IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Beyonce Caused A Sad Day For America

In the comments section, Lori again brags about how her daughter danced for a Christian ballet company. Lori and Ken probably picked that company out for snowflake Alyssa.

that's just STUPID Lori. then why dont you wear modest beautiful clothing and share jesus as you smoke pot.

i HATE it when fundies use *their* standards for right and wrong and condemn everyone else.

*eyeroll*

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody tell her Thomas is still gay in Downton Abbey!

I haven't seen Downton Abbey. I've heard good things about it and I plan to watch it someday. I did wonder about the content because Lori described it as "wholesome" the other day. I might be wrong, but wasn't there some of kind of rape storyline on DA that fans argue about.

In the comments section, Lori again brags about how her daughter danced for a Christian ballet company. Lori and Ken probably picked that company out for snowflake Alyssa.

I've said this once on FJ and, after looking seeing some of the pictures on that site, I'm saying it again: is turnout some sort of fundie stumbling block? When I did ballet, we weren't allowed to start pointe until we had proper turnout, but those girls seem to have been thrown into pointe after promising Jesus to never open their hips ('cept for birthin' babies, natch).

Well, as far as I can see from the pictures, you can't tell anything about the quality of the ballet with all the fabric flapping around. It's got to be harder to dance with all that extra skirt getting in the way... Then again, I know nothing - to quote from memory Caitlin Moran "I loved ballet but there were two things holding me back - my thighs"

I've said this once on FJ and, after looking seeing some of the pictures on that site, I'm saying it again: is turnout some sort of fundie stumbling block? When I did ballet, we weren't allowed to start pointe until we had proper turnout, but those girls seem to have been thrown into pointe after promising Jesus to never open their hips ('cept for birthin' babies, natch).

I didn't do ballet long enough to be able to tell whether their turnout is any good, but it surprises me that they'd let someone do pointe if it wasn't. I went to a ballet school that really wasn't picky about who it let in (seriously, I was terrible and was never stopped from participating in anything) and they were very strict about not letting people who weren't ready go on pointe.

Ballet Magnificat dancers don't dress any more modestly than most ballerinas. They don't wear tutus that show their butts, and they seem to make a point of hiding their backs and cleavage, but their outfits show just as much skin as your average ballet outfit. They've almost all got their shoulders showing. Their body suits are tight. Really, that's the kind of thing I would have worn at recitals, and my dance school was not conservative. I'm glad Lori isn't all NO DANCING AND HIDE YOUR SHOULDERS like the Duggars, but I don't get what she thinks is so special about her daughter's dance school.

Izzy, I was just looking at their ankles/feet. Except for what I've seen of the seemingly classically trained folks in charge, the dancers' ankles are more straight than turned out (like they're randomly leaping/posing in the middle of a walk, rather than leaping/posing while doing ballet). That's not only bad form, it's also horrible for your ankle/knee/hip health and can wreak havoc on your tendons.

Minerva, I do know of ballet schools that let girls do pointe even if they have poor turnout; there were several in my town in South Carolina and usually had names like "Tracy's Ballet Shack" rather than, say, "Greenville Ballet Theatre". In some instructors' eyes, it's a rite of passage rather than a "maybe if you're good enough." Plus, nearly all girls learning ballet dream of dancing en pointe, which means that some naive/frustrated parents will teacher shop until they find someone who will let their unprepared and unskilled speshul snowflake dance en pointe. (I also heard many similar stories from posters on dance.net, like, forever ago. Maybe it's not as prevalent now?)

I haven't seen Downton Abbey. I've heard good things about it and I plan to watch it someday. I did wonder about the content because Lori described it as "wholesome" the other day. I might be wrong, but wasn't there some of kind of rape storyline on DA that fans argue about.

There is. It's an episode in the first season.

Well, as far as I can see from the pictures, you can't tell anything about the quality of the ballet with all the fabric flapping around. It's got to be harder to dance with all that extra skirt getting in the way... Then again, I know nothing - to quote from memory Caitlin Moran "I loved ballet but there were two things holding me back - my thighs"

Ha! Caitlin Moran sounds like a hoot. I'll have to check out her books.

On-topic: As wisely mentioned, Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and the horrible mass shootings were truly sad days for our country. To lose one's burrito because a performer entertains in a non-frumper really shows what a shallow, vapid twit Lori is. As for man-boy, Ken, I can actually imagine him sexually harassing women. He even looks lecherous.

And I'm sure Lori and Ken would not appreciate me lusting over Aaron Rodgers, but he is hot!

celeb-aaron-rodgers-240x285.png

Of course they wouldn't approve of your lust for Aaron Rodgers--as a player for the Packers, he is a union thug.

And women aren't supposed to experience lust.

I also have to wonder if Lori watched the pregrame coverage. Colin Kaepernick was shown shirtless for part of an interview about his tattoos. Another thing to note, Lori lives in Southern California. I wonder if she gives a shit about that manhunt for the ex-cop who has killed 3 people and is threatening to kill more people. I think that is also sad for our country or at the least a region. But yesterday, while more people were finding out about the manhunt, Lori posts about how she thinks a pop star caused a sad day for our country.

Of course they wouldn't approve of your lust for Aaron Rodgers--as a player for the Packers, he is a union thug.

Being a union thug makes Rodgers even hotter. ;)

Ha! Caitlin Moran sounds like a hoot. I'll have to check out her books.

On-topic: As wisely mentioned, Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and the horrible mass shootings were truly sad days for our country. To lose one's burrito because a performer entertains in a non-frumper really shows what a shallow, vapid twit Lori is. As for man-boy, Ken, I can actually imagine him sexually harassing women. He even looks lecherous.

And I'm sure Lori and Ken would not appreciate me lusting over Aaron Rodgers, but he is hot!

celeb-aaron-rodgers-240x285.png

I have to agree with this. There is something creepy about Ken. He reminds me of how Unabomber looks. I also bet Ken has cheated on Lori, but she doesn't know or she does know and blames herself.

Izzy, I was just looking at their ankles/feet. Except for what I've seen of the seemingly classically trained folks in charge, the dancers' ankles are more straight than turned out (like they're randomly leaping/posing in the middle of a walk, rather than leaping/posing while doing ballet). That's not only bad form, it's also horrible for your ankle/knee/hip health and can wreak havoc on

Oops, cut your quote off, but I totally wasn't criticizing what you meant - I went off on a tangent and didn't express myself well. I was more talking about the body shape as far as ballet goes... In every company (not little kid) ballet I've ever been to, the performers wear very little, and what is worn is tight, not to be "like a stripper" but so the audience appreciates the form of the human body in ballet, which is a beautiful thing. The touring company pictures from the site make it look like they perform in long silk skirts, which I would think would be hard to dance in, and hard for the audience to appreciate the ballet.

Oops, cut your quote off, but I totally wasn't criticizing what you meant - I went off on a tangent and didn't express myself well. I was more talking about the body shape as far as ballet goes... In every company (not little kid) ballet I've ever been to, the performers wear very little, and what is worn is tight, not to be "like a stripper" but so the audience appreciates the form of the human body in ballet, which is a beautiful thing. The touring company pictures from the site make it look like they perform in long silk skirts, which I would think would be hard to dance in, and hard for the audience to appreciate the ballet.

Sorry I misunderstood. I get what you're saying about the clothes and think we're probably on the same page.

I wear long skirts every day and I get tripped up on them doing something as simple as walking in the wind, so I can't even imagine trying to do pas de chat--let alone grande jete--in one. There's a reason we were only allowed to wear tights and spaghetti strap leotards in class: so the instructor could see WTF we were doing with our legs and if we were positioning them correctly. Psst, fundies? There's a reason professional tutus stick straight out: not being able to see the line of the body is a detriment to the art of ballet.

P.S. I ranted about another fundie dancer to my husband once and he said: if men get turned on watching ballet, they're not watching the performance closely enough--or they're watching certain body parts too closely. :lol:

Sorry I misunderstood. I get what you're saying about the clothes and think we're probably on the same page.

I wear long skirts every day and I get tripped up on them doing something as simple as walking in the wind, so I can't even imagine trying to do pas de chat--let alone grande jete--in one. There's a reason we were only allowed to wear tights and spaghetti strap leotards in class: so the instructor could see WTF we were doing with our legs and if we were positioning them correctly. Psst, fundies? There's a reason professional tutus stick straight out: not being able to see the line of the body is a detriment to the art of ballet.

P.S. I ranted about another fundie dancer to my husband once and he said: if men get turned on watching ballet, they're not watching the performance closely enough--or they're watching certain body parts too closely. :lol:

The most defrauding thing about ballet is penises + tights.

LOL Minerva! They're all wearing dance belts, anyway. No fun. :(

They weren't wearing dance belts at the first ballet I ever went to. Either that or they weren't very good ones. Young Minerva got an eyeful.

They weren't wearing dance belts at the first ballet I ever went to. Either that or they weren't very good ones. Young Minerva got an eyeful.

:lol: I'm dying!

That's what I thought too, apart from the longish skirts, which I've seen at some performances anyway. Lori's view of modesty seems much laxer than other fundies' , she wears pants and her daughter's wedding dress was sleeveless. Which is just as well, but why is she getting so upset now?

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-sad-day-for-america.html

Is she telling her HUSBAND what to do!? Or maybe it is okay because she asked rather than told him to change the channel?

Did just a name search and found this. I don't want to necessarily put her in the snark because I don't know anything about Lori's daughter or her beliefs. This is still good Lori snark however.

zoominfo.com/#!search/profile/person?personId=170528330&targetid=profile

Pretty sure this is her daughter, Alyssa. She went to the Ballet Magnificant in Jackson, MS. However, she also went to a normal dance school as a child. She appeared to be an instructor at a dance school that was not religious and also studied dance at non-religious academies in summer, but no one by the name Alyssa now works at the school. I don't know her married name to see if she works anywhere else.

i like how Lori is only defrauded by women....and only because she knows her husband is a wild animal who can't control himself.

change the channel and shut up Lori, no one likes every show on every channel.

Archived