IGNORED

Kate Gosselin. New blog gig.

OkToBeTakei

thestir.cafemom.com/column/adventures_with_my_8

The comments are the best bit :D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, four comments in and someone called her a fame whore. I dont know enough about Kate to have an opinion about her, but damn that's harsh.

Wow, four comments in and someone called her a fame whore. I dont know enough about Kate to have an opinion about her, but damn that's harsh.

Well, Kate is a fame chaser and will do anything, including selling her children, to get it. I could write a novel about my dislike of her and how she has mistreated her children.

Nah, I'd say it's pretty spot on, frankly.

What is "the stir" all about? You would have thought that they would have seen what happened with coupon cabin and run the other way.

In a stroke of unusual luck, a longtime family friend was visiting and is the “you name it, he can build it†sort. He's not an official professional builder, but I knew he could offer some pointers. So, we signed him up to help.

We had three days to build and my job was to shop for the correct brand and type of pasta (oh yeah, I researched online “the strongest brand of pastaâ€) and glue. I also dug out my dusty glue gun and got it ready to fire up! Cara came up with a plan for the base of the bridge and our builder friend helped devise the best support system. Together they sat and built ... and built ... and built. It took more than four hours to complete and I kept the coffee coming!

Oh, so you mean a friend who is able to do your daughters project for her just HAPPENED to pop by for 3 days?

I realized as I guarded our entry and became secretly annoyed at the “rule breakers,†along with some other parents, that it was the parents who took this contest much more seriously than the kids, who were happily moving up and down the school hallways, hanging out with their friends -- oblivious to their disgruntled parents.

Oh, you mean unlike the rule breakers that have an adult build the bridge for her? Kind of like, I dont know, YOU???

The entire process was more fun than I had expected. It was great to interact with the other parents, to see the many interpretations of the bridge building guidelines, and to realize in the end that there were three different sets of guidelines for three different age groups. No one had “cheated†after all! We had been such silly parents!

Oh, right, of course! Since you ALL cheated then lets just throw the rules out instead of disqualifying everyone! Silly Kate!

So is she still trying to be in the spotlight? (I don't know much about the Gosselins, haven't really watched that many of their shows.) Does anyone know what the story with Jon Gosselin is these days?

I just read her 01/31 blog entry. Honestly, it just came across like another example of Kate passing on her parental responsibilities because she cannot be bothered. This was a project that was meant for parent and child, not some friend that happens to know a lot about construction.

I have no idea why any site would want this woman blogging on their site. Frankly, Kate is not a good person, and she sure as hell is not a good parent. Yep, that might be harsh, but her actions have lead me to believe she sucks.

I have no idea why any site would want this woman blogging on their site. Frankly, Kate is not a good person, and she sure as hell is not a good parent. Yep, that might be harsh, but her actions have lead me to believe she sucks.

Agree with you!! I can't stand Kate and I am not the biggest fan of Jon either, I feel so bad for their kids!!

The vibe I got from the entry was that this was the first project she's ever done with her kids. She's seems to be marveling at the thought of actually being asked to be a part of her child's education.

For a long time I was on a blog that covered the whole Gosselin dark underbelly.

Kate is definitely a fame whore and more than likely has NPD. She was abusive towards Jon for a long time and that, combined with his meek personality, meant that he stood by/helped while his kids were exploited.

The only people I feel sorry for are those children.

Just from reading through the first few pages of comments, it looks like the general consensus is she's a lousy, fame-whoring parent. We'll see how long this gig lasts.

I just read her 01/31 blog entry. Honestly, it just came across like another example of Kate passing on her parental responsibilities because she cannot be bothered. This was a project that was meant for parent and child, not some friend that happens to know a lot about construction.

Furthermore, she's not a very good writer. With all of the talented freelancing writers needing work you'd think The Stir could have hired one of them. Instead, they hired one of the least liked reality stars of all time whose writing talent is marginal at best.

I don't think Kate is a good writer on her own. She's very amateurish and overall she only has one primary subject of conversation - Kate, Kate, Kate. She has a secondary topic of I have eight, count them, eight children. She gets boring very quickly. She thinks things like using a double breadmaker to make bread is a huge noteworthy accomplishment. She also has trouble with factual truth.

I hate to think she's still getting any notice and I'm kind of surprised she was offered this job as the same site commented on her dismissal from Coupon Cabin.

I don't think Kate is a good writer on her own. She's very amateurish and overall she only has one primary subject of conversation - Kate, Kate, Kate. She has a secondary topic of I have eight, count them, eight children. She gets boring very quickly. She thinks things like using a double breadmaker to make bread is a huge noteworthy accomplishment. She also has trouble with factual truth.

I hate to think she's still getting any notice and I'm kind of surprised she was offered this job as the same site commented on her dismissal from Coupon Cabin.

Why was she dismissed from Coupon Cabin? I missed that.

Agree with you!! I can't stand Kate and I am not the biggest fan of Jon either, I feel so bad for their kids!!

I, too, feel bad for the children. I am sure they will really appreciate reading and seeing endless clips of how their parents have been acting like complete assholes and using them for the sake of money all over the Internet. It is pretty obvious that Kate only cares about winning at all cost, and she does not care if her winning hurts her kids.

A few weeks back I could not sleep for crap. I was up channel surfing and came across the show "My Life is a Lifetime Movie." Hailey Glassman was talking about her time with Jon. Now, I have no idea if what she says about Jon is 100% accurate, but if it is, he is as manipulative as Kate. I do think Kate treated Jon poorly, but I also do not think Jon has clean hands either in all this mess. Kate treating Jon poorly does not excuse him from treating his kids like a sideshow. He, too, used this situation for monetary gain.

Kate can cram all her coupons up her ass for all I care.

Furthermore, she's not a very good writer. With all of the talented freelancing writers needing work you'd think The Stir could have hired one of them. Instead, they hired one of the least liked reality stars of all time whose writing talent is marginal at best.

I agree. Kate is not a good writer. The only subject she likes to focus on is herself. She has yet to figure out all her writing does is make it known to the audience exactly what a self absorbed turd she really is.

thestir.cafemom.com/column/adventures_with_my_8

The comments are the best bit :D

Of topic but do you have a chicken fetish :lol:

The official posted reasoning for Kate being dismissed from Coupon Cabin was a bit vague about not fitting with their culture or something like that. I believe it had to do with her demands and her weekly posts having virtually no couponing content. Toward the end it looked like someone at Coupon Cabin was editing her posts by fixing the atrocious grammar and inserting coupon info and links.

For a long time I was on a blog that covered the whole Gosselin dark underbelly.

Kate is definitely a fame whore and more than likely has NPD. She was abusive towards Jon for a long time and that, combined with his meek personality, meant that he stood by/helped while his kids were exploited.

What was the blog?

Ouch, she really can't write worth a damn. :shock:

But I have to laugh - down at the bottom of the entry, before the comments, is a section called "Extra Sugar" which leads you to different articles. Here are some of the titles:

More from The Stir

Kate Gosselin Spends $2,000 on Hair -- Can You Tell?

A Kate Gosselin Cruise Sounds Like a Vacation From Hell

hahahaha!! :lol:

I followed a couple of those blogs for a while but didn't really post on any. I was mostly interested in the PA Child Labor Law amendments so when the show stopped filming and legislation was obviously going to pass I stopped reading. What some of those Gosselin bloggers, pro and con, get up to makes FJ's recent upheaval look like a game of tiddlywinks in comparison!

But a quick google brought up the letter that fired Kate. Ouch. She was not "authentic."

couponcabin.com/blog/kate-gosselin-couponcabin/

I followed a couple of those blogs for a while but didn't really post on any. I was mostly interested in the PA Child Labor Law amendments so when the show stopped filming and legislation was obviously going to pass I stopped reading. What some of those Gosselin bloggers, pro and con, get up to makes FJ's recent upheaval look like a game of tiddlywinks in comparison!

But a quick google brought up the letter that fired Kate. Ouch. She was not "authentic."

couponcabin.com/blog/kate-gosselin-couponcabin/

Yeah, I stopped because the main one I was involved with had an admin was a huge fan of Sarah Palin. Right around the time there was a crossover between Kate+8 and whatever Palin's abortion of a show was called, the admin posted a bunch of "Sarah Palin is such a good mother" crap that I found gag-worthy. Couldn't really get into after that.

I did do some lurking during the dustup about Kate posting the inappropriate pictures of Mady in her high heels but that was mostly to figure out what the hell was going on (I'd just heard in passing that Kate had done something else fucked up and I wanted to know what she'd done this time)

Ah, yes. I know that blog. It was one of the more reasonable ones, but the Palin worship was gagworthy.

She is a horrible writer. She should really hire someone to write these things for her and maybe then she would come off as less self-absorbed.

Archived