• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Curious

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

ORNurse

Well...I just signed up a few weeks ago, but I used to be a yuku...can’t remember if I was at ezboard. I was around for the rapture. I don’t remember my old username at all. Was probably something like “NurseShannon”’or some crap...

What brought me here...I honestly dont remember! I remember Emily...maybe the Duggars brought me here? Think I stayed for the Emily snark! LoL 

dizzying

I came here to read about actual human beings using white buckets as a toilet and throwing it on the ground. I have stayed for the crazy. Long time lurker but going to try to start posting!

Alice in Fundieland

I found FJ thanks to a Google search for Jinger Duggar after TLC showed her wedding the first time. :pb_lol: I’d watched the Duggars on tv for years. Like a lot of other people have said, at first they seemed like a nice family. Their life seemed simple, they seemed happy, and I was curious. The longer I watched, the stranger they seemed and my own thoughts on religion and the existence of a higher power were starting to change. By the time Jinger and Jeremy’s wedding was shown, I was rolling my eyes at just about everything on the show so I found FJ at the perfect time.

sleepy_doggos

I came here because I moved in with my mother, a wonderful woman who idolizes everything on TV that's vaguely Christian, and I realized that the Duggars and Bates weirded me out for some unknown reason. I found lots of reasons here!
I actually stayed for everyone else: The Boyers, the Maxwells (because polo shirts are the only godly shirt), JillRod, Hannah Manderino (get ultrasounds, dammit), John Shrader, and Zsu. I haven't read about the Nogs, Wallers, or Bro Gary though. They might come eventually.
I was raised conservative Christian/evangelical but have had an interest in various religious activities since we studied cults (Jim Jones, Jehovah's Witness, etc) in high school Bible class.
Love Joy Feminism blog may have brought me here initially now that I'm thinking back.
I mostly lurk to see pictures and follow links but sometimes comment if there's a great thread drift.

Happy
WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
11 hours ago, sleepy_doggos said:

I mostly lurk to see pictures and follow links but sometimes comment if there's a great thread drift.

I just love a good thread drift. :my_heart: I think I've usually found thread drifts easier to comment on than the "main topic". Especially when I'm new to a thread. 

The Bro Gary threads are good, mostly light reading for anyone who needs a good laugh. :pb_biggrin: It doesn't take much background to understand his threads, but it might not be the best topic if your stomach is queasy. The pictures of weens and pink gravy are really something! :pb_lol:

Tired
Palimpsest
10 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The pictures of weens and pink gravy are really something! :pb_lol:

Pictures?  There's more than one?  The first one nearly did me in.:pb_lol:

On 4/28/2018 at 10:08 PM, ORNurse said:

What brought me here...I honestly dont remember! I remember Emily...maybe the Duggars brought me here? Think I stayed for the Emily snark! LoL 

Hey!  I think I may remember you from back then.  I followed a link to yuku from TWoP when people were being chastised for talking about Lydia of Purple.  TWoP scared me to death (Howard) and I never posted on the Duggar threads there. I was Nell on yuku and it took me quite a while to start posting there.  Emily and Dna finally brought me out of lurkdom.  I took a long break from FJ, partly because I thought people were too mean, and completely missed the Rapture.  I found my way back here eventually though.  We are a much nicer place these days.

Puzzled
clueliss

For those looking for new crazy to read - take a look at ExGay Gregg and DeeDee.  I found that trip down a rabbit hole after the really  long wait for Isreal Dillard (Followed by both rounds of Josh Gate)

Waffle Time
Lisafer

I just posted on the introductions thread, but I found Free Jinger years ago on Yuku. I think I was looking for dirt on the Duggars. Having been raised in a large homeschooling family myself, I just knew that "Godly family" thing was a facade. I've lurked all these years and learned a lot! Some of the Duggars are about the same age as myself and my siblings. If we could make it out of fundiedom, they can too! Still hoping, lol.