IGNORED

God bought Lauren a dress

Daenerys

I just read the comments and whoever questioned her she did actually post it and gave an answer. A shitty, not well thought out answer that blames parents for their kids starving, but she did at least allow comments that don't agree with her. I'm surprised.

In many cases, the suffering you are talking about with children starving is due to terrible choices on their parents' part

And in most cases it isn't.

And I can't agree that God giving me a dress is a sign of favoritism. He brought many children home to be with Him today--while many of those situations were tragic for us left behind, from an eternal perspective isn't that the greatest favoritism of all?

WTF! She is really saying, that the kids who starve to death are the lucky ones?! She is officially more self-absorbed than Miss Raquel.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure whether this is IBLP or VF but they were at Amy Braderick's wedding: onebrightcorner.blogspot.fr/2010/07/seal-upon-your-heart.html

They are also very involved in the Christian Heritage Conference: onebrightcorner.blogspot.fr/2009/04/passing-on-faith.html

I just read the comments and whoever questioned her she did actually post it and gave an answer. A shitty, not well thought out answer that blames parents for their kids starving, but she did at least allow comments that don't agree with her. I'm surprised.

In many cases, the suffering you are talking about with children starving is due to terrible choices on their parents' part

And in most cases it isn't.

And I can't agree that God giving me a dress is a sign of favoritism. He brought many children home to be with Him today--while many of those situations were tragic for us left behind, from an eternal perspective isn't that the greatest favoritism of all?

WTF! She is really saying, that the kids who starve to death are the lucky ones?! She is officially more self-absorbed than Miss Raquel.

"The miracle of a dress?" oh pleeeze. That's just tantamount to, say, a paraplegic suddenly walking again. And even supposing that children starve because of their parents' bad decisions, you'd assume God could override said bad decisions.

Anyway, I have a solution for future next miracles, albeit a slightly more expensive one: go to proper stores rather than thrifts, and you can have all the sizes you want.

This afternoon, God gave me three really nice silky black tops at Forever 21. My boobs look positively phenomenal in them. THANK YOU JEBUS.

Aside: here's one defining characteristic of "God's woman", found here: onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2012/12/snapshots-of-gods-woman.html

When she is shaken, Christ overflows. When she is pricked, she bleeds Christ.

There is something SERIOUSLY sick about these people and their obsession with blood.

I love how god can find time in his busy schedule for providing modest dresses and sundry other treats for spoiled American Christians. Never mind the orphans with AIDS, that SAHD needed a new frock.

I love your user name - that was one of my favorite books when I was little!

In my fundie days we were advised to pray over every little thing: clothes to wear that day, a card to send to a friend, what to make for dinner. I was taught that God cared about the minutia of our daily lives. As such, I would pray for parking spaces when I was desperate to park close (I don't want to go into details). Although, I felt uncomfortable about it - like it was REALLY shallow and vapid of me.

I don't know how to explain the idea behind it - especially when looking at it from a third world, poverty stricken perspective - but, I'll try - it was like God knew that we would be born in America and that all problems are scaled per what was expected in that culture - so, a dress would have equal importance to someone in more desperate need. Anyhow, that's what it kind of boiled down to. Looking at it now - I think it's stupid and entitled.

That's weird, because, raised Catholic, I was told that this amounted to "naming the name of God in vain". I remember feeling guilty about praying that the bus would arrive quickly.

Two thoughts: Lauren doesn't write nearly as well as she thinks she does. And this, from Mikaela's "about me:" Only a decade ago, I had the same mindset many other girls have, expecting to go to college, get a job, and be “independent†for an indefinite period. Now I am content to remain in my father’s house and under his guidance until he passes on the responsibility to another man. is one of the saddest things I've ever read.

I've always wondered at what point they were "convicted" to stay at home and not live a normal adult life - they've hinted at moments like when they were convinced to dress modestly, but I do wonder how exactly their parents wore down their spirits so completely that they just think they exist to be looked after by men. They are deeply annoying but compared to Miss Raquel I do see a spark of genuine intelligence in their writing that has been minimised by lack of a good education. In another life they would probably have had really successful careers and yet here they are sitting in Daddy's house waiting for their prince, teaching their siblings (!) and going to a joke online college.

What a waste.

Aside: here's one defining characteristic of "God's woman", found here: onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2012/12/snapshots-of-gods-woman.html

When she is shaken, Christ overflows. When she is pricked, she bleeds Christ.

My first thought was "should have read " When she is shaken, she is not stirred.""

My first thought was "should have read " When she is shaken, she is not stirred.""

*SNORT*

These girls are doomed from the start. Some of Lauren's developments on "modest" dress:

Wait, what? Why was that your "sin nature"? You have a number of girls that you and your parents both respect as role models who dress a certain way, so why shouldn't you want to dress like them? Oh yeah, maybe because the clothes you wear don't actually determine the quality of your character :roll:

Took me awhile to open this thread. This stuff is a trigger for me, having lived in the middle of people who aspire to this garbage. I have seen the utter distruction modesty standards like these create. I know the Laurens of the world and they are really just teens/young adults that have found a way to cloak their self righteous distain to others with christianity garb. It is tough enough to be a teen girl. These parents teach their daughters this false standards crap and set them loose to tear each other up. How about the girl that calls home from the mall to tell her mother she just saw so-in-so in jeans or pants? Of course mom feels it her christian obligation to fall on the phone (not her knees) and let everyone know. Well that is a given, but it could all boil down to weather you wear flip flops with your gawd awful frumper. Let me tell you this is a blood sport, And I have often wondered if it wasn't a weird underground game for the mothers using their daughters as pawns.

Ok I'll go away now. Sorry this is so long.

That's weird, because, raised Catholic, I was told that this amounted to "naming the name of God in vain". I remember feeling guilty about praying that the bus would arrive quickly.

And yet another perspective, mainstream non fundie protestantism in the 70s / 80s (even from the more fundy person I knew in my church) advised against praying for "stuff you wanted" ie, a certain boy to ask you to a dance, "stuff" for yourself... like a pretty dress. We stuck with prayers of praise and "daily bread/world peace/" type prayers. I was shocked in my 30s when someone told me they prayed for a parking place.... I couldn't imagine it. And I was bemused when someone told me they prayed about which shirt to wear (blue or green) before getting dressed. They were sure God cared which shirt they wore each day.

I was dumfounded by this and still am.

I was told that it's fine to pray for that kind of stuff, but you won't always get it. But God will always answer prayers for things like strength and inner peace, etc. Also you should pray for people who died, world peace, world leaders, big things like that.

Although I do admit I have let out a "Thank You Jesus" after finding a good parking space. LOL

Took me awhile to open this thread. This stuff is a trigger for me, having lived in the middle of people who aspire to this garbage. I have seen the utter distruction modesty standards like these create. I know the Laurens of the world and they are really just teens/young adults that have found a way to cloak their self righteous distain to others with christianity garb. It is tough enough to be a teen girl. These parents teach their daughters this false standards crap and set them loose to tear each other up. How about the girl that calls home from the mall to tell her mother she just saw so-in-so in jeans or pants? Of course mom feels it her christian obligation to fall on the phone (not her knees) and let everyone know. Well that is a given, but it could all boil down to weather you wear flip flops with your gawd awful frumper. Let me tell you this is a blood sport, And I have often wondered if it wasn't a weird underground game for the mothers using their daughters as pawns.

Ok I'll go away now. Sorry this is so long.

I have witnessed this type of behavior and it's so terrible on the psyche, especially of young women and girls. I would love to hear more about your experiences at some point.

Archived