IGNORED

New Laws Regarding Abortion in NC

xDreamerx

And with the whole transvaginal ultrasound thing - all other issues aside (like the fact that the clinic has to buy an expensive ultrasound machine, hire an expensive trained technician, get women in for an appointment for an invasive and unneeded and expensive and not covered by insurance procedure before they can "qualify" to make their own goddamned choice about their own goddamned reproductive system) -

Early pregnancy ultrasounds do not look like babies. They look like fuzzy grey blobs. If you're lucky, you can see this wacky flickering that's the heartbeat.

I wanted all my pregnancies. And I have to say that in every first and even early second trimester ultrasounds, I looked at that screen and said "What the hell is THAT?!"

The forced birth crowd knows that. They KNOW what an early ultrasound looks like. They don't think anyone is going to change their mind about abortion after they see an ultrasound. But it's another roadblock, another expense, more time off work, another trip to the clinic, more money the clinic has to spend, etc. and THAT is what they're all about. Not saving the preshus baybees - otherwise they'd be willing to feed, house, clothe and provide medical care to low-income women who choose to parent.

Archived