IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

A couple of years ago I watched a Duggar episode and immediately felt like there was something weird and creepy about them. So I did an internet search on are Duggar's in a cult, that lead me here to FJ. I started reading about the Duggars and then started reading about all the other families and found it very interesting. I didn't become a member for years, but I think I've read about 75% of the post on this site. I decided to become a member when Jill was having her baby not sure why lol. Anyway this is my first time posting. I thought this would be a non-scary way to start. :embarrassed:

• Upvote 1

Hi everybody! :greetings-waveyellow: Thrilled your'e here!

FarmerAnnie, we all have that one weird thing that finally loops us in. For me, it was a Maxwell conference in my area :lol:

Hmm, let's see. I have lurked here on and off for a while, usually after googling something Duggar related and clicked my way here. Years back, I was convinced it would be Jinger who would throw them for a loop when she had her teenage rebellion phase. I'm still disappointed that she ended up fully indoctrinated.

About a year or so ago, I was googling to see if the Internets thought one of the J kids was autistic or in the spectrum. I feel sort of evil even saying that, so I won't say which J although I have to think it must be obvious? UGH, so evil. I just wondered that if this particular J was in the spectrum, how the Duggars would deal with that because it doesn't seem like it's even acknowledged at all... which, for me, begged the question if they willfully ignore it because they perceive this child as less than perfect? Anyways, I somehow ended up here again and read through some delightful snark yet again (but no Duggar autism related observations, to my sort of evil self disappointment).

I then wandered off again as I am prone to do. Then Josh-gate happened and holy shit, I was a googling fiend and I naturally checked here right off the bat for the latest news because I knew you'd all have it. You totally did and I loved it. Joshley Madison was the final straw and I decided to create an account and here we are.

I admit that I am actually pretty disappointed that the show was cancelled. I still have the last episode saved on my TiVo because man, I really did love watching that train wreck and the slow evolution of Michelle's bangs, crafting Modest first responders skirts (there's no way you can Modestly do chest compressions, god I laughed so hard at that), Michelle's expression of misery/jealousy every time Anna had a baby, Jim-Bob's creepy behavior at his daughter's weddings and so on.

I had no idea I was so Duggar obsessed until now, writing this post. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

A few years ago I googled something about the Duggars that seemed off to me and through my reading free jinger was mentioned. I immediately came to the site and I haven't left. I registered at that point but never posted so I think my account was deleted. So I registered again and honest to God I am on here all damn day. I'm only throwing that out there so y'all know I didn't just pop up a couple of months ago.

I have fallen through so many holes that I stay in one discussion just reading for days and days.

I have family that is pentacostal and another side that I have no clue how to even describe them. I live in Louisiana where we mostly have catholics, baptist and Methodists. So I only encounter fundies when I'm out drinking on Bourbon St and they are trying to save my soul. Now I can ask them if they know any of these people the next time I see them.

Free Jinger has opened my eyes to an entirely different world. I have become so angry and sickened with some of the things I have read. I am simply amazed at the way people just blindly follow and believe all of these crazy pastors and preachers. Of course I failed an intro to bible course that was mandatory when I was in college because I kept asking the dreaded question all Baptist preachers try to avoid. Why. He would give us a passage or verse to read and then he was kind enough to interpret it for us ignorant folks. I would then start to break down how it could be interpreted in other ways. And then I really earned my F by saying that the bible was basically folklore and was stories told down for generations and eventually someone wrote it down. Obviously he didn't agree with me. And I'm aware that it's a bit more complicated than that but I was young and enjoying myself by messing with him. He couldn't understand that I wouldn't take something he said on blind faith. We then had a week based on what faith meant. (I was on a military base and it was the only college offering classes).

I have wanted to join in quite a few discussions but to be honest it's a little intimidating around here. So I will keep lurking and jumping down my rabbit holes until I'm a bit more comfortable. I'm doing my best to stay away from the meat squatter lady and I'm only tip toeing into the Pearls and Anderson lady.

Back to lurking....

Somehow, about two or three years ago, a Duggar show came across my radar, and I was horribly fascinated! Liked 'em \ Hated 'em at the same time I couldn't stop binge watching till I was all caught up. The little hairs on the back of my neck started to raise around the time Smugs began courting Anna, and the mini golf episode with JimBoob and J'chelle sent me googling, "19 kids and snark" because I was desperate to find other people to share these judgey thoughts with that I was having. And lo, Free Jinger was there! Been lurking about a year and a half, just activated a profile (finally!!) For Joshgate. :cracking-up:

I wish I could remember where I saw the reference--in the comments at No Longer Quivering, maybe? I've been lurking and occasionally reading for a couple of years, but the revelations of abuse earlier this year have led me to read weekly if not daily. I'm no longer as impressed with a lot of journalistic "scoops" that I know really started here! :D

Oh, and in finding FJ, I have fallen down a complete rabbit hole of fundies. My chores and work have never suffered more!

Ha! So true! Let's not even talk about student quiz grading! *guilty*

Hi !

I learned about the Duggar many years ago. Even here, they could be a huge matter of discussion. I was interested on them even I felt there was something wrong with them. I had met parents with a lot of children (eight or more) and they were far more balanced than everything I had ever read on the Duggars. I read about FJ after the first Josh scandal. The forum was quoted on a paper on Internet (don't remember which) and I began to come here and read everything I could. That is fascinating.

I first found FJ a few years ago when I was bedridden for two months. To combat boredom I was watching all sorts of tv reality shows, from masterchef to 19 kids and anything in between. When I googled to find out more about the Duggars weird beliefs, I found FJ. I lurked and read for a time without joining, but after I got well again, forgot all about it.

Then, at the beginning of last year, I forget exactly how, I learned that one of the daughters was "courting" so I googled them again and refound FJ. I lurked untill the great Dilly Dally watch and finally decided to join then. I haven't posted much since and still stick to lurking most of the time, but I really enjoy all the snark and great finds everyone does here!

Have watched the Duggars since the very first special & just. can't, turn. away. Mostly watched "in the closet" and never knew others felt as I did until I googled and found this site. I was raised Catholic but am now atheist. Am equally fascinated by many other repressive type religions.

I really have been a long-time lurker but never joined in because I felt like the kid in band who was trying to eat lunch at the cool table. People are very quick and witty here. Mostly, I will probably just continue to enjoy the funny.

(I really was in band.)

Last year, I got sucked into Duggardom, I guess from all the publicity they were getting. I knew something was up, so I went searching for anything I could find on their beliefs and I kept seeing FJ pop up in searches and references. I finally came here and lurked a while, totally enthralled with all the info here. My dad says my motto is "if anything is worth doing, it's worth overdoing" and I'd say that's correct. Once I latch onto something, I don't stop until I know everything. I've spent months reading about almost all the families here and am just now starting to dip my toe in the water and add some of my thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello FJers.....been lurking for about 3 months after the whole Josh scandal came out and initially just wanted to get an idea of other people's opinions and thoughts on the issue. I was reading the opinions/comments to a people article and one of the posters mentioned this website and how you guys had more details/history on the family.

I've only caught glimpses of the Duggars show over the years (I don't watch reality tv....it kills brain cells :mrgreen: ). They've always rubbed me the wrong way because I've personally found that religiously fanatical people are 9 times out of 10 hypocrites and it turns my stomach to watch them.

I want to thank FJ for introducing me to the seven sisters, the arndts, the bates, sparkling lauren and the hellish rabbit hole otherwise known as Jill & Rodrigues family :shifty-kitty: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

Some other site linked a post from FJ when the Josh Duggar molestation scandal broke

Another site I used to go on a lot mentioned FJ. Then when the first scandal broke I tried to look up the blueprints/layout of the TTH to see where the girls' bedroom is located (weird I know). And somehow I ended up here and recalled that other site mentioning FJ.

Then I saw all the boards and got sucked into this.

My spouse and I watched the early Duggar specials and when they got a regular show, we watched that too without knowing anything about their system of beliefs. Just thought the kids were cute and it was interesting to watch them shop for so much food at a time. I became uncomfortable with a lot of things about the show as time went on and one evening I Googled "Duggars" and found FJ. Have lurked for awhile and enjoy the discussions here so I recently joined just in case I found myself with something to say. Mostly, I just lurk and read. :geek:

I have always found religion to be really interesting, especially extreme religions. I first found FJ reading about the Brown family, and again after Polygamy USA came out. I registered because I got the sense I was missing something.

I have trouble remembering which happened first but, was brought here by Duggar, Mckmama, and/or CFHusband and have stayed for all of the fun. Lately it's been ThatWife, since I live in the same area as her. :wink-kitty:

I want to say that I had been watching their (Duggar) specials-turned-tv-show with mouth agape. Then later on I moved to a new city and met a new neighbor who happened to be funie-lite. Something just struck me off about my encounter with her, so as any curious person would, I googled and googled and it led me here where I continued to read until my eyes bled (in a good way). I registered because I think there was something that I was going to say but decided not to for some unknown reason (I'm horribly shy). So I've basically just been reading and lurking and really enjoying everything this site has to offer!

edited to specify who I was watching

I found out about the Duggars after the whole Ashley Madison scandal, ended up looking into who they are because the whole thing sounded completely insane. You guys seem to talk about just about everything and it seems like a fun place to hang around (been lurking for a few weeks). The reason I finally decided to join? I'm currently recovering from having my tonsils removed so am stuck at home and need something to do to amuse myself so I've been looking back over old threads to learn more about you guys :)

• 5 weeks later...

Watched the show for a long time, been reading here for awhile. I used to say I loved this family but I think I was naive. I knew something off the wall (ex. Josh drama)would eventually happen. I enjoy reading here.

Edited by Mlissmartin
  • Upvote 1

Some other site linked a post from FJ when the Josh Duggar molestation scandal broke

I had blocked Lisa Pennington out of my mind but actually her daughter's birth certificate was the first story I followed on FJ.

Reading some online news article about the Josh molestation scandal. As I was scrolling the comments someone posted a link to FJ. 

I don't even own a TV so had only seen the Duggar on TV a few times. I knew very little about them before all the scandals broke out. But the few times I saw them I wasn't buying what they were selling. I could see a lot of hypocrisy and inconsistencies in what they said and did in the little bit I did watch...something just didn't pass the smell test for me.