IGNORED

The Duggar Homes

homeschoolmomma1

Can someone clarify the chronology for their homes - I thought that they'd sold their original home and had to move into a rental that was slated for demo before the TTH was finally finished. Which house did Michelle have her laundry "breakdown" in?

They certainly have enough room and a long enough growing season that they could pull off tomatoes (natural sauce for that chickenetti!), potatoes, cukes (pickles!) etc. Like others I kill houseplants regularly, but have had successful gardens.

Heating of the house - I would have thought they`d have forced air gas or oil but I`m not sure what`s common in that area.

I remember when they had the big ice storm a few years ago (and the Bates family came to cut all the downed tree limbs/trees) they had some big wood burning furnace thing outside. They claim they use the wood from their property to heat their house. Somehow, I don't see how they would have enough wood on their land to heat their house all the time. They used to have information on their website about this and now I can't find it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They claim they use the wood from their property to heat their house. Somehow, I don't see how they would have enough wood on their land to heat their house all the time. They used to have information on their website about this and now I can't find it.

Thats because the real source of heating is powered by children on giant hamster wheels.

I need to watch the specials again. Sadly- I actually like the specials. It's when they became a regular weekly program I went nuts lol. Actually, you can see the changes after Jenny was born. They were looking more mainstream or may be when Johannah was born. All in all it was more specials that made them look like they always dressed ‘semi-normal’

That's so ridiculous. I learned more about gardening in public school. I consider it tragic that boys their age don't know how to at least plant seeds.

I don't see how they can keep up a garden when they're always off on various trips, vacations, and political rallies.

They'll still have a houseful of kids at retirement age, especially if they have a bunch of unmarried SAHD's. I think originally they envisioned their kids all building houses on the compound, and probably assumed that the "big house" would be the central gathering place/church, or would be home for one of their kids and their giant family. So far, only one of the SEVEN adult children has been launched into his own life, so that plan of a Duggar Compound may be only a pipe dream.

snip

I don't remember what special, but they do talk about the future plans in one of them. It was mentioned they bought 20 acres, so that each child could get an acre and build their own home on it. I wonder if Josh is saving for that, since Anna will be having more kids.

I wonder if maybe that's why some of the girls are having trouble finding a suitor?

I don't remember what special, but they do talk about the future plans in one of them. It was mentioned they bought 20 acres, so that each child could get an acre and build their own home on it. I wonder if Josh is saving for that, since Anna will be having more kids.

I wonder if maybe that's why some of the girls are having trouble finding a suitor?

I think it was in the first or second special. Or the moving in one. Interesting that they put up a gate now around the house. Soon there will be a big wall and it will be like the FLDS hmmm...

Is that possible to do there? I know that here, you cannot have more than one house on a lot, due to sanitation and such. Did they buy multiple lots?

Is that possible to do there? I know that here, you cannot have more than one house on a lot, due to sanitation and such. Did they buy multiple lots?

Must be okay because Jim Bob said it himself

I remember this, too. JB said there is enough land around the TTH for the J'Slaves to build houses. It will turn out to be a big Duggar cult compound.... or a bigger cult compound than it already is now.

Okay so let me get this straight Michelle had her laundry meltdown when she only had five kids.....pussy. I have five kids and the sheer amounts of laundry I have to do a week have not reduced me to any sort of meltdown yet. In fact in the warmer months I actually hang my laundry out to dry.

Okay so let me get this straight Michelle had her laundry meltdown when she only had five kids.....pussy. I have five kids and the sheer amounts of laundry I have to do a week have not reduced me to any sort of meltdown yet. In fact in the warmer months I actually hang my laundry out to dry.

You forget that J'Shelle is lazy and the J'Slaves were all too small to hang laundry outside for her when she had her meltdown. Even now with all their land and J'Slaves who could hang out laundry, they'd rather use their 4 huge dryers... I think they have 4 dryers.

Archived