IGNORED

Stephen Hammer's Sermon

MissBitters

Ha! At this point that is like shutting the stable door after the horses have bolted. It looks like a lot of her site has been cached on Google as well as the mentions on FJ. If it is being done for political reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually requests the Alexander family site be locked down or deleted.

I bet it's all on the Wayback Machine too. AFAIK, there is no way to delete your stuff from Wayback if you posted it on a domain controlled by someone else (in this case blogspot.com).

Edit: Meh, never mind. Looks like robots.txt blocked Wayback from archiving the site!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good comments. For right now, Meredith is probably fine for Stephen if his immediate goal is to climb up through the officer corps in the Army. Whether or not she'll continue to shine as he goes through law school & then into practice and maybe a judgeship is less certain.

Re: bolded portion - and if Meredith herself doesn't turn people off imagine what any amount of exposure to Timmy, Joy & the family will do... :shock:

True that. I actually think the Alexander Adventures site is way scarier than Meredith's blog was.

I just noticed her blog is locked too! I wonder if she is blogging again?

She's been blogging this wole time, just not under the Strive to Serve. She has a blog called "The Hammer Family: an unusual union" than some of my IL's circle have on their blogroll. Wish I could read it, but alas! It is private. :(

Guest Anonymous

I'm not at all surprised she kept up a private blog; blogging was a big part of her life and she was moving far away from everyone she knew, almost immediately after marriage. It also makes sense to reflect and start afresh once your circumstances change and especially at a point where your life involves a new partner and a child. Many of us here at Free Jinger have re-thought how much we want to share about our personal lives, given that anything we write here is 'owned' and out of our editorial control, and none of us use our real names here. I don't blame them one bit for closing everything down.

That said, I still think the route by which they 'met' was pretty darn creepy and I am concerned for their future.

• 1 month later...

Annnddd she's pregnant with number 2! Her facebook page shows baby Margaret holding a sonogram picture of her new sibling. Not sure when her due date is. I know she had a really rough pregnancy with Margaret so I hope she won't be as sick with baby number two.

It may not sound romantic, but some driven people do plan their futures out like they plan their careers. I don't think Stephen is different in that regard. What's questionable for me is his pick of a sheltered, fundie SAHD girl out of all the eligible women he could more easily get.

The reasons are numerous. It could be Stephen's ego. A submissive women would dedicate herself to him.

A virgin would not question his shortcomings in the sack.

With how the tea baggers are trying to strip away woman's rights, and how the fundies breed like bunnies, they hope that those evil feminist women are a thing of the past by the time he sets his sights on high political office.

I don't think Hammer believes that will happen. In fact, I suspect he sees Meredith as an asset precisely because she is intelligent but unschooled in anything but the 'feminine arts.' Dinner parties at their place would likely be warmer occasions than among other politicos.

Meredith could set up her own ministry as America's Titus 2 woman even as her husband aims for the senate - an act that could actually help his campaign, drawing votes from evangelical women who admire Meredith even if they know for a fact they would never emulate her.

That doesn't mean more woman will drop out of the workforce and stay home, any more than an inexplicable public love for the Duggars - though it's fading now - led fans to have a dozen kids of their own. It's the illusion people want; the pageantry.

Meredith could help her husband put on one hell of a political show.

I don't think Hammer believes that will happen. In fact, I suspect he sees Meredith as an asset precisely because she is intelligent but unschooled in anything but the 'feminine arts.' Dinner parties at their place would likely be warmer occasions than among other politicos.

Meredith could set up her own ministry as America's Titus 2 woman even as her husband aims for the senate - an act that could actually help his campaign, drawing votes from evangelical women who admire Meredith even if they know for a fact they would never emulate her.

That doesn't mean more woman will drop out of the workforce and stay home, any more than an inexplicable public love for the Duggars - though it's fading now - led fans to have a dozen kids of their own. It's the illusion people want; the pageantry.

Meredith could help her husband put on one hell of a political show.

I realized my best friend knows Meredith when she happened to post something on Facebook that showed up on my feed (they're on the same military base). I was so surprised to see ol' Meredith's name! My friend was shocked that Meredith used to keep a blog, and said she was EXTREMELY shy and pretty awkward. She said she doesn't come across as terribly bright or interesting, either. I thought it was kind of interesting.

Has your friend met Stephen yet, MortonFan? It would be interesting to hear her take on him and/or how Meredith and Stephen interact as a married couple.

Annnddd she's pregnant with number 2! Her facebook page shows baby Margaret holding a sonogram picture of her new sibling. Not sure when her due date is. I know she had a really rough pregnancy with Margaret so I hope she won't be as sick with baby number two.

Jeansonly reported this in the beginning of March, so she's probably several months now. Fundies move fast!

Has your friend met Stephen yet, MortonFan? It would be interesting to hear her take on him and/or how Meredith and Stephen interact as a married couple.

She had only been in group settings with him, and had only made very small chit chat. She didn't know he had been a Rhodes scholar. So, she doesn't know him very well obviously. I will ask her more when we talk again this week. I was so shocked!

Archived