IGNORED

Has Lady Lydia has lost it completely?

Convicted Blossom

The funny thing is how completely she's missing the Victorian mark. A Victorian lady would be horrified at a white winter coat. She might wear white during the hottest parts of the summer months or at the shore, but white was just too hard to launder and keep clean. Victorian fashions tended toward darker colors, both in dress and home decor. Dark blues, rich reds, burgundy, and shades of greens were popular and kept from showing dirt and dust for a longer time, thus lengthing the time between washings. Pink would have been as difficult as white to keep clean. Certainly a lady of "a certain age" would not be caught dead in pink or white, as those were considered suitable for younger women and girls. The reason that a white wedding dress was so novel is that it signified that the lady was wealthy enough that she could afford a special dress that in probability would only be able to be worn one time. Most people simply wore their Sunday best when they were married because that was all they could afford to do; the idea of wearing a dress for one time and then not reused was a privilege for the extremely wealthy.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, wasn't Samantha fierce? That winter outfit with the, like, tartan cape and the sweet white fur hat and muff? So baller.

I loved it. But then they came out with the Felicity doll, and I dropped Samantha like a rather unladylike habit. Felicity had a temper and loved horses and had a bitchin' green riding habit and hat. It was love at first sight. :)

Apparently the fog is dispersing but LL has all things foggy under control (bolding is mine).

blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=9186456&postID=4886926860035906957

LadyLydia said...

Hello Brenda,

I am hoping to host a few more fog teas along with sewing. So far, I have not left home in order to chase the fog, but I can see there will be a time when I will have to drive up into the hills to get thicker fog.It is getting less foggy here. Before it disappears completely I hope to get pictures of things shrouded in fog, and of course, make my fog wardrobe(smile).

9:50 PM

Cue Psycho music.

Edited by pixydust to fix/break link

Again with the fog....

The Fog is not as close to home as it has been this past month, but we are still enjoying the special "Fog Tea" to celebrate fog days. It has been a source of anticipation each day. I look for photographic opportunities to capture the different colors of fog in various times throughout the day.

:? Er....fog comes in colors now? This woman sounds like she lives in an acid flashback.

Again with the fog....

:? Er....fog comes in colors now? This woman sounds like she lives in an acid flashback.

Doesn't she live in the Pacific Northwest? Maybe she had a brief foray into hippiedom. I'd love to think for her sake that she had some fun SOMETIME in her life, y'know?

That said, how is fog even remotely noteworthy to someone who lives somewhere so foggy? I mean, I live in the south. To me, humidity in August isn't even worth mentioning; it's a heckuva lot more remarkable if it's not humid. I would expect that she would feel the same way about fog by now.

Again with the fog....

Actually, fog can come in varying colors. :) I never knew this until I moved to my current community, which gets Tule fog frequently in December and January. I've seen Tule fog take on a dark purplish tinge and drizzly, overcast days. On days when the sun makes an appearance and starts burning it off, the fog can take on a orange and yellow hues. One morning I started driving to school while it was still dark outside. The Tule fog was so thick I couldn't see far past the hood of my car. The sun came out when dawn broke, and the fog got so bright and yellow I had to put on my sunglasses. And no, I wasn't having an acid flashback. I should have been so lucky. :lol:

Lady Lydia is sometimes chummy with the Stinking Lousewife, but I get the vibe that Stinky thinks she's a lot

smarter that LL.

Oh no, I think Laura Wood and I might agree on that point! If I was wearing pearls, I'd be clutching the fuck out of them right now! :shock:

And, for fans of Carol Burnett, we have the lighthouse scene from the parody of A Stolen Life:

My stepdaughters are in the living room chanting, "Hi, Paaaaatsy. Hi Paaaaatsy." :lol:

My stepdaughters are in the living room chanting, "Hi, Paaaaatsy. Hi Paaaaatsy." :lol:

I'm so glad. We must pass important things on to the younger generation. :D

Well, I'll be: foggy fashion. homeliving.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/foggy-chic-fashion.html

This light blue, soft fabric expresses the fog fashion season. I have constructed a coat from the thinnest and cheapest fleece I could find, and made it for a total of $12.00.

The nice thing about a fog fashion show is that you do not have to use a fake fog machine.

The back belt or tab was made by twisting fabric and adding a button.

This was the pattern I used: 99cents at Walmart, designed for thin knits. I extended it to a long coat. To give it a "frustration rating" from zero to five, I would say that an inexperienced sewer would find it a five. It was fast to make, but had a quirky back neckline. The front is a long piece sewn around the back. I would not recommend it if you are not a confident sewer. I have done this type of thing before with a bolero jacket, so I was familiar with it.

The sleeves have been made longer and altered quite a bit from the original pattern.

For those who do not live in a foggy climate, this is what it is like: it feels like a soft, moist air on your face, finer than the lightest sprinkling of rain and more gentle than mist.

With a wide headband, I made a fascinator-hat. It was done with a combination of sewing and hot glue.

I did not have the foggiest notion how to go about making the kind of hat I had in mind, so I turned a strip of fabric into loops and twisted and glued them on to a wide headband.

I am sorry there was not time for tea today.

Edited by pixydust to break link

She really has gone off the deep end, hasn't she. Who is taking these pictures?! I wonder what her neighbors think about her standing out in the fog wearing tacky clothes getting eleventy pictures made.

I'm pretty sure that is Lady Lydia. Didn't she pose in a bathing suit she made once? She needs to be on what not to wear.

She really has gone off the deep end, hasn't she. Who is taking these pictures?! I wonder what her neighbors think about her standing out in the fog wearing tacky clothes getting eleventy pictures made.

That "coat" truly looks like a bathrobe and it's even made from fleece like bathrobes are. :shock: You ask a good question, who is taking the photos? Maybe she has a tripod and uses a timer?

Her husband really needs to stage an intervention. This is not normal behaviour, even for fundies.

I'm pretty sure that is Lady Lydia. Didn't she pose in a bathing suit she made once? She needs to be on what not to wear.

If she is going for ethereal, whimsical maiden in the fog. She failed. She did achieve old lady wandering in dressing gown in the cold may need intervention for dementia.

Her tendrils run deep.

And so does her insanity.

Anyone else remember her post concerning how unattractive hurricane victims looked while fleeing the storm?

Actually, fog can come in varying colors. :) I never knew this until I moved to my current community, which gets Tule fog frequently in December and January. I've seen Tule fog take on a dark purplish tinge and drizzly, overcast days. On days when the sun makes an appearance and starts burning it off, the fog can take on a orange and yellow hues. One morning I started driving to school while it was still dark outside. The Tule fog was so thick I couldn't see far past the hood of my car. The sun came out when dawn broke, and the fog got so bright and yellow I had to put on my sunglasses. And no, I wasn't having an acid flashback. I should have been so lucky. :lol:

Oh, Ok. I get that it can take on different hues, but the way she wrote that I thought she was perhaps seeing wavy gravy style colors. :lol:

And yes! Somebody needs to stage an intervention for this poor woman in her bathrobe coats.

She's not even standing out in fog.

hsh23+051.JPG

I do think she's gone off the deep end. I don't think her husband cares Do her children live nearby?

The only thing I was wondering was why was she standing outside in a robe?

I'm afraid to ask what started her obsession with the fog? This is just plain strange behavior.

I do think she's gone off the deep end. I don't think her husband cares Do her children live nearby?

Her daughter "Lollybeth" lives about 1.5 hours from her, I believe.

I find it pretty interesting that she posted the pictures of herself, since a while back she posted a diatribe about keeping personal information and pictures off your blog so that people wouldn't be able to make fun of you. Her blog got really boring after that for a while. I'm so glad she's back and bringing the wacky!

Archived