IGNORED

Gil & Kally Bates: 25th anniversary-A dream come true

0 kids n not countin

for brief moment, i was hoping it was still a leper colony and they might become infected. then, as per the norm, they will have a new illness to contaminate the duggars with when they visit.

the show could be renamed "19 kids and counting backwards' as everybody starts losing body parts.

Um....that's actually kind of disgusting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gil looks like an idiot wearing those '90s pleated pants and dress shoes on the beach. Even David Waller wore board shorts on the beach in Australia.

The ATI guys always wear those horrible pleated pants. I can't help but notice that while the girl's behinds are always draped in layers of denim, the boys' are quite prominently set off. Hmmm.... :lol:

They always do pick horrible colors to match in. Maybe they pick bright ones so that they will stand out and people will notice them? I think they like drawing attention.

Or because that's what's on super sale at walmart. There really aren't that many outfits in the same color in many sizes at the thrift store. But why do they have to match on vacation? It isn't like they are trying to keep track of eleventy-billion kids on Molokai. Why can't they just be in complimenting colors? Way less hard on the eyes.

Had to roll my eyes when they made sure to point out they were drinking juice, not wine. And it looks like he wore those pleated pants everywhere.

Had to roll my eyes when they made sure to point out they were drinking juice, not wine. And it looks like he wore those pleated pants everywhere.

Heaven forbid a Gothard man wears (gasp) pants without pleats and takes a sip of wine (something that Jesus drank back in the day).

I am a bit peeved that G&K can take a vacation/re-honeymoon worth $25K, but didn't consider using that money to pay for health insurance. Glad to see that the TLC money went to something the family needed. :evil:

Serious, serious doubts that trip was worth $25,000. I'm not even sure it was worth $5,000.

Oh, well thank goodness Gil and Kelly cleared it up in their post they were just drinking juice. That had me so worried. Because we all know drinking a glass of wine at dinner equates to eternal damnation in the lake of fire. :lol:

for brief moment, i was hoping it was still a leper colony and they might become infected. then, as per the norm, they will have a new illness to contaminate the duggars with when they visit.

the show could be renamed "19 kids and counting backwards' as everybody starts losing body parts.

:lol: :lol: I'd actually start watching again if the Duggars started losing fingers and ears and noses. What would Michelle do if Jim Bob's penis fell off?

:lol: :lol: I'd actually start watching again if the Duggars started losing fingers and ears and noses. What would Michelle do if Jim Bob's penis fell off?

:pray:

( :lol: Somehow I derailed in my mind from leprosy to zombie flick. I would definitely watch that. Duggarocalypse? 28 Duggars later?)

Reading those posts really annoyed me. I'm from Hawaii (Oahu) and haven't been back in nearly four years, since I have been going through the immigration process in Australia and by the time I was allowed to travel out of Australia, I was six months pregnant and had PIH so couldn't travel. We are finally going back late this year, but I have been insanely homesick for these past few years, and the idea of backward, fundie Gil and Kelly Bates enjoying the place I love and miss so deeply really gets on my nerves. I just know that with their narrow world view, they didn't appreciate it fully. They think the gods my ancestors worshipped are demons, they think the hula is of the devil, I doubt they have the palates to appreciate our food, etc.. It also annoys me that they know somebody who is willing to hook them up like that (I also didn't know that we had ATI members in Hawaii. Shocking!). I was born and raised there, but nobody I know (who isn't crazy/toxic) would put us up in their home or fly us from island to island. We are going to be paying for our own accommodation. Sour grapes, I know, but it still bugs me.

Anyway, not sure how long they stayed, but if it was two weeks or less, 25k does sound exorbitant, especially since I can't imagine them doing much shopping or wining and dining. It's pretty easy to rack up a 20k+ vacation in Hawaii, though, if you're staying at really nice hotels, doing lots of activities (especially helicopter rides), eating at expensive restaurants and doing lots of shopping, and staying for a few weeks. We have budgeted somewhere in that ballpark for three weeks, but that will include eating out a lot and ton of shopping (I seriously am sick of the lack of choice in Australian shops and the cost of goods here, so I'm going crazy when I get home). But from what they seemed to want to do, and from what I assume to be their standard for accommodation/cars/flights, I think they probably would have been looking at something around 5k. I think they have no real idea what things like travel cost, so they threw out a random number and wanted to make their "savings" sound as impressive as possible.

P.S.: It's funny that they didn't even know how to spell Elijah's surname initially. But I see that they changed it on their blog.

What happened to thriftiness? $1200 can buy the kids some new shoes. I am happy for them but maybe a closer trip would be more economical.

Isn't Molokai a former leper colony?

My parents went to Molokai last year and loved it. One of our family friends is from there and she recommended it because it's less crowded than other islands.

Archived