IGNORED

Has Lady Lydia has lost it completely?

Convicted Blossom

Thank fuck for clean air legislation. Otherwise we might still be breathing in other people's morals.

:lol:

Rules were in the air? I just.....wow.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta go, you guys. I have to pack up and move out of Partner's house until we can discreetly get married. Lady Lydia's daughter says so. :roll:

I gotta go, you guys. I have to pack up and move out of Partner's house until we can discreetly get married. Lady Lydia's daughter says so. :roll:

Yes but then you become a born again virgin and you can wear a white wedding gown and you can have a big church wedding and just everything like that. No discreet wedding for you, the rules will be rewritten just for you.

How lucky can you get. :lol:

A fog celebration sounds like something I would do with my small kids if we were really bored.

formergothardite, you'll be needing a special fog dress, some fog tea, fog greeting cards and a checklist of uplifting activities for that.

Also--what is it with Lady Lydia always needing to be uplifted? The rest of the fundie bloggers seem big on it as well. Is that that without feminism, women are downtrodden and thus need uplifting? Sorry, I know. Too much self-awareness required for that one.

If I did any of the things LL does, my husband would think I have lost it.

"Honey, you're sitting outside in heavy fog by yourself drinking tea, are you okay?"

He would not want to join me for blueberry tea.

There's a lot of moisture and fog in the air outside today. All the moisture is making my knuckles swell and hurt. I'm not feeling like tea.

The Bride should not wear white (no matter what the new experts say it symbolizes now, it meant purity and still does in most people's minds).

White now is suggested to symbolize the happiness of the bride now rather than the state of her virginity. If I remember correctly blue used to symbolize the color of purity before white became popular.

The state of someone's "purity" is nobody's business so kindly keep your rules off my and everyone else's bodies.

A fog celebration sounds like something I would do with my small kids if we were really bored.

The majority of what this woman does should be done with kids. Those horrible crafts she does are suited for small children.

I always get a kick out of her dollar store buys. She fancies herself a Victorian lady of privilege, yet fails to see that if she were in fact living in that time she would be lower class. Also, how would she even shop for anything with no Dollar Tree around. :lol:

This is the same "lady" who was bashing Katrina victims for not dressing in a ladylike fashion while evacuating from a massive hurricane, right? Or am I thinking of someone else? If that's the case, any break from her previous personality might be a step up :?

yes, same one slickcat, although I believe she scrubbed that post. She is also fond of waxing poetic about the charmed lives of slaves. I think, in her mind, Aunt Jemima makes dinner for Uncle Ben while he works out in the fields for his benevolent master.

Just typing that out has made me feel queasy.

I too, find the dollar store ephemera and the glorification of the upper class victorians particularly incompatible. LL seems to have read some critiques of her on this basis, as for awhile she kept posting romanticised paintings of "peasant" women still in the sorts of dresses she likes. She seemed to think pastoral scenes with fat milk maids in clean aprons is some how representative of a past she would like to return to.

The majority of what this woman does should be done with kids. Those horrible crafts she does are suited for small children.

I always get a kick out of her dollar store buys. She fancies herself a Victorian lady of privilege, yet fails to see that if she were in fact living in that time she would be lower class. Also, how would she even shop for anything with no Dollar Tree around. :lol:

I like doing crafts myself. But making my own bias tape when it's so cheap to buy, what's the point?

I like doing crafts myself. But making my own bias tape when it's so cheap to buy, what's the point?

I make my own when I want it to match, same for piping, but it is mainly for reproduction clothes. I still thought her tutorial was odd.

I make my own when I want it to match, same for piping, but it is mainly for reproduction clothes. I still thought her tutorial was odd.

Lady Lydia has always been a kook, but I'm almost wondering if she's suffering from some type of early onset dementia? This fog tea stuff is NUTS. I am so bummed that she no longer posts pictures of her outfits. Does anybody else remember when she made herself a coat out of white polar fleece? It looked like she was rocking a bathrobe.

Oh, LadyAmyLynn! The polar fleece coat! You just had me in stitches remembering that thing.

I thought the tutorial was odd as well, particularly as I don't see much call for DIY matching bias tape on most of LL's creations--the storebought would do just fine. But then I'm a clothing snob. My mom handmade and smocked a lot of clothes when I was younger and as a teen/now I'm a little obsessed with clothing history so I try to be generous about other people's attempts at clothing themselves as I've been very spoiled. I worked at a large, chain company fabric store in high school and I was the youngest employee by about 30 years. I saw some interesting projects working there, but never anything the likes of lady lydias creations. Glitterized pink pumpkin anyone?

So, I've never visited this website before this morning, I went and looked at several months worth of posts and basically all the posts I read fell into two categories:

1.) "Look, I had a tea party today!"

2.) "Look, I bought this at the Dollar Tree!"

Is this accurate? If so, this woman is more boring than the Maxwells!

So, I've never visited this website before this morning, I went and looked at several months worth of posts and basically all the posts I read fell into two categories:

1.) "Look, I had a tea party today!"

2.) "Look, I bought this at the Dollar Tree!"

Is this accurate? If so, this woman is more boring than the Maxwells!

She seems really big on Dollar Tree, it's mentioned about every other post. I haven't been to one. Is it that different than Dollar General and Dollar Store? I have a Dollar Store behind my apt so I but TP, dish soap, and detergent there since it is cheaper and means I don't have to drive 30 miles to Walmart, which I'm boycotting. I did buy one photo frame there but it fell apart so I think I'll be sticking to better frames.

She seems really big on Dollar Tree, it's mentioned about every other post. I haven't been to one. Is it that different than Dollar General and Dollar Store? I have a Dollar Store behind my apt so I but TP, dish soap, and detergent there since it is cheaper and means I don't have to drive 30 miles to Walmart, which I'm boycotting. I did buy one photo frame there but it fell apart so I think I'll be sticking to better frames.

Dollar Tree is just your standard Dollar Store, nothing special. Which makes her obsession with it all the crazier!

My grandmother is fairly big on the Dollar Tree, although she doesn't pontificate about its attributes quite so much. I suspect it is because it reminds her of woolworths/five and dime/general stores. You also tend to find random things in them that are very old fashioned that you'd have to go out of your way to find in other stores--although the quality is rarely great. However, I do have to say I appreciate my stock of stationery that I get for Christmas every year!

Re your list--sounds pretty accurate, although she used to write "articles" that were aimed at helping women to come home or helping to uplift them or whatever. She seems to have cut back on that quite a bit--not sure if this is because the overtly racist/classist tone in many of them garnered criticism, or if she is, indeed possessed of failing faculties.Either way, she seems to be sticking to crafts, reposting pictures of posters of famous paintings (she's an affiliate at allposters) and making the odd thinly veiled comment about politics/feminism or other worldly evils.

Somewhere in one of the forums, someone posted a picture of her Christmas tree all done up in pink. The great lady leader of the housekeepers had missed a giant cobweb above the tree. Too bad she didn't have a pink extendible duster in her housekeeping basket.

I found the coat! It's a Christmas Miracle!ladiesagainstfeminism.com/artman/publish/Lady_Lydia_Speaks_2/Feminine_Dress_Winter_Sewing_768100768.shtml

Edited to fix link

Edited by Pixydust to break link

I found the coat! It's a Christmas Miracle!

ladiesagainstfeminism.com/artman/publish/Lady_Lydia_Speaks_2/Feminine_Dress_Winter_Sewing_768100768.shtml

Edited to fix link

It looks like a comfy bathrobe, not a coat. Even here in the bitter cold north woods people would wonder why you're wearing a bathrobe outside.

I like cloaks, and still have my nursing cloak from nursing school. They are great for warmth.

Edited by Pixydust to break link

I'm actually wondering if she's suffering from depression or the onset of illness. She seems to spend a lot of time alone, rather miserably pottering round drinking tea. It's not a very fulfilling life. Also, I don't really like to speculate, but if you look at the way she's cut those strips for the bias binding, they are really ragged and frayed. Either she doesn't have sharp scissors, or she has a very shaky hand. Illness?

I'm actually wondering if she's suffering from depression or the onset of illness. She seems to spend a lot of time alone, rather miserably pottering round drinking tea. It's not a very fulfilling life. Also, I don't really like to speculate, but if you look at the way she's cut those strips for the bias binding, they are really ragged and frayed. Either she doesn't have sharp scissors, or she has a very shaky hand. Illness?

You may be right, but if you dig further back into her blog, most of her crafts are really poorly done.

My favorite thing about LL is the paintings she posts of actually nice-looking clothes before she posts whatever fugly bullshit she made. I can almost hear the womp-womp trombone.

Archived