IGNORED

Masterchef

Antigone

Anyone here watch masterchef?? I'm watching it on Hulu, since it is usually on when I'm watching something else or busy. I love Gordon Ramsay, but I don't really like the other judge, Joe, he seems a bit arrogant and snobby, but that's probably just me due to my extreme favoritism of Gordon Ramsay :D

Who is your favorite contestant? I was rooting for Guiseppe- but now I'm pretty much anti-christian due to his stupid ego and the way he treats/talks about others.

I couldn't make it on that show!!! but I enjoy learning about various things that I can apply to my own cooking to improve it or at least be more aware of various issues that come up when cooking...much better than listening to my MIL talk about cooking (she has a degree in home ec, of all things).

I do!!! I think all judges except the American one (I can't remember his name) are mean. Ramsay can be very mean, of course not as pretentious as Joe.

I liked Alejandra... :( Christian is the most horrible person... could he be more pretentious? Suzy is portrayed a little less pretentious in the last episodes. I can't imagine how christian's son is O_o

I liked Alejandra too, I was sad to see her go :( and Suzy seems to have improved a bit, for some reason she reminds me of sarah michelle gellar, LOL (Buffy from Buffy the vampire slayer).

I expect people to be a bit nastier than they are IRL on reality tv but Christian seems to be a new kind of nasty- very immature and arrogant. but that's just me LOL :)

I liked Alejandra too, I was sad to see her go :( and Suzy seems to have improved a bit, for some reason she reminds me of sarah michelle gellar, LOL (Buffy from Buffy the vampire slayer).

I expect people to be a bit nastier than they are IRL on reality tv but Christian seems to be a new kind of nasty- very immature and arrogant. but that's just me LOL :)

OMG you're so right! I think it's this small jaw...

On MasterChef, Austrailia, they had to cook for the Dali Lama. One of the contestants refused to address him as Holiness because she was a Christian. I would have loved to have seen this episode.

Joe is nasty, I wonder if he got nasty after he lost the weight.\

I kinda like Ben Starr.

On MasterChef, Austrailia, they had to cook for the Dali Lama. One of the contestants refused to address him as Holiness because she was a Christian. I would have loved to have seen this episode.

Joe is nasty, I wonder if he got nasty after he lost the weight.\

I kinda like Ben Starr.

wait what???

yeah ben starr is ok...

I watch it on Hulu too! I skipped the audition episodes...I'm really not interested in their personal history or sob stories.

Unlike the Next Food Network Star, this show isn't demanding sob stories. I am a decent home chef and there is no way I could cook like any of these guys.

what's this about Joe losing weight??

I loved the show they did with the moms :) Gordon's mom was my favorite. yes I'm biased, obviously.

I think it's more about the personality than the jaw, but yes I saw that too about Suzy/SMG :)

My daughter LOVES Ben's funny hats, she calls him the silly hat man :-P LOL

Have you watched the last episode? Christian reaches new heights of pretentiousness... "I think Christine is arrogant to keep saying she's a better cook than me because it is clearly not the case" Like selfish people are those who never think of me.

I mean you could not write a character like that on a show!

I feel like this guy in a restaurant would get many harrasment claims or would not be able to retain any worker!

I agree!!!

I think they are just keeping him on for the drama value, the man HAS talent but the attitude is defenitely keeping him from true success. I loved how he got his butt handed to him by the judges. Finally. Though I think they went too easy on him :(

I wouldn't hire a person like him if i had a restaurant. Talent does mean something but how you present yourself is important as well and could be the deciding factor for some things...

I like Masterchef! I also watch Hell's Kitchen but prefer Masterchef.

Christian can leave any time now. I'm rooting for Tracy; she seems competent and doesn't talk crap about the others.

I've noticed that too, Prince; but it's all about product placement!!! ;) as long as it does not get obnoxious I do not mind. A quick mention by brand name is all I have seen as of far

and HELLS KITCHEN ROCKS :) That is my new addiction on Hulu. Is it just me or is Jean Philip the most defrauding man I've ever seen on the show....? Granted, I think I may have been watching too much of Hell's Kitchen recently since I had a few dreams last night about that show.

At least these kinds of shows has helped with my cooking! Hubby mentioned that he's noticed an improvement, and meatloaf is no longer banned in our house (a disaster cooking meatloaf for our first meal and subsequent attempts earned the ban, it has been lifted after I redeemed myself last year after watching a show of Gordon's).

I started watching this on Hulu too, I'm up to episode 6 or 7? I love Gordon Ramsey, much my mom's dismay. The judges kind of amuse me, there's a nice guy, a tough love guy, and a douchebag. It's like a box set. I can't stand Joe, he has all the meanness of Gordon at his worst, but without any of the friendliness that mellows Gordon out.

My two favorites went out in the first elimination episode (the guy who made fried alligator for the tryout and the one who learned to cook so he could care for his wife). I was also rooting for Suzy in the tryouts and was subsequently shocked by what a shallow bitch she turned out to be. I'm not really sure who I'm rooting for at this point. Probably Ben? I was just happy to see Max go. :twisted:

Ben Starr went home. I hope he applies for the Next FoodNetwork Star. I think that he would rock there.

I thought Adrian was going to leave. I mean he's the guy they keep to get out if the one they like is being threatenned. This guy can't cook, can't plate. I don't think he's as good as the others. This week was just the two I prefered leaving the game... :(

Christian cannot win please!!!

Wolfgang Puck offered to teach someone how to make pizxza, that reminds me of what he did to Jill on the Food Network Star show.

Ben Starr went home. I hope he applies for the Next FoodNetwork Star. I think that he would rock there.

I would watch a Ben Starr show. :) It could be all about making unusual ingredient combinations work and creative cooking. I would not, however, wish Food Network on him. That corporation does terrible things to people. They take in normal human beings and churn out grossly exaggerated caricatures.

Since Ben is a bit of a caricature, FN should love him. I really liked him and wish hem the best.

I am actually very happy

Jennifer won, I don't like Adrian, he had so many failures... They had seem to put him up in the last episodes and I was really scared they would choose him! It's of course very ironic, that three male chefs choose twice in a row two women as winners of masterchef... Anyway I actually can't wait to see what will become of her.

So this year they don't get a cookbook deal too? The last year winner's cookbook looks great I've been very tempted to buy it actually... that's kind of a let down I think because most of us won'T go eat in their restaurant, because it's far and I'm sure it's going to be very pricey...

I finally got to watch the finale because it came up on hulu. The music was sooooo over the top for it--I guess I wasn't as emotionally invested as I should have been (or they wanted me to be, anyway). I get that it's a big deal, but the music sounded like it belonged in a scene where the Titanic sinks.

I finally got to watch the finale because it came up on hulu. The music was sooooo over the top for it--I guess I wasn't as emotionally invested as I should have been (or they wanted me to be, anyway). I get that it's a big deal, but the music sounded like it belonged in a scene where the Titanic sinks.

I was reading at the time - I did not even notice :P

• 10 months later...

Anyone watching this season? I like this group of people, even though a few good ones went home.

I am happy that Ryan is gone, he was a ass-hat! I think Monti might take it all..shes quirky, but has proved that she deserves to be there!

This is also the only show I can stand Gordon Ramsay on lol! I know hes a super nice guy in real life, but I cannot stand hell's kitchen. I dont like all the yelling, so this is my kind of show!

This is what your post made me thing of, lol: masterchef.jpg

This is also the only show I can stand Gordon Ramsay on lol! I know hes a super nice guy in real life, but I cannot stand hell's kitchen. I dont like all the yelling, so this is my kind of show!

I agree. I liked Kitchen Nightmares better, seemed like that had a more positive outcome for most of the people involved.

Archived