Guest RitaMeterMaid

This blog is a rabbit-hole.

I'm especially in love with her posts on 'scheduling babies' which has created quite a stir among her readers (Ezzo/Babywise/schedulers vs. AP/nurse on demand). Even Zsu shows up to put in her $.02 as to why Schupe is doing it wrong.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zsu shows up in the comments of another blog to tell them that theyre doing it wrong. This Ive got to see! One thing I cant complain about Zsu for is that she actually seems to enjoy her baby, instead of shoving it in a crib to cry for hours.

Zsu shows up in the comments of another blog to tell them that theyre doing it wrong. This Ive got to see! One thing I cant complain about Zsu for is that she actually seems to enjoy her baby, instead of shoving it in a crib to cry for hours.

Here you go: largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2011/02/large-family-organization-scheduling.html

Just when you think good old Zsu is making some sense, she starts in on the birth control = abortion. And then you remember just exactly who she is.

Does anyone else find it annoying that she inserts *smile* into every other sentence? Lest we think for a moment she isn't keeping sweet and smiling.

Yes, the "smile" bit annoyed the crap out of me. And, I really felt the room with bunk beds and the round cribs in it was horrific.

Oh wow. I had totally forgot about her! Glad to see she's still as speshul as before...

I would have never thought to sort my laundry, so glad I checked in!

Oooh yes, I've seen her blog! One time I googled "modesty" for fun... She has some real gems, especially her reasons for wearing skirts only (the troubling study thats shows a man's eye travels up the leg and focuses on the lady parts!) and her little argument about how her short hair is godly. She is also very condescending IMHO

Zsu is in a unique position that she manages to attachment-parent her babies (wraps, co-sleeps, weans on demand) while simultaneously judging/mocking/bashing attachment parenting. It's a little mind-boggling until you remember that it's Zsu we're talking about.

Erika ShupeJanuary 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Well, that's a big question about alcohol. *chuckle* No, we don't choose to drink any alcohol at all. I know that Jesus drank wine, but that was not of the same alcoholic content as it is today. And I know that scripture says Do not get drunk, but does not say Do not drink. But if one doesn't drink often then even a little alcohol can compromise one's judgement/reflexes, etc. The Bible also speaks a lot on being above reproach and not causing someone else to "stumble" by our own actions, and when Christians drink and others see it it certainly cause others to stumble in their own success at staying alert and sober. So we really see no benefit at all at consuming alcohol, and only great harm. My extended family has extensive alcoholism issues, so I've never seen good in it at all, only brokenness and pain.

Whenever I've been on leadership teams for churches or ministries there was always a no drinking policy - period. For these reasons mentioned above. So I figured, if that is the best way to live when being a model in leadership, why shouldn't I live the rest of my life like that as well? Why compromise and live to a lower standard just because I'm no longer working for the church? So, we simply don't consume any alcohol at all.

I do cook with cooking wine, however, as it adds great flavor; but the alcohol cooks out of it so it doesn't matter regarding that.

And Katie, about vaccinations - another huge topic, and one that I've honestly not even wanted to take on yet *chuckle* (I know, weird with everything else we've taken on here at LFOP). As of a little less than 2 years ago we no longer vaccinate the children at all. I got a lot more information about it from our chiropractic/naturopath doctors, and from online and books. And we'll never do it again. But sadly we did for our children up until that point. Thankfully we haven't had any detrimental effects as a result.

NOT TOUCHING THE VAX SHIT WITH A 10 FOOT POLE!!!!!!

I'm sorry, you dont drink because you drinking make other people think its OK? Um, huh? If you dont want to drink, thats fine, but dont pretend that the world is waiting to follow your lead.

I do cook with cooking wine, however, as it adds great flavor; but the alcohol cooks out of it so it doesn't matter regarding that.

Barf. Cooking wine is vile and is full of salt. If you can't cook with something worth drinking just leave it out, but then I bet she is scared someone might see her buying real wine and it would ruin her witness. :naughty:

Barf. Cooking wine is vile and is full of salt. If you can't cook with something worth drinking just leave it out, but then I bet she is scared someone might see her buying real wine and it would ruin her witness. :naughty:

If she were a real christian she would make wine just like jesus drank and cook with that. Of course, she'd have to find some filthy well water... but you know... its all about your witness!

I assume someone else has posted this, they're evil.

Evil *wink* *smile* *vomit*

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2011/02/large-family-organization-scheduling.html

Many parents are told that they need to feed a baby “on demand†every single time it cries (or demands it) – maybe 18 times a day, assuming that baby is hungry again – and they don’t know there is another way. Parents can learn how to meet baby’s needs without Mom feeling like a human pacifier. “Parent Directed Feeding†for newborns brings health, predictability, and order to a baby’s day. We learned how to lovingly and proactively guide our babies, rather than being led by the infants unknown needs. Babies are able to be predictable in their routine, peaceful, content, eating and sleeping in regular increments. It’s very possible! It’s very enjoyable. I’ve nev

Zsu is in a unique position that she manages to attachment-parent her babies (wraps, co-sleeps, weans on demand) while simultaneously judging/mocking/bashing attachment parenting. It's a little mind-boggling until you remember that it's Zsu we're talking about.

She does manage to do all those things (judging/mocking/etc.) quite well. Its a gift.

Edited to make sarcasm more evident.

Depending on the cooking method, it doesn't necessarily all cook out; she might as well use the good stuff.

Archived