. Just copy it from your address bar

New test, to remember how to do it ...

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/26/2016 at 5:20 AM, ALM7 said:

Test how to embed a video. 

FJ Instructions, From the Insert other media drop down select Insert Image from URL (even though it refers to 'image' this is the option for uploading video from the web as well.  This is where you would embed videos from YouTube, other websites, etc.

Additional instructions for Youtube source, 

Embed a video...On a computer, go to the YouTube video you want to embed.

• Under the video, click Share .
  • Click Embed.
  • From the box that appears, copy the HTML code.
  • Paste the code into your blog or website HTML.

iframe>

this is a test...been a while.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/kXZs3mjGlQU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Spoiler

I'm having an issue with big spaces sometimes appearing at the top of spoiler boxes that weren't there when I hit the submit button. I'm just checking if changing themes does anything to fix it. :pb_smile:

Spoiler

image.png.37ca89ba92ac355867e1cd9e71c3732f.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes! Thank you for helping me figure it out. :greetings-waveyellow:

It adds on some extra stuff that you can’t easily see. It’s annoying and a pain to fix. I recommend disabling it on fj. We won’t kick you out for typos, I promise!

(At least, no one has booted me yet!)
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Instructions:

For future reference...click the little + next to "quote" and then in the new thread select "multi-quote" and it will quote it there.

Multi-quote is kind of a misnomer when used like this as you can definitely do just one.

TEST

Just now, ALM7 said:

Instructions:

For future reference...click the little + next to "quote" and then in the new thread select "multi-quote" and it will quote it there.

Multi-quote is kind of a misnomer when used like this as you can definitely do just one.

TEST

Just now, ALM7 said:

Instructions:

TEST

Dang, no second thread available on test thread ... can't practice lol.

• Upvote 1

The quote and plus will also go away on the closed thread at some point.  

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 months later...

Just testing out my first tablet (iPad).  I think I’m going to like it.  Eventually.   ?

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

Just using some emojis so that they show up in my "recently used" section.

:) ;) :P :( :D :lol: ^_^ :o

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
moar emojis!
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I'm just exploring some of the things that I can do on my Chromebook that I can't do on my phone. (I'm enjoying the full keyboard, but I still need to figure out spell check, or whatever this thing has to fix my spelling errors.)

bold italic underline all of them strikeout (all the same as phone)

link (same)

same as phone

Spoiler

live long and prosper star trek GIF

Oooh! I can pull up giphy GIFs right from the choices at the top of the box. No wonder other posters use GIFs more often than I do! (On my phone I usually go to a website with GIFs, pick one, and save it. Only then can I put it on FJ.

Okay, that's all I have time for right now. Colors and justifications will have to wait!

Spoiler

Shocked April Fools GIF

Some days are just like that. (Testing GIF, with a soft g)

• Haha 3

Time to try out the justification options. I guess I'll need something long to see the differences. Hmm...

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

All mimsy were the borogove and the momeraths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch.

Beware the Jubjub bird and shun the frumious Bandersnatch."

Long time the manxsome foe he sought, and rested he by a tumtum tree, and stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood, the Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,

came whiffling through the tulgey wood, and burbled as he came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through the vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

He left it dead and with its head he went gallumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock, my son? Come to my arms, my beamish boy!

O frabjous day! Callou! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. 

All mimsy were the borogove, and the momeraths outgrabe.

Apologies to any Jabberwocky  lovers for mistakes in the poem. {Damn. I forgot the vorpal sword!) I was just doing it fast to test things.

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Need to work on my hidden content stuff.... one picture works.... but four ?

Spoiler

9EC6605F-776F-412D-B264-808C478B389B.thumb.png.c90d85fec488b38d3385e859652a07a1.pngFFD712C5-DAA7-4E08-AFEA-E69DF2758D9C.thumb.png.3fdd521a2a242b5f36173a9e2322da15.png42B265A6-088D-4AFE-AEE5-5F49076ADE09.thumb.png.bdef1cf790dc64f27a5b39394f535d54.png

C388EDDC-58AB-4B25-A8FA-D526FA523846.png

Ugh.... once more.... apologies ?

Spoiler

250D7B76-E6CC-48D4-B466-0D8B54079025.thumb.png.951ac0087eb61596e5ce472022ee195a.png

Spoiler

0A1890C4-7232-49F6-B62E-0E9823DF44B8.thumb.png.e58433d16405b318f9de3feda0cd3ad2.png

Spoiler

58209F4E-76C2-414F-9429-42E8D31F8B9E.thumb.png.1d50a9700e44d4166eb917e3d9cc1899.png

• Love 2