IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

Really? Kelly? I would have figured it was Miss Raquel ;)

:lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here to gawk at fundie Christians who indoctrinate their children.

I'm also waiting (and will be waiting for years to come) for Joy or one of the younger kids to write a scathing tell-all memoir about growing up Duggar.

Don't remember where I saw the first reference, but came in a roundabout way through ex-fundy and "recovering from spiritual abuse" type sites. I've been lurking off and on for some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to lurk on TWOP a long time ago. I kind off fell out of internet stalking the Duggars then one day I decided to Google the phrase Free Jinger and this website came up. I was so excited. I've been lurking here since April and decided I had to join in on conversing about how fundie life is crazy. It's like a car accident, you don't want to look but it's compelling :popcorn2: .

I am an admin on Facebook's Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Cult Survivors and their supporters. We discuss the Duggars often, because its just so infuriating and triggering to many in the group.

It wasn't until I came here that I realized that Kelly Crawford was the hateful bitch who said mean things to and about my cousins who live near Kelly. That was after she called a tornado that destroyed her home, killed, and injured people in her area a blessing.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered the Duggars a few years ago (when they had an article about them in one of my countries newspapers) and recently watched a few episodes about them on youtube.

I have to say I was simply appalled and was wondering if I'm the only one who thinks that the parents should be charged with child neglect. Since many people seem to think that they are an awesome family, or even role models :pink-shock: :angry-banghead: .

But as it seems, I'm not the only one who thinks they are harmful and really bad parents.

My parents drank the ATI kool-aid for a while but ended up being more fundie-lite. I was really fascinated with the Duggars because a bunch of (weird and creepy) ATI memories came back when I watched the show. I found FJ quite a while back, probably just looking into some of the Duggar hypocrisy. Recently started posting. :cracking-up:

Like many have posted, I found my way here because of the Duggars. I have heard of them off and on for years but never paid too much attention. Then we found their 10 seasons on Netflix and started watching.

At first I was fascinated and agreeing with much of what they were saying but as the episodes went on I became less and less of a fan. I had heard of their buddy system but never realized how fully the older sisters were caring for the younger siblings. I'm now at the point of wondering does Michelle ever do anything other than be pregnant or try to get pregnant? I'm appalled at the events subsequent to Josie's birth.

I myself homeschooled my oldest child and was involved, in a loose way, with some of these Duggar ATI fundie types. It is all just food for thought for me, somehow because my youngest child is entering high school and how I am rearing her. And my other two kids.

I just want to talk about some of the things I've discovered, have been lurking here a few weeks or so, and this seems like a good place to have good discussion.

More specifically, I wish I could tell you the website but I had started googling for various Duggars or ATI or other related things and somewhere I saw that "Free Jinger" had been started. So I googled for you and here I am!

I've been lurking FJ since the old forums. I was introduced to the Duggars when I was a high school kid living in a charismatic Christian household. I was fascinated by the duck line of children, and I was hooked once 17KAC started.

I'm constantly fed up with the patriarchal BS, which is really the basis of all my complaints about the show, but I'm STILL WATCHING, dammit.

• 2 weeks later...

I googled something about the Duggars. Which led me to reading about the IFB. Then I went on to the horrors of Hepzibah House. And, well, here I am :)

I've been aware of the Duggars' show since it started... didn't watch it regularly at first... caught a few of the early (pre-Josie) episodes. At the time, I thought they were kooky, but still a respectable family with loving parents.

A month or so ago, a friend watched all of the episode on Netflix, which led me to do the same a couple weeks ago. This got me started looking into their crazy beliefs. I landed on an old blog about the show (run by a Jew, even. Wasn't a hater of the show, or a fan, really) and someone mentioned this forum in comments. So here I am!

My respect for the family is almost nonexistent, and I'm just starting to branch into looking into similar families/beliefs. And I looooooove snark. Idk how much I'll be posting, but I've been lurking for a lil over a week so I figured I'd make an account just in case. :D

I'd heard about FJ on NLQ, but hadn't ventured over. I hadn't figured out that Vyckie is...well, Vyckie. And then I started noticing that a lot of the new stories were starting to sound the same, a lot of them were abandoned halfway in, and then the Razing Ruth shit grenade happened. I took a break from fundie blogs for a while.

Then, a few weeks ago, I noticed that the Truth About Ruth blog had been scrubbed and remembered that I'd heard about FJ. And discovered that, as is typical (and as I expected), y'all aren't terrible people who are bullying everyone. I've been catching up.

• 4 weeks later...

I got sucked into Emily and Dna back in the day! That lead me to here. I lurked A LOT. Then I started school and stuff and fell away from reading here. I came back to read here last November...and I finally joined :)

I don't remember when or where but I saw a link on a web page once. It was back on the old site though. So it was many years ago. I've shamelessly lurked since.

I was in college and learned there was such a thing as anti-feminism. :wtf: A bit of Googling and I found LadiesAgainstFeminism, which introduced me to the Botkins, who became my gateway fundies. Googling on the Botkins led me to FreeJinger. Now there is a whole list of fundies I follow.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an episode of the Duggars and it seemed like Jim Bob chose Jill ' s now husband. I wondered what religion they were, and Google brought me here. I have been lurking for a while and thought I'd make an account even though I doubt I'll post much.

Many moons ago (2010) I was reading at Sybermoms about Emily...that lead me here somehow and I started reading off and on.

I miss the special level of crazy that was Emily.

For several years as a child, I attended a pretty fundie IFB church/school not because my parents were into it, but because my birthday was a few days past the state deadline to enroll in public school and I had already completed preschool. My parents eventually wised up after one-too many incidents involving culottes or talking about abortion in Sunday school or something, and pulled me out. But I've always felt like those formative years spent there affected me in some way, and caused me to look at life and religion a little differently than most of my friends.

Since I tend to side-eye any suspiciously strict religion, my ears really perked up when the Duggars got their own show several years ago. They just reminded me SO MUCH of the school, in their dress, the way they talked ("sweet fellowship"), etc etc. It had never really occurred to me before that I wasn't the only person who experienced fundie life, since none of my friends or family were part of it. So a few Google searches later, and here I am! :geek:

I keep watching the Duggars even though they are sickening; however there's something about this show that keeps me coming back for more.

I don't know what... I can't stand them - I googled "Stop the Duggars" and FJ came up in the results.

Now I can complain about them and liked minded people understand. I try to complain about it to my housemates and they just look at me like WTF?

That creepy google app that reads emails and stuff said I would like it here. After lurking a bit, I found it was correct. I recently started watdhing 19 Kids and Counting agwin and was catching up on Google. The next day, Google had a link to here beside my weather report.

I have been here for a long time. I was away for a while and just hooked back up with the site. Now it has become a babysitter of sorts for me since I am going through radiation treatment for Cancer. It will be a lifesaver to read especially when I start Chemo. You all make me laugh, bring out some good points about the Duggars and other fundies and keep everyone up to date on what Americas Favorite Fundie Family is doing. Free Ginger is the best.

I was reading an ancient blog (by a Jewish woman who respected the family, even) and this site and TWOP were mentioned a few times. Of course I had to investigate. This place rocks. I've actually learned quite a few things during my short time here.

I used to watch the Duggars now and then, and hadn't yet figured out what a heinous thing Gothardism is. i'd seen the episode where Zach Bates started courting Sarah Reith, and much later I wondered whatever happened to them. Google offered up both FJ and TWOP; it was pretty much a coin toss where I picked TWOP first, but after a while the over-moderating got to me and I moseyed over here. what a fun place this is!! (this was all in late 2013, so by then, Zach had already hooked up with Whitney.) I started out reading very old posts, so months went by before I got around to registering (ok, that's just a nice way of saying "lurking").

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't followed the Duggers since Josh and Anna got married. When the every episode ever marathon aired on late August I caught a few episodes. After watching 3 or 4 I decided no one was that good and one of those kids had to be partying it up after hours so I went googling some internet dirt. FJ popped up and I was delighted to find other individuals with similar comments on their lIfestyle. I lurked for about a month and decided I wanted to join in the snark