IGNORED

Has Lady Lydia has lost it completely?

Convicted Blossom

I've never looked at this blog before so I went over and read a few entries and could;w oeihfW;/BEOJGVB?LK nF/k>FBK/>Q Bjf ;iuFHU;wkjnc; ;oi32h

Oh, sorry, must have fallen asleep and headbanged my keyboard.

:sleeping-boring::sleeping-drool::sleeping-asleep: :sleeping-sleep: :sleeping-sleeping::sleeping-yellow::teasing-blah:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never looked at this blog before so I went over and read a few entries and could;w oeihfW;/BEOJGVB?LK nF/k>FBK/>Q Bjf ;iuFHU;wkjnc; ;oi32h

Oh, sorry, must have fallen asleep and headbanged my keyboard.

:sleeping-boring::sleeping-drool::sleeping-asleep: :sleeping-sleep: :sleeping-sleeping::sleeping-yellow::teasing-blah:

:lol:

That might explain the headache I got after reading her blog! That crockery made my eyes bleed! It was all whirly-swirly teacups, nicely-wholesome pictures and pastel-coloured bullshit. My headache's gone, but my teeth are still aching from that saccharine-sprinkled rubbish.

I found the coat! It's a Christmas Miracle!

ladiesagainstfeminism.com/artman/publish/Lady_Lydia_Speaks_2/Feminine_Dress_Winter_Sewing_768100768.shtml

Edited to fix link

Oh my...Lady Lydia looks just like I had been picturing her.

Edited by pixydust to break link

I have resisted checking out LL's blog because I break out in hives if exposed to excessive quantities of pink/lace/cloying sweetness/Dollar store tchotchkes (I'm delicate that way), but now that I have I have to say "WTF is it with all the fog?". I can not roll my eyes enough.

I would gladly fork over part of my pension to see Lady Lydia, Hyacinth Bucket, and Dame Edna have a Foggy Morning Tea Party.

I would gladly fork over part of my pension to see Lady Lydia, Hyacinth Bucket, and Dame Edna have a Foggy Morning Tea Party.

Especially since we all know that Dame Edna tends to spike her tea.

Interesting comment about the white dress. Apparently the newest thing is to wear any color. I saw wedding photos the other day where the bride's dress was bright red. I was surprised but I guess it's probably more practical as you can wear the dress for other events.

One of my great-grandmothers was married in a red dress. :D

It is an old tradition to wear color, that pre-dates the idea of wearing white. One got married in a flattering, practical or favorite color -- a dress that could be worn for many occasions.

I thought the "tradition" of the white wedding gown was basically a fad that started with Queen Victoria's wedding in 1840, and never died out. Attaching the symbolism of purity to it was an afterthought.

^ So true! We've got a wax doll that belonged to my great-great or whatever grandmother with a striped dress made from the same fabric as her mothers wedding dress, there is even a daguerreotype of her wearing the dress. Its a yellow & greyish (possibly might have been black once) striped silk.

It says on LLs resume website thingo that she went to Burnie Technical in Tasmania, where she studied art & literature. Technical schools were trade schools. Its like saying 'i did a hairdressing course, where I studied latin & soviet brutalism'. I think somebody is breaking a commandment!!!

One of my great-grandmothers was married in a red dress. :D

It is an old tradition to wear color, that pre-dates the idea of wearing white. One got married in a flattering, practical or favorite color -- a dress that could be worn for many occasions.

I thought the "tradition" of the white wedding gown was basically a fad that started with Queen Victoria's wedding in 1840, and never died out. Attaching the symbolism of purity to it was an afterthought.

Exactly- you got a nice new outfit that could be used for other occasions and would last a long time or if you couldn't afford it you just wore your Sunday best. I have both my grandmothers' wedding dresses; one is a tan wool suit skirt (I believe purchased for the wedding) and the other is a maroon dress (previously her Sunday best).

http://homeliving.blogspot.com/2013/01/foggy-afternoon-tea.html

She's been attempting -- and failing -- to add a fog effect to some of her photos, including a photo of a bread pan. (I thought she just needed to clean her camera lens at first, but realized that only some of the photos were blurry.)

I can't help but feel sad for her, given that she's clearly lost in her fantasy world, even if I find her views loathsome.

With the blueberry tea we are having foggy pudding. I made up the name so that the family would say "Bring us a foggy pudding."

My immediate reaction was that "Bring us a foggy pudding" could sound a lot like "bring us a fucking pudding" if said quickly. She cannot possibly be making that joke, right?

Last month we had thick fog pretty much all day for a week. It was neat and romantic, but it also sucked because it felt like living in a horror novel.

^ So true! We've got a wax doll that belonged to my great-great or whatever grandmother with a striped dress made from the same fabric as her mothers wedding dress, there is even a daguerreotype of her wearing the dress. Its a yellow & greyish (possibly might have been black once) striped silk.

It says on LLs resume website thingo that she went to Burnie Technical in Tasmania, where she studied art & literature. Technical schools were trade schools. Its like saying 'i did a hairdressing course, where I studied latin & soviet brutalism'. I think somebody is breaking a commandment!!!

If the daguerreotype shows a black and light dress, it probably wasn't black and yellow, because yellow photographs black in that process.

If the daguerreotype shows a black and light dress, it probably wasn't black and yellow, because yellow photographs black in that process.

Thats interesting. So what I thought was black is actually the yellow & the greyish stripes not have been black?

She's 60, if I remember correctly. Besides the Dollar Tree, she loves Walmart and buys fabrics for her dress creations there. She usually makes all the necklines higher as so not to defraud men with her oh so lovely collarbone.

My all time favorite pinkness was spraying the little pumpkins pink and slathering them with glitter.

She seems to have people over for bible studies and tea. In some pictures she shows the tables and it looks like store bought goodies on the plates.

We get fog here, wet drippy fog since we're so close to the ocean, and my arthritis hates it. My son works 3 blocks from the beach and some mornings you can't see the houses at the intersection. I hate driving in it, I'm much happier in my house until the sun burns through and the clouds are gone.

My immediate reaction was that "Bring us a foggy pudding" could sound a lot like "bring us a fucking pudding" if said quickly. She cannot possibly be making that joke, right?

Last month we had thick fog pretty much all day for a week. It was neat and romantic, but it also sucked because it felt like living in a horror novel.

So I keep hearing it sung in my head as "now bring us some figgy pudding, now bring it right here!" :lol:

My favorite thing about LL is the paintings she posts of actually nice-looking clothes before she posts whatever fugly bullshit she made. I can almost hear the womp-womp trombone.

This is why I've always liked reading her blog! It's so fussy and silly. It reminds me of when I was 9 and obsessed with Samantha from the American Girls and went to the flea market on weekends and collected ugly chipped china for tea parties, and thought pseudo-Victorian shit was just awesome.

Difference was, I was 9, and soon grew out of it into a normal person again.

I found the coat! It's a Christmas Miracle!

http://www.ladiesagainstfeminism.com/ar ... 0768.shtml

Edited to fix link

Lady Lydia models a polarfleece coat she made from the "pink" pattern shown above. The edges are bound with satin blanket trim. Doesn't she look beautiful out in the Oregon snow?

No, she's damn near invisible. Oh, and satin blanket trim? Yep, it's a hooded bathrobe. Can't have teh wimminz defrauding men by wearing REAL COATS! :roll: Because I'm sure I look SO SEXY in my 3-in-1 winter coat, which is about as bulky as you'd expect. But I don't live in some sort of magical fantasy world.

I also lived in an area where fog could get really bad to the point where sometimes school would start an hour or two later. It isn't that damn special. Beautiful, yes, but not so speshul you'd be stranded at home sipping tea and making Dollar Tree crafts and thinking of ways to incorporate fog into home decor.

Hmmm, reading her blog was actually quite disturbing. Her fantasy world seems even less connected to reality than ever before, which feels like it should be impossible.

It looks like she has way too much time on her hands. I doubt that even the wealthy Victorian women she wants to emulate could just sit around having tea in the fod or whatever, since they had, you know, houses to run.

Since her homemaking duties are lighter because her children are grown, wouldn't she be better off, as a Christian, volunteering or something?

This is why I've always liked reading her blog! It's so fussy and silly. It reminds me of when I was 9 and obsessed with Samantha from the American Girls and went to the flea market on weekends and collected ugly chipped china for tea parties, and thought pseudo-Victorian shit was just awesome.

Difference was, I was 9, and soon grew out of it into a normal person again.

God, wasn't Samantha fierce? That winter outfit with the, like, tartan cape and the sweet white fur hat and muff? So baller.

It looks like she has way too much time on her hands. I doubt that even the wealthy Victorian women she wants to emulate could just sit around having tea in the fod or whatever, since they had, you know, houses to run.

Since her homemaking duties are lighter because her children are grown, wouldn't she be better off, as a Christian, volunteering or something?

This. I was just going to say that getting excited over a long period of heavy fog is like getting excited over a heavy snowfall - you might do it when it happens for the first time in a year, but unless you are a child with no responsibilities or an adult with too much time on your hands, it gets old quickly. When I was a kid, I am sure I was not alone in waking up several times on a snowy night to see if there was going to be enough for a snow day. My mom, on the other hand, hoped there would not be one because she would have to arrange childcare, etc. I don't have kids, but now as an adult I get annoyed with heavy snow because unless it is catastrophically heavy, work doesn't get cancelled in my neck of the woods. I imagine that a morning fog so heavy that I couldn't get to campus to teach in time would also make me pissed off, not in the mood to celebrate. But if I were stuck at home all day and didn't have pressing duties, I probably wouldn't mind so much. (Or, to be more accurate, I would be so depressed to be stuck at home with nothing to do for the rest of my life, bad weather might cheer me up because I would not be the only one thus stuck, at least for one day.)

Lady Lydia creeps me out so much because there is so much that is incredibly childish about her, as others have said. I also loved pseudo-Victorian stuff as a little girl and pined for a Samantha doll. Luckily I grew up and developed other interests. But here is a lady my dad's age who is still writing about making special dresses and tea parties for random weather events. Does anyone remember the post she wrote a few years ago about carrying teacups and books around the house in a basket? How did she raise kids and counsel adult women when she has the mindset of a 7-y/o? Even the Christian modesty stuff seems more a product of an obsessive attachment to a particular time period, which the religion simply reinforces.

Thats interesting. So what I thought was black is actually the yellow & the greyish stripes not have been black?

Yes. I know I have seen a website that shows how different colors look, but I can't find it now.

Okay, I admit it. I love Victorian stuff. But I love the real stuff- like the blue transferware stoneware that I have, or the old mirror covered with old medicine labels, or my old iron bed frame. Not the cheap looking faux Victorian stuff that you find on ll's blog or in the Victoria magazine.

My all time favorite pinkness was spraying the little pumpkins pink and slathering them with glitter.

I remember this, I had to take several weeks off from her blog after this one sent me into semi color blindness. And I too admit liking the Victorian stuff when I was young, but I was healed in my twenties.

So I keep hearing it sung in my head as "now bring us some figgy pudding, now bring it right here!" :lol:

I assumed that was her intended "joke" -- parodying We Wish You A Merry Christmas.

Here, Lady Lydia, a video just for you (although you really don't deserve someone as lovely as Fred):

ek1KFID0gSc

Archived