IGNORED

God bought Lauren a dress

Daenerys

Because he's not bothered with world hunger, or the many wars waging... he's focussed on letting Lauren get her pretty grey dress in the right 'modest' size :roll: The self-absorption of these fundies is astounding at times - she even uses verses from the Bible to justify that god has 'honoured' her with this cable-knit. What the hell....

It was the beautiful cable-knit that first begged my notice. Haphazhardly hung amidst cast-off 80’s dresses with stripes plus daisies and 90’s evening gowns of a weird holographic purple at a diverse thrift store, this dress was different. I rescued the dress from its place of scorn and examined it. Brand new; seemed to be the right length and size; quite simple but somehow lovely; but was grey my color? I tossed it over my arm to try on.

A few minutes later, I pulled the grey dress over my head in the fitting room, and I knew I loved it. But as I rotated in front of the full-length mirror, a question niggled in my mind. Was it too small for me? I stepped out of the fitting room, and a friend gushed, “Oh, grey is definitely your color!â€

Mama agreed, and, in fact, everyone loved the dress, except for the very question that I had had—it was definitely too tight. Although the tag clearly stated my size, the fit of the dress on me was simply too form-fitting to be modest. With some sadness, I hung it on the rack of “discards,†and tried to forget about the dress that had almost been perfect. I knew I wouldn’t want to wear it as it was, but I still had one of those moments in which I mentally ran through the far-fetched options of a fabric-stretching machine or a wonder-slip to try to make it work.

But the day sped its way on. A happy blur of trying on, laughter with friends, finding finds, and chatting. Soon enough another store, another town. Another rack of clothes, but the same grey cable-knit fabric beckoning to my astonished self. I was convinced my eyes were lying to me, but I pulled it out and held it at arm’s length, and had to admit that it was the very same dress I had seen at a different thrift store! With trepidation, I pulled at the neck and peered at the size, only to be floored by the realization that it was several sizes bigger than the other dress I had tried on.

I could not keep this secret to myself, and with excitement bursting out of me, ran across the store: “Guys! Guess what!â€

The fitting room mirror confirmed that this dress was a perfect fit, and as I stood in front of the mirror, smoothing the fabric down with my hands, I had to be overwhelmed with this gift from my Lord. Because, really, what are the chances of finding the same dress in the perfect, larger size at a different, random thrift store? Statistically—I’m sure the chances are small. But the chances are not small when you are loved by the God who created the world. In that moment in that 3 by 3 fitting room I was humbled to realize that my Father is one who delights in giving His daughter a gift like that to bring a smile to my face and refreshed faith to my heart. It was as if He were reaching down from Heaven with a hug and saying, “Because I love you!†He was living out Isaiah 43:4:

“Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life.â€

And He was fulfilling James 1:17:

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.â€

And naturally, I wanted to share with you all that wonderful present from God that I opened last week! What gifts has He given you lately?

onebrightcorner.blogspot.com

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you should say that, because she and her twin sister are friends with Miss Raquel.... though not quite as self-absorbed, thankfully.

Maybe it's because they don't run a daily blog of me, me, me? Thread jack, but, whatever happened to Ms Raquel's horse? o.0

They are getting to be as bad as Miss Raquel. If the dress was brand new, then probably a store donated some clothes to a thrift shop, that would explain why the same brand new dress in a larger size was found at another store.

I think God's daughter got bored with God's horse.

Why would God give some random fundie girl a dress, but still allow people to starve to death or get cancer?

Cant anything just be a coincidence or lucky for them.

Having looked at the blog and seen the dress, IMO it looks too big and the smaller size would have looked much better on her. Maybe God really wanted her to get that first dress and the other one was meant for someone else?

Why would God give some random fundie girl a dress, but still allow people to starve to death or get cancer?

Cant anything just be a coincidence or lucky for them.

Uh, because those starving or cancer ridden peoples haven't accepted Jesus as their LORD and savior. :roll: He simply can't be going off, feeding and healing when one of His precious bloggers is in dire need of fashionable, modest clothes.

Having looked at the blog and seen the dress, IMO it looks too big and the smaller size would have looked much better on her. Maybe God really wanted her to get that first dress and the other one was meant for someone else?

Butbutbut... then you could see her BODY! It wouldn't be MODEST! Teh menz wouldn't be able to resist running up and just tearing it off her, because they are completely incapable of self-control!

Butbutbut... then you could see her BODY! It wouldn't be MODEST! Teh menz wouldn't be able to resist running up and just tearing it off her, because they are completely incapable of self-control!

You know she would just wind up throwing herself at the nearest alpha male because that what her ovaries are telling her to do... :whistle:

You know she would just wind up throwing herself at the nearest alpha male because that what her ovaries are telling her to do... :whistle:

There's a hundred posts at home about how if she stays home with Daddy and avoids having any male friends or spending any time alone with eligible young men or ever even thinks about love/romance then Mr Perfect is going to just FALL INTO HER LAP.

Just bopping around her blog and came across the family Christmas photo. Very odd, to say the least.

onebrightcorner.blogspotDOTcom/search/label/Papa

Well, if it was Goodwill the odds are pretty good that you could find the same nwt dress in a different size if it was from Target. Target donates past season/way past clearance/customer returns, etc items to Goodwill who then marks them almost up to the original retail. I shop at multiple Goodwills and have seen this often.

Wow, even for fundies who believe every trivial little thing is a gift from God this is extreme. You'd think she or a loved one survived a serious accident unscathed, from the tone of the post.

Also, it's funny how the more modest you are, the more you have to post cutesy photos of yourself modelling clothes. And the dress is still tight anyway, or at least figure-enhancing (so if it's really "several sizes larger" than the other one the other one must have been way too small).

A thrift store is a place of scorn?

I only visit thrift stores to scorn the clothes (no, I don't), don't you? They all seem to have this same twee, florid writing style :roll:

If God is so good, then why did he tease her with an immodest dress, first? Just to make her appreciate his gift better when she found it later after being disappointed the first time?

from experience i can honestly say that so many of these fundie girls naively, self-absorbedly believe that God caters to their every whim and fancy simply because "I'm God's Daughter!" (looking at you Miss Raquel). *shudders* to think i used to be one of them!!!

Girl, you need to stop letting God pick your clothes. That dress is NOT that cute. I bet Satan could pick you out something way better.

This just makes me want to puke. Preferably all over Lauren's perfect cable knit dress.

Uh, because those starving or cancer ridden peoples haven't accepted Jesus as their LORD and savior. :roll: He simply can't be going off, feeding and healing when one of His precious bloggers is in dire need of fashionable, modest clothes.

Closed Womb, I commented on the post saying pretty much the same things as you. Surprise of surprises, she didn't publish it.

Archived