IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

Back in the day, some people were talking about a "hateful" site. Finally one of my friends told me it was called "freejinger." I checked it out and I was ready to be defensive. But it sucked me in, I kept reading and reading. A lot of things started to make sense. And I was already having doubts. Periodically I would check in. About a year after deciding to leave, I created an account to join the board that helped me see the light. I just went back in my post history to check - looks like the Wissmann thread about Rachel & Alan's wedding was what first got me to post. 

Thank you FJ for everything.
No idea where or who I'd be without stumbling across this site. 

• Love 8

• 2 weeks later...

I was a lurker for around a decade... I think I started when Josie was born? I was a poster on TWoP and then after the Duggar boards were closed I found the Yuku site. I started lurking more after reading about Autumn, then even more during Razing Ruth. I finally created a membership after the Anderson boards were made private, and that was almost two years ago.

• Upvote 2

Someone recommended the forum on YouTube comments, I think it was about either J-rapist or FLDS?? Or maybe a Google search?? In any case, boy was I glad to finally have a proper place to share my thoughts and read upon all of this stuff! I just checked and I joined very close to 3 years ago! Is there a way to find your old posts??

• Upvote 1

I am not actually sure where I first heard the name freejinger, but when I heard it, I thought it was an action plan to literally free Jinger, as in someone in ninja clothes would go to the TTH and steal Jinger away (I thought she had sent a distress message or something), and I kept looking for the event on facebook so I could click "participate" or "maybe", but I couldn't find it. Then I googled it, and found out it was a forum, and I just sorta stuck. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I just checked and I joined very close to 3 years ago! Is there a way to find your old posts??

Go to your name on the top right and then click profile from the drop down menu.  On the right on your profile is a bar that says see my activity.

You can also get to your profile by clicking on your avatar in a post you've made.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Thank you @Coconut Flan!!

Oh my gosh, seems like I registered because I was so shook by Jill starting to break free - nose ring and pants and all!

So, I guess I started browsing FreeJinger about a half a year to a year earlier from J-rapist and FLDS stuff, just didn't register back then.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been lurking off and on for years.  I think around 2011-2012 is when I first heard of FJ, but I don't remember exactly when.  I'm sure it was about how awful and bitter everyone on FJ was.  I've peeked in every now and again to see what the chatter was about people I knew, and to enjoy the speculation that sometimes was and sometimes wasn't accurate, and to keep up on the inevitable downfall of more and more celebrities.  I just never got around to registering before.  

• Upvote 5

• 9 months later...

It was sometime, probably not too long, after 17 Kids & Counting got famous, I googled variations on 'f**k the Duggars' & voila. Had to have been on the first page of results cuz I'm that lazy. Been an occasional reader here ever since.

• Upvote 1