IGNORED

The Maxwells were invited to another nursing home!

WonderingInWA

And Anna is dressed like a hussy (according the Maxhell standards). Not only is she sporting a flirtatious new hairstyle, but her sweater is form-fitting.

They are marketing her to the elderly!

Notice the use of the term 'retirement home' and not elderly home and calling them 'residents' not the elderly.

Strange that... Hi Stevie! :naughty:

Sarah signs off:

Resting in Jesus,

Sarah

:lol:

There was "synergy in the room"? Say what? I don't think Steve allows that. Maybe Sarah was referring to a variant of the norovirus that was infecting the elderly? Alas, no animal crackers in that refreshment spread.

Anna's looking quite chic, for a Maxwell. Is that tinted lip gloss?

Wow she has really de-frumped lately, hasn't she?

Is Sarah using the word "synergy" correctly in that post?

That's not what I thought that word meant. Does she mean energy maybe?

Wow she has really de-frumped lately, hasn't she?

Is Sarah using the word "synergy" correctly in that post?

That's not what I thought that word meant. Does she mean energy maybe?

I think she does mean energy, not synergy.

From dictionary.com:

syn·er·gy

[sin-er-jee]

noun, plural syn·er·gies.

the interaction of elements that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual elements, contributions, etc.; synergism.

Physiology, Medicine/Medical . the cooperative action of two or more muscles, nerves, or the like.

Biochemistry, Pharmacology . the cooperative action of two or more stimuli or drugs.

Is Anna sporting a perm?? Or she just washed and scrunched her hair to make it do that naturally?

Either way it seems different than her usual style, and dare I say it, daring (for her).

I think she does mean energy, not synergy.

From dictionary.com:

syn·er·gy

[sin-er-jee]

noun, plural syn·er·gies.

the interaction of elements that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual elements, contributions, etc.; synergism.

Physiology, Medicine/Medical . the cooperative action of two or more muscles, nerves, or the like.

Biochemistry, Pharmacology . the cooperative action of two or more stimuli or drugs.

Well, and the word "synergy" makes my ears bleed. It was a term that was used a lot in the late 80s through the 90s that phased out. Not sure what it was replaced with.

ETA: Actually, I think it was so overused in the growth of the tech industry, people got tired of it and just went back to "teamwork".

No doubt they used the opportunity to badger the residents to "settle the question" about where they are going to spend eternity. Because faith is really just like Parliamentary Procedure, don'tcha know.

And what's with exposing the chilluns to all the Valentine-themed decorations and treats? There's serious danger of sparking potentially defrauding thoughts!!!

And Anna is dressed like a hussy (according the Maxhell standards). Not only is she sporting a flirtatious new hairstyle, but her sweater is form-fitting.

The. buttons. Can't. take. my. eyes. off. the. sweater. buttons.

Is Anna sporting a perm?? Or she just washed and scrunched her hair to make it do that naturally?

Either way it seems different than her usual style, and dare I say it, daring (for her).

That looks like the work of some kind of sassy appliance! Wow, I hope it doesn't become an idol.

Did anyone else cringe when they saw that skirt on poor Abby? It looked like it was a fine polka-dotted skirt, but then some Maxwell attatched curtains from 1971 to the bottom.

That looks like the work of some kind of sassy appliance! Wow, I hope it doesn't become an idol.

I'm thinking about that scene in Jane Eyre where Mr. Brocklehurst orders one girl's naturally curly hair to be chopped off, as curls are a sign of vanity and displeasing to God.

(Don't get any ideas, Steve.)

I can't read/hear the word "Synergy" without immediately thinking of that holographic creature who turned frunpalicious Jerrica into pop sensation Jem on the beloved 80s cartoon. Perhaps it was she who transformed Anna into a defrauding beauty for the big retirement home concert. :lol:

Not to veer too far OT (my mind works in mysterious ways), but didn't an FJ member once make a comment on the Maxwells' page that used the word "elderly" about fifteen times in response to one of their multitude of RH soul-winning visits?

I am pretty sure Anna is wearing at least lip gloss, if not full on makeup in that one picture. She looks great, by the way. I also think rollers of some sort or a curling iron was deployed to do the locks. I'm wondering if Steve-o has loosened the rules a bit in order to avoid having a herd of un-wed SAHDs in his barn. Maybe he's realized that a houseful of unmarried 30-something "children" does not bode well for selling his brand. On the other hand, all three of the SAHDs are truly lovely without any potentially defrauding additives, and he really just needs to loosen up on the stranglehold he has on them and potential suitors. Whatever is afoot here, I like the results.

I just want to point out that I am excited to be 2/3s of the way clear to my 75 post minimum to starting a new topic. I saw the new Maxwell blog post earlier today and wanted to make a topic about it but had to wait until someone else started the discussion.

I can't read/hear the word "Synergy" without immediately thinking of that holographic creature who turned frunpalicious Jerrica into pop sensation Jem on the beloved 80s cartoon. Perhaps it was she who transformed Anna into a defrauding beauty for the big retirement home concert. :lol:

Not to veer too far OT (my mind works in mysterious ways), but didn't an FJ member once make a comment on the Maxwells' page that used the word "elderly" about fifteen times in response to one of their multitude of RH soul-winning visits?

They DID. I wish I could take credit for it, but it wasn't me. Was it JohnHugh? We've got a lot of funny peeps on this board, but for some reason johnhugh comes to mind.

I am pretty sure Anna is wearing at least lip gloss, if not full on makeup in that one picture. She looks great, by the way. I also think rollers of some sort or a curling iron was deployed to do the locks. I'm wondering if Steve-o has loosened the rules a bit in order to avoid having a herd of un-wed SAHDs in his barn. Maybe he's realized that a houseful of unmarried 30-something "children" does not bode well for selling his brand. On the other hand, all three of the SAHDs are truly lovely without any potentially defrauding additives, and he really just needs to loosen up on the stranglehold he has on them and potential suitors. Whatever is afoot here, I like the results.

I just want to point out that I am excited to be 2/3s of the way clear to my 75 post minimum to starting a new topic. I saw the new Maxwell blog post earlier today and wanted to make a topic about it but had to wait until someone else started the discussion.

Keep up the good posting, MB! You will soon be able to start your own threads. There is so much snarking to be done -- you'll get there in no time! :) Glad to have you here!

Holy shit I just looked at the pictures of Anna again and was TOTALLY defrauded by her sweater (which I hadn't noticed earlier). At first glance, if you've had one (or two) glasses of wine, and aren't wearing your bifocals, the violin at her neck makes it look like she's wearing a... GASP... v-neck sweater. Not only that, but one that goes down past her clavicle.

BTW, thanks WonderingInWA

Notice the use of the term 'retirement home' and not elderly home and calling them 'residents' not the elderly.

Strange that... Hi Stevie! :naughty:

Sarah signs off:

:lol:

My hubby worked in a retirement home, they were required to address the residents as residents, apparently it was more respectful...

Resting in Jesus

Is this a common saying in fundie circles? To my ears it sounds like a weird version of "rest in peace," implying death. Like, "Oh, Margie passed last month. She's resting in Jesus now."

Thank goodness Anna is sporting this tousled look, I have the devil of a time trying to distinguish those three women from each other.

Re "Resting in Jesus" the sign off varies "delighting" "rejoicing" etc.

They DID. I wish I could take credit for it, but it wasn't me. Was it JohnHugh? We've got a lot of funny peeps on this board, but for some reason johnhugh comes to mind.

;)

Guest Anonymous

;)

I reckon johnhugh has a google alert set up to let him know when we mention him here, as he is generally a dark horse, but always emerges when he hears his name. :lol:

Archived