IGNORED

Being Human (UK) series 5

duplessis3

Oh shit! I completely forgot about this. I blitzed through the first three seasons a few months back and forgot it was, y'know... still happening :P

Time for another good TV binge to play catch-up

Okay, bear with me because I seriously cried when I heard..this is BH's last season. And I AM SO BUMMED. I look forward to the new series every year, I watch each series multiple times, I fucking embroder pillows with quotes from it. It is going to leave a terrible gap of just sheer personal pleasure in my life. I don't have a lot of those (whch is not to say I am not self indulgent...) and I'm starting my period. It is a perfect shitstorm. No more Hal! No more Tom! Oh Tom, I'll miss you...fuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up...because someone else ess watches it...do you watch the videos on BBC3 website? This week's was especially hilarious

Trying - I'm in the US so I'm waiting for it to be uploaded. I can't wait.

:( Oh well, patience is a virtue.

I'm a fan of this show. I'll probably wait to watch series 5 on BBC America. I'm watching season 3 of the US version and I have to admit that I do like that some things were changed.

Guest Anonymous
Anyone seen the latest episode? Episode 3 "Pie and Prejudice"?

I did watch 'Pie and Prejudice', and I have to say...

...I really don't think Lady Mary was that bad. Yes, she invaded other people's privacy, but the ghosts in Being Human do that all the time (Remember Annie and Mitchell's threesome with the random drunk girl?). I really don't think Mary was as irredeemably insane as the other characters made her out to be. I mean, the supposedly reformed vampires usually kill someone every other week but Mary is beyond help because she knocks people over?! What?! I thought Lady Mary was really funny and she was fundamentally right about Hal.

I did watch 'Pie and Prejudice', and I have to say...

...I really don't think Lady Mary was that bad. Yes, she invaded other people's privacy, but the ghosts in Being Human do that all the time (Remember Annie and Mitchell's threesome with the random drunk girl?). I really don't think Mary was as irredeemably insane as the other characters made her out to be. I mean, the supposedly reformed vampires usually kill someone every other week but Mary is beyond help because she knocks people over?! What?! I thought Lady Mary was really funny and she was fundamentally right about Hal.

I agree with you, because

They made Lady Mary look worse than she was. They made her out to be hysterical, and a bit daft for sticking around for 200 years, because she thought that she was doing something good. By ignoring the doors, she sacrificed an awful lot, and then got put straight by the new ghost in town, Alex. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

I dont think

that Alex should have been as strong as Lady Mary. And to make out Lady Mary as crazy because she was reading minds - Annie did the same. I kept thinking "Wow, Alex is awfully young...." Lady Mary had to spend most of her time alone except for one visit a year from Hal!

I did like the development of Hal and Tom's relationship a lot, as well as how freaking needy ghosts are. It helped me understand Annie better. And I loved

Hal going off the rails and killing Larry for being an asshole. Leo was !right - Hal shouldn't be allowed in regular society. Did Larry think he could stay at Honolulu Heights through bullying because that is how he spent much of his life? I was grateful that we saw what an ass he was before transformation so that we knew he always was a jerk, and had been fired for things before his first transformation.

I have another question regarding the first episode and also a hope how I think things will go

oLady Catherine led a pack of werewolves, right? For the spell to work, she had to be a leader....so could McNair have been correct that there is a pack somewhere....a werewolf family for Tom? That is what I am hoping.

• 2 weeks later...

holy shit episode 5. This season is wrecking me, and I can't stand that the next episode is the last one.

Do you think Harry (i.e. bad Hal) is the one that will rise and the crap from series 4 will happen? And just don't piss off a Scottish ghost...

Archived