IGNORED

Kate Gosselin. New blog gig.

OkToBeTakei

Kate's blog is terrible! She uses an exclamation point every other sentence! Like a tween wrote it!

I never followed the show, just tuned in a few times. All the whining and squabbling was not fun to watch. I have enough of that in my own house. From what little I did see, Jon seemed like an enormous sloth who did everything he could to escape caring for those kids. Kate had to parent him as well, which is not pretty to watch but probably less pretty to live with.

Not to mention he is the one who did the cheating (with the nanny?), hanging out with Michael Lohan, thinking he was way hot. Ick.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what little I did see, Jon seemed like an enormous sloth who did everything he could to escape caring for those kids.

I have my issues with Jon but he actually did much more hands-on parenting than Kate did. He was the one who got the kids ready in the morning and at night, on top of working (before he quit/got himself fired), while Kate slept in until 9 or 10 am each morning.

Every time I hear this woman mentioned, I can't help but think of her poor little boy (Colin I think?) heartbroken and in tears because she threatened to throw away his favorite stuffed animal because he got gum on it. He was 3 at the time I think, and I believe it was Cara who was trying to talk Kate out of throwing it away. I watched the show off and on up until that point. That was when I truly began to hate her.

I have my issues with Jon but he actually did much more hands-on parenting than Kate did. He was the one who got the kids ready in the morning and at night, on top of working (before he quit/got himself fired), while Kate slept in until 9 or 10 am each morning.

Yeah, I remember that first special where before he went to work he got up, took care of all the kid, made Kate her coffee and brought it to her while she was in bed and then whenever she felt like it she would get up and let the kids get out of the cribs. While Jon is far from perfect, I think he probably is a better parent than Kate. But then, feral cats are better parents than Kate.

She purposefully got pregnant with the sextuplets. It's like she planned a trainwreck from the beginning. And now her tweens will be teased forever with youtube videos of their younger selves.

What I don't get is why she continues with the twitter/blog thing. There is some serious full time haters on there. Is she that much of a rubber ball that it does not get to her? How she can also ever watch the final season of the show is beyond me. I cringe and I am not even her!

She certainly hung herself and TLC totally let it happen. I wonder if she is still tied to them in some way as she never says anything bad about them. One of those kids will for sure write a tell all.

Every time I hear this woman mentioned, I can't help but think of her poor little boy (Colin I think?) heartbroken and in tears because she threatened to throw away his favorite stuffed animal because he got gum on it. He was 3 at the time I think, and I believe it was Cara who was trying to talk Kate out of throwing it away. I watched the show off and on up until that point. That was when I truly began to hate her.

I remember that episode. That was awful :(

Oh, wow, I thought I was the only one who thought of that every time I hear her name. I didn't have kids then, but I thought that was just heartless. Now that I have kids I know that was just evil. I just wish she'd go away and accept that nobody wants to be bothered with her. I'm kind of embarrassed for her. She's like the drunk chick at the party that is sloppy and still drinking cause she thinks it makes her look cool. Not the best analogy, but the best I could come up with quickly.

eta I'm on CafeMom and I just will not even check her out. I don't know if by clicking on her page I would make it look like she has a "following". Also, I kind of think I might go off on her and that would make me feel bad about myself. Trying to be kinder in 2013. It's hard for a grouch like me :D

Or EVERY time they had ice-cream she would go apeshit in case ZOMG they got any on their clothes.

And she berated the woman who was nice enough to watch her six three-year-olds for the entire day for free because the woman (Jamie?) made the monumental error of giving the kids gum. She didn't let them drink Drano, she didn't let them run out in the street, she didn't leave them in the house alone for hours. She gave them gum.

Granted, three-year-olds probably shouldn't have gum, because they are going to get it stuck places, but why was it always the end of the world if the kids got something on their clothes? Plus - teddy bears are usually washable. Use some peanut butter to get the gum off him and put him in the washing machine. Big whoop. :roll:

Wow, I think I had blocked that out. That was probably one of the saddest things I've ever seen on TV, and that's saying something. I don't know how anyone could do that to a kid. What I always remember from that show was when they were carving pumpkins in the garage and Kate was freaking out about the mess and made them stop the activity and clean up early.

Oh, wow, I thought I was the only one who thought of that every time I hear her name. I didn't have kids then, but I thought that was just heartless. Now that I have kids I know that was just evil. I just wish she'd go away and accept that nobody wants to be bothered with her. I'm kind of embarrassed for her. She's like the drunk chick at the party that is sloppy and still drinking cause she thinks it makes her look cool. Not the best analogy, but the best I could come up with quickly.

eta I'm on CafeMom and I just will not even check her out. I don't know if by clicking on her page I would make it look like she has a "following". Also, I kind of think I might go off on her and that would make me feel bad about myself. Trying to be kinder in 2013. It's hard for a grouch like me :D

My oldest son is just a couple of months younger than the sextuplets, so seeing that hit me pretty hard. I've make plenty of mistakes as a parent but I have never (nor would I ever) treated my children so horribly. I just wanted to hug that poor boy and fix his toy for him (after bitch-slapping his pos mother).

And she berated the woman who was nice enough to watch her six three-year-olds for the entire day for free because the woman (Jamie?) made the monumental error of giving the kids gum. She didn't let them drink Drano, she didn't let them run out in the street, she didn't leave them in the house alone for hours. She gave them gum.

Granted, three-year-olds probably shouldn't have gum, because they are going to get it stuck places, but why was it always the end of the world if the kids got something on their clothes? Plus - teddy bears are usually washable. Use some peanut butter to get the gum off him and put him in the washing machine. Big whoop. :roll:

But that would require the use of actual parenting skills.

I cant believe someone who has 8 kids would be that obsessed with the kids being clean. Kids get dirty, it happens and it is expected. She has enough money to buy new clothes for them if they destroy them, but generally things like food and dirt wash out. If you want a child that never gets dirty, buy a doll.

Does Jon still see the kids? Does he live near? I always thought he was the better parent of the two but nothing to write home about.

IIRC, it was actually her brother's wife (Aunt Jody, I think) I kinda love Aunt Jody. She and Kate's brother were some of the first people to speak out to try and get the law about filming child reality stars changed to protect the kids (a lot of people think they've covered under the same laws as regular child actors but they're not)

I also find it so amusing that in one of the episodes (possibly the episode with the gum) when Jody was babysitting all the Gosseline kids plus her own three or four kids, they kept cutting between footage of Kate not-so-subtlety throwing digs in at Jody about how much trouble she'll have watching the kids (because Kate always complains that it's such n ungodly about of work) and footage of Jody saying that it was a little tough but not all that hard. I'm a fan of anyone who undercuts Kate's bullshit.

Actually it was her sister-in-law Jodi, who was watching the sextuplets along with her own four children. She watched them a couple of times a week because Kate couldn't handle it. When the production company wanted to start paying Jodi for her time and effort, Kate went ballistic and axed her brother and his family from their lives and the show.

Mady was the one who spoke up for Colin during gumgate. For all the awful stuff that has been written about that poor child on the internet, she should at least get credit for standing up to her mother and speaking out for her brother.

The worst part of this entire fiasco is that all Kate cared about was the inconvenience it caused her because of the increased laundry, except here's the kicker... she wasn't doing any laundry. They had a team of helpers in that house before the babies ever came home and there were two "Nanas" that came to wash, fold and put away their clothes.

I still can't get over how she made her sick (vomiting) son, Joel, lay on the hard laundry room floor with nothing more than a thin blanket because she didn't want to have to wash anything. When Jon came home he picked Joel up off the floor and put him back in bed. Who does that?

This woman needs to go very far away. Her fifteen minutes were about three hours ago.

I cant believe someone who has 8 kids would be that obsessed with the kids being clean. Kids get dirty, it happens and it is expected. She has enough money to buy new clothes for them if they destroy them, but generally things like food and dirt wash out. If you want a child that never gets dirty, buy a doll.

It's commonly thought she's so anal about messes because she sells those (donated) clothes back to consignment shops. She originally tried to play it off as some OCD issue about germs and/or messes (refusing to allow the family to go barefoot in a rental ski cottage while on vacation) but that was later shown to be, surprise surprise, a lie (either that or she later recovered enough to go walking around barefoot on the streets of New York City and a gas station parking lot)

Oh g-d she is even worse then I thought. I can't believe she did that to her kids!! Apparently when she had the sextuplets she demanded help right away. She got help & the family who had septuplets had 24 hour help The only family that I know of had sextuplets & did not get much help from the outside public were the Diliey family in Indiana. The Diliey family got donations & stuff but I think the septuplets & the Gosslins got more.

I forgot about poor Joel on the laundry room floor. I remember watching that episode and the only coherent response was WTF? When my kids had stomach viruses like that I would just give them some sort of small bucket in case they couldn't make it to the bathroom. If they missed, sheets went to the washer and new sheets put on the bed. Not a big deal at all. If I remember right she also hired (and fired shortly after) a cleaning lady around that time, didn't she?

Kate was photographed spanking one of the tups awhile back. So she at least definitely spanks.

She allegedly hits them with a spoon that she keeps in the van. You can see photographic evidence of this spoon if you Google. I forget the details, but I am sure if you Google it there will be a lot of discussion.

The Kate-to-Khate episode for me was the one in which they go furniture shopping. One of the boys was constipated, in some pain, and wanted his mother (a nurse!), but Khate waved him away to peruse her bunk bed catalog. She told Jon to take the boy out to the van, where Jon proceeded to disimpact him with a plastic bag. The camera's view was blocked, but the audio wasn't.

I have read that when the tups were born, Khate's father (a pastor) and his church gave the Gosselins six cribs. Khate refused them because the cribs weren't new and matching.

I despise the Gosselins.

I forgot about poor Joel on the laundry room floor. I remember watching that episode and the only coherent response was WTF? When my kids had stomach viruses like that I would just give them some sort of small bucket in case they couldn't make it to the bathroom. If they missed, sheets went to the washer and new sheets put on the bed. Not a big deal at all. If I remember right she also hired (and fired shortly after) a cleaning lady around that time, didn't she?

I don't want to derail the thread, but I know a woman who makes her children sleep in the bathroom when they are sick. On the floor. I have no idea if it's on a pallet of some sort or just on the bathmat, but they still sleep in the effing bathroom. I hoped it was just Kate that did horrible crap like that, but clearly I was wrong.

Also, yes, I think it was around that time that Kate fired the cleaning woman. I remember her going around the house, checking everything after she left. She was pissed that the poor woman didn't pick up a laundry hamper and vacuum under it. I was under the impression that the woman was only there for a limited amount of time and could only get so much done in that time, but it wasn't good enough for Kate.

Wow, I think I had blocked that out. That was probably one of the saddest things I've ever seen on TV, and that's saying something. I don't know how anyone could do that to a kid. What I always remember from that show was when they were carving pumpkins in the garage and Kate was freaking out about the mess and made them stop the activity and clean up early.

In that tell all book that got pulled, Kate does NOT like Colin. He is the child that gets on her nerves. She wrote about wanting to beat the Cr*p out of him. She was afriad she would hurt him badly. There were several enteries she had rage towards him. She has her favorite, Hannie, and Colin was at the bottom, very very sad. She used physical punishments for sure, not just the wooden sppon that she carried in her back pocket.

It makes me sick that she got pregnant with 6 (she was hoping for 7-8) on purpose, Jon was duped, He knew the possiblity of 2-3 but she tricked even the doctor. Kate had an obbession with the McCulghly (sp) 7 and she even names 2 of her kids after them. She had a plan and Jon and Jon's father's wallet were just part of her plan.

Archived