IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

I've always been interested in other cults, or cult-like groups (whatever you'd like to call it), and had passing obsessions with searching for information on the FLDS, WBC, Jim Jones, etc etc.

One day I'd visited my mother for dinner and she wanted to watch the Duggars because they're "such a perfect family" (my mother is hardcore Catholic and raised us as such, and she seriously thinks that the Duggars are the epitome of a perfect family). I honestly thought it was a stupid show, but as I kept watching and kept thinking about it, I started noticing the cult-like smiles and glassy eyes, and the way they try to seem like they're "perfect", and I just got sucked in. Haha.

I got to Free Jinger by googling things like "Duggar abuse", "Duggar cult", "Quiverfull" and "Jinger Duggar city". I used to read articles wherever I could find them until I got here about a year ago and started lurking.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been lurking on GOMI for 3 years or so and I've had an account there for a couple years. Finally after browsing the semi-non-existent Fundie threads, I saw people referencing FreeJinger. Then I lurked here for a while.

I was looking something about the Duggars up on Google a couple of years ago. I found the yuku board and started reading. For awhile FJ would just be something that I would do to entertain myself at work or during some down time but then I started reading some of the fundie blogs. Been hooked ever since.

• 1 month later...

I came to FJ through DWOP and to there from GWOP. I love reading DWOP but there is not a lot of posting that goes on between 19 & Counting seasons. I also had my hand slapped over there a couple of times for wandering off topic and for using examples from my personal life. There are no hard feelings, I just like the action here better.

• 1 month later...

The Sparkling Narcissist and her lice-ridden brood brought me here.

Hellena and Currawong made me want to join. They are AWESOME.

The Sparkling Narcissist and her lice-ridden brood brought me here.

Hellena and Currawong made me want to join. They are AWESOME.

Oh if only Lauren would return to obsessive blogging.......

Hellena's blog is public again, if you didn't already know and are prepared to wade through her oh so deep word stew.

Oh if only Lauren would return to obsessive blogging.......

Hellena's blog is public again, if you didn't already know and are prepared to wade through her oh so deep word stew.

I agree, although while Sparkly makes me want to choke a beesh, Hellena just makes me want to dance about in smelly, woolen, floppy-breasted splendor! :lol:

And, no! I did NOT know Hellena was public again! Off to wallow....... :popcorn2:

I'm sorry to interrupt the flow of discussion on another topic. Just getting my feet wet by saying "Hi" to all.

Two main topics brought me to FJ again and again to read as a guest. The snark about the Duggars, and the changing status of the Bates adult offspring and the snark about them. :)

I registered because I've read quite a few blogs referenced here, and am acutely interested in the recent posts on RecoveringGrace.org.

I thank my lucky stars that I never encountered a person as evil as Bill Gothard seems to be and has been for many decades, IMO.

BTW, my upbringing was as normal as a girl's could be in the 60's, when most parents, including mine, still spanked with Daddy's belt and Mother used switches from ornamental bushes on my bare legs. Other than corporal punishment, I think I was raised by level- headed, mature parents. I have no siblings, and I am married with no children.

I am generally spiritual but not religious in a traditional sense- I haven't been inside a church since I was 19 or so. Just haven't felt the need to have someone tell me what to believe or how to feel.

Thanks for reading, if you did, Ha.

H.H.

I'm sorry to interrupt the flow of discussion on another topic. Just getting my feet wet by saying "Hi" to all.

Two main topics brought me to FJ again and again to read as a guest. The snark about the Duggars, and the changing status of the Bates adult offspring and the snark about them. :)

I registered because I've read quite a few blogs referenced here, and am acutely interested in the recent posts on RecoveringGrace.org.

I thank my lucky stars that I never encountered a person as evil as Bill Gothard seems to be and has been for many decades, IMO.

BTW, my upbringing was as normal as a girl's could be in the 60's, when most parents, including mine, still spanked with Daddy's belt and Mother used switches from ornamental bushes on my bare legs. Other than corporal punishment, I think I was raised by level- headed, mature parents. I have no siblings, and I am married with no children.

I am generally spiritual but not religious in a traditional sense- I haven't been inside a church since I was 19 or so. Just haven't felt the need to have someone tell me what to believe or how to feel.

Thanks for reading, if you did, Ha.

H.H.

No need to apologise - you certainly haven't gone off topic, but even if you did it would be fine. FJ has some pretty major thread drift sometimes, and some really interesting discussion sometimes comes from it.

The recent revelations on Recovering Grace are highly disturbing, I agree. I hope that more people get led here by google as a result and become more aware of the deep ties between the Duggar and Bates families and Gothard.

Thanks for the kind welcome, Lilith. :)

I have a feeling that the IBLP BOD will be forced into the spotlight before long. Gil Bates' name will most likely be linked in MSM when the firestorm finally does break with Gothard and his loyalists. RG isn't going away, they are proving more and more atrocities against young women in Oak Brook. I want to see the old goat taken down. One ruined life is one too many!

• 1 month later...

I actually was trying to remember that the other day, and am not quite sure what brought me to FJ. I remember hearing about it on Jezebel or Slate years ago. Then about a year and a half ago I become interested in modest dressing (not for myself, more the ideology behind it) and started reading up on different religious beliefs about women's clothing. Then I remembered the Bates' clown clothing from their first appearance on 19k&c, which led to checking up on them, which led me here.

What brought me here? TWOP Howard is responsible for me finding FJ... After getting my hand slapped there a few times (boards on boards. Stupid bullshit, everyone was saying the same kind of stuff, but it had to tag me?)I googled "TWOP Howard is a fucking douche" while still angry.

FJ popped right up.

I did make another twop account after my 1st was eventually banned, played it straight (barely posted) and then at the end I was one that let that bitch have it! It felt good to cuss her ass out :)

Suck my ass, Howard you turd!

• 4 weeks later...

Having started with a fascination with the creepy Duggars, I now have a full on obsession with researching everything Fundie. I've been lurking, pretty much everywhere relevant, for many months now. And I have no one to talk to about all the interesting and terrifying things that I'm learning. I've tried. I'm excited to find a community where I can maybe speak up and add to the discussions.

I Really, Really want a Doug Phillips is a Tool t-shirt!

The Duggars, Bateses, and Kelly Crawford. Kelly C's comment about a tornado pissed me off).

I used to be a member on yuku and I left for almost three years because I needed to take time off from the crazies. I actually decided to come back here and make a new account after seeing the previews for the new season of 19KAC. I started catch up on season 7 and realized how unhealthy it was to watch the Duggars without the snark. :P

I came from TWOP, got sucked into lurking with crazy Emily(I so wish she would take up blogging again) and then the Kelly of the Two Chicken Breast brought me out of lurkdom.

I came for TTUAC-bashing, and stayed for the Duggar snark. I was fully immersed in the Koolaid.

• 2 weeks later...
I came from TWOP, got sucked into lurking with crazy Emily(I so wish she would take up blogging again) and then the Kelly of the Two Chicken Breast brought me out of lurkdom.

Really? Kelly? I would have figured it was Miss Raquel ;)