IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

Long story here. My journey against fundism started with the murder of Lydia Schatz. She was an adopted child in a nearby city who was beaten to death by her Michael Pearl following parents. Googling Michael Pearl I learned that the Duggars had in the past posted links to his material. I had only watch one Duggar episode, the one where the howlers were destroying the Little Rock house that someone was kind enough to loan them. I started reading on TWOP then Razing Ruth and finally heard about Free Jinger. Been here for quite a while. The craziness pulls me in.

Like many others before me I had a morbid fascination with the Duggar family. I'd been watching 18 kac and then I saw the 14 kac documentary, and wanted to know what the hell happened in between. Commenters on youtube kept talking about Gothardism so I went on a googlefest that lead me here. Once I got here I lurked for months because this board is far better that keeping up with the Duggars every move than any blog or news site. Being the enthusiast for snark and speculation that I am, I created an account right before the board closed to new members.

The sparkling Lauren saga also kept me pinned to the site for awhile. There was an article in an Australian women's magazine about her shortly after Elijah's death that I read which, even though it was written by a shameless leg humper, left me feeling that something wasn't quite right with that one. Sure enough, I logged onto Freejinger and there was the sparkling adventures thread to confirm what I was thinking.

The sparkling Lauren saga also kept me pinned to the site for awhile. There was an article in an Australian women's magazine about her shortly after Elijah's death that I read which, even though it was written by a shameless leg humper, left me feeling that something wasn't quite right with that one. Sure enough, I logged onto Freejinger and there was the sparkling adventures thread to confirm what I was thinking.

Sparkling Lauren was my special favorite! I miss her craziness now that she's quit blogging.

I found FJ after googling the Duggar Family. I had seen one of their early TV specials, and thought they were SO bizarre. I stumbled upon the board a few years ago, but never joined (can't remember why), then rediscovered FJ earlier this year after being upset with the hate-filled vitriolic stuff that Nathan Lawrenson was posting on Twitter. A quick search on Google to see if anyone else felt the same way led me straight to here! Since then, I've been lurking and just recently worked up the courage to post. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been lurking for a while before (recently) registering....

Googling for "Is the Thinking Housewife really a man?" is what brought me here for the first time though.

Been lurking for a while. I think it was Nathan Lawrenson's twitter that brought me here originally.

Guess I probably qualify as fundie lite, being an evangelical Christian and all. Of course, I'm also pro-choice and think women are just as good at decision making as men, so maybe I'm not too fundie lite.

Had to really think about that one ...

Watched Jon and Kate on cable (as European TLC was rather new then) and then searched more shows on youtube, which recommended one of the Duggars specials ... and that was kinda that - wanted to know more about them and the old board came up first.

And now, I like all the gossip, the drama, the bizzarre world of fundiedom :embarrassed:

I found this site last summer when I googled Venessa Giron. I was pregnant at the time and having a hard time sleeping so I'd spend hours here at night reading everything. I didn't register until the drama happened earlier this year and I could no longer read anything. I checked nearly every day to see if registration was open or the forums were public again. Every day. My husband thought I was crazy, I'm sure.

It took me a while to start to post because I am kind of shy and some of you long time posters are rather intimidating. :D

Me too! Lurking for years and when I couldn't read anymore it killed me. Originally found FJ through the Duggar message board on TLC. Just a lurker there too. (anyone remember Chrislukas? (sp?)) Figured I could use a break though and maybe my obsession with all things fundie would wane.

Once registration was open I thought "What the heck? Let's see what happened." And I got completely sucked in again.

Have to admit to posting here so I can read Chatter and see more behind the scenes of RR drama :)

Yes, I'm trying to access Chatter too! This RR drama has me enthralled.

I can't remember how I found FJ. I started watching the Duggars because I worked in Greenville SC with a disenfranchised Bob Jones grad who trashed it. I googled and somehow wound up here. Crazy is so fascinating. If only it wasn't so harmful to the people involved.

Unfortunately I've had more than a little to do with fundies. This place keeps me sane. I know that other people can see through the facade.

I too found FJ through my morbid fascination with the Duggars (I just couldn't believe that a family that big functioned so well and so perfectly), I lurked for about a year until all the drama happened back in February and I decided to register. I still lurk more than I comment though.

I found Free Jinger through Razing Ruth, which I probably found through TWOP. I came back when I saw Ruth show up on GOMI recently.

I feel like I've lurked here forever. I found it off of TWOP somehow and lurked off and on. Then I got sucked into Emily's blog (Emily & Dna) and started reading here pretty regularly after that. I finally registered this winter after all the reorganization stuff happened so I could keep lurking.

I ended up finding FJ through homeschooling research. I teach my two elementary-aged kiddos at home using (mostly) the classical method proposed by Susan Wise Bauer. SWB has a forum at forums.welltrainedmind.com, and there are quite a few QF/fundies who post there. I had never heard of the Pearls, Vision Forum, etc., until then. A quick google search led me to here :)

My best friend and I serendipitously bonded during college over our mutual fascination with the Duggars. I can't remember if she sent me to FJ or if TWOP did, but either way, this place keeps me entertained!

For me, FJ is 'fundie news central'. I enjoy being pointed in the direction of ideas and subcultures that I had no idea existed.

I'm fascinated by all of it.

While my family wasn't directly involved in fundism, my old town has it's own little inbred offshoot which looking back, scares the crap out of me. I even did my own time trying to be a good little Titus 2 woman/homemaker until my partner laughed his ass off and asked where his real wife went. Oops.

It's much more fun being a heathen. :)

I came from No Longer Quivering and stayed for the Duggars. I have been reading Razing Ruth for years and have been glued to my tablet all evening reading the three threads and catching up. Wow.

I ended up here because of a link posted to the XGay Greg and Dede threads -- it was a more complete backstory, and the whole thing is kind of like a train wreck where you can't bring yourself to look away.

I've also watched the Duggars since their first specials, and I like to keep up on that front.

I'm here because I followed a link posted in a comment on RR's blog after she was outed as a fake and before she scrubbed the blog and lots of its comments.

Same reason - to catch up on the RR saga. I joined so I could participate in the conversation. I used to browse the old board back in the day. I think I originally got here via the TWOP Duggar board.