IGNORED

Has Lady Lydia has lost it completely?

Convicted Blossom

For a couple of weeks Lady Lydia homeliving.blogspot.com has been fog bound but she is indomitable! What does one do when one is fog bound? Why one makes afternoon tea, buys crap from the local dollar store, sews more crap for the house just as one (she) does in every season of the year.

The woman is the proverbial scratched record, over and over again she writes what she has written a thousand times before, then she comments on it under the guise of responding to comments.

The Fog Series has posts for all your fog needs:

* Pleasant things for the home

* Cinnamon apple spice tea

* Foggy afternoon tea

* Extra foggy afternoon tea

* Fog lifter afternoon tea

* Foggy morning tea

* Extra foggy morning tea and a sewing tutorial

* White fog tea

Serious cabin fever appears to be setting in homeliving.blogspot.com./2013/02/white-fog-tea.html

Since there has been more interest in fog as something special (like the first snow or rain) I believe there will soon be foggy-day cards, and tea celebrations everywhere.

I believe fog is an untapped source of celebration. There are all kinds of customs for spring, summer, autumn and winter, and yet fog has been neglected. Fog goes very well with the shabby-chic decor, especially things that are white. Other colors are a great compliment and contrast to the whiteness of fog. I'm sewing something to wear in the fog, too, just as I've sewn special summer dresses to wear for picnics or summer celebrations.

Edited by pixydust to fix link.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Lady Lydia has lost it completely?

Yes.

Since there has been more interest in fog as something special (like the first snow or rain) I believe there will soon be foggy-day cards, and tea celebrations everywhere.

Errr.... yeah, sure :roll:

Even the pink seems a little foggy.

I believe she may have killed the guy in the Pasas painting with all the drivel and/or tea.

Yeah, she's out there.

Um, Fog, okay.

If she is fogbound, how is she getting out to get these things. Oh, yeah, fog usually only happens for a few hours in the morning. (from somebody who grew up where it can be so foggy in the morning that there are accidents so bad that they have to close a stretch of highway for days, and don't identify all the victims for months.)

ETA- in the valley in California, there are days you can't see the house on the other side of your driveway, much less headlights on a "distant highway."

With the left over breakfast food, I created this blog-food. Blog food is the food that is used to create pictures for your blog. After it is all over there will be people with their hands out asking, "May I have the blog food today?"

I'm concerned for her: she's gone off into Cartman's tea party territory.

The fog doesn't even look very thick in her photos.

Walking through fog is fun, if you are like me & start imagining you are in a magical fantasy world. Does that make me like Lady Loopy?

I worked out why she likes the fog so much.

The 70s BBC adaptations of Jane Austen novels usually had 'fog' outside the windows. When the female characters were played to be meeker & had tizzier hair.

I'd just like to admonish you all that when discussing lady lydia's tea, the appropriate verb is not drink, but take. Lady Lydia would never do something as uncouth as drinking tea. Oh, no. :lol:

I'd just like to admonish you all that when discussing lady lydia's tea, the appropriate verb is not drink, but take. Lady Lydia would never do something as uncouth as drinking tea. Oh, no. :lol:

I don't think anybody has said 'take tea' in seriousness for 100 years. The people who she is imitating never existed/don't exist anymore/maybe there is one ancient lady in the Cotswolds who still 'takes tea' surrounded by her 900 muddy irish setters?

How old is she? About 10? What bizarre writing.

The scary part Nell is that she is probably in her mid-fifties, the same as me.

Even more fog witterings have been posted: homeliving.blogspot. com

With the blueberry tea we are having foggy pudding. It is made with layers of cake (using a nut-bread recipe minus the nuts), custard (I made tapioca pudding for the custard) topped with fog cream. The cake, custard and cream were all flavored with almond extract. There is no recipe for foggy pudding. It is whatever the hostess wants it to be and can be made of any combination of foods. Fog cream is whipped cream dusted with almond flour (ground almonds) and there is no official recipe for that, either. These fog recipes and menus are all experimental and I am trying to make them compliment the fog as well as create special memories.

One day the shabby-chic industry will capitalize on fog, as it should. Then someone will write a book called "Fog-Chic," because so many things look like fog and could be included in special books and magazines.

Edited by pixydust to fix link

The scary part Nell is that she is probably in her mid-fifties, the same as me.

Even more fog witterings have been posted: http://homeliving .blogspot. com

I read that about the foggy pudding. I just cannot fathom she is an adult. I figured she was a SAHD. I need to return to her blog. Is she a mother? I wonder if her husband drinks? I would if I were married to her.

She is a mother. Her daughter also has a blog, I believe it is something along the lines of the pleasant times. Her husband is a pastor and I suspect he spends a lot of time away from home. LL has also self-published a book called "Just breathing the air" about growing up in Alaska. I think she fancies herself Laura Ingells Wilder-Nouveau Victorian Lady Lydia advice giver to all of the ladies who want to come home. She used to write for Ladies Against Feminism and was Anna T's mentor for awhile. Her tendrils run deep.

Does she think her style is shabby chic? :lol: Because its more 'Grannys Front Room Chic'

I'm so sick of people calling anything 'frilly' shabby chic, its not!! rachelashwellshabbychic.blogspot.com/

I don't care for shabby chic very much. I have a friend who's really into it and it's just too much sensory overload for me.

resume.com/ladylydia

She's actually had quite an interesting life and has done some different kinds of things, like working on her father's fishing boat in Alaska. So the question I always wonder is what happened to change her ideas that women should be at home and not work outside the home?

Edited by pixydust to break link

She's actually had quite an interesting life and has done some different kinds of things, like working on her father's fishing boat in Alaska. So the question I always wonder is what happened to change her ideas that women should be at home and not work outside the home?

I think for families that fish it's kind of just... what you do. She would have been working ~for the good of the family~, not for her personal fulfillment or wishes/needs. I worked for a pretty traditional family on a fishing boat in Alaska (very religious, seven or eight kids, no birth control - well, the religion situation was actually fairly complicated because the dad had just had a faith crisis and given up on God for some reason I can't really remember, which was obviously a huge strain on the family). But while the dad was very reluctant to hire women to work on the boats (I got in because I knew someone who had worked for him and begged for a few years running), the daughters and the wife worked. The kids were given a small percentage of the profit-share and were supposed to buy their own school clothes and whatever else they wanted (with, I think, a small beginning of school stipend).

I found the daughter's blog. Uffda, the apple did not fall far from the tree.

In case any of you living in sin are interested this is what she has to say:

There are certain rules to life that used to be just floating around in the air we breathed. Unfortunately, due to climate change, these rules are no longer present in large quantities in the air, and have been so diminished and diluted that society will have to start issuing them in print as a reminder. Here is one of the most neglected rules, appertaining to the purity and sacredness of marriage:

Rule #1

Men and Women should Not live together before Marriage.

This used to be called living in sin.

Rule #1a A couple who are living in sin should be gently corrected by their families and friends.

Rule #1b

An unrepentant couple who are living together before marriage should not:

Plan large, far-off in the future weddings, but should get married as quickly as possible.

Ask people to buy them wedding gifts, since they have already set up housekeeping together.

The Bride should not wear white (no matter what the new experts say it symbolizes now, it meant purity and still does in most people's minds).

Rule #1c

Couples that listen to correction, repent, and live chastely apart until the wedding may have Rule #1b amended.

Interesting comment about the white dress. Apparently the newest thing is to wear any color. I saw wedding photos the other day where the bride's dress was bright red. I was surprised but I guess it's probably more practical as you can wear the dress for other events.

In most people's minds, white no longer means bridal purity. Pregnant brides have worn white without anyone getting offended. When you think about it, whether or not a woman is a virgin is no one's business and it is pretty sick that people would care.

If someone came up to me and tried to 'correct' me for living with a man, I'd tell them to get bent. Seriously, what is it with fundies being nosey? I'm pretty nosey but I keep my opinion to myself.

I just had a vision of Lady Lydia on Pinterest "gently correcting" countless fantasy wedding boards.

I don't think anybody has said 'take tea' in seriousness for 100 years. The people who she is imitating never existed/don't exist anymore/maybe there is one ancient lady in the Cotswolds who still 'takes tea' surrounded by her 900 muddy irish setters?

:shock: So you've met my Mum then?? ;)

I found the daughter's blog. Uffda, the apple did not fall far from the tree.

In case any of you living in sin are interested this is what she has to say:

Interesting comment about the white dress. Apparently the newest thing is to wear any color. I saw wedding photos the other day where the bride's dress was bright red. I was surprised but I guess it's probably more practical as you can wear the dress for other events.

Thank fuck for clean air legislation. Otherwise we might still be breathing in other people's morals.

Archived