IGNORED

What Brought You to Free Jinger?

Curious

I also found the board long ago through TWOP. The Duggars have always fascinated me in a train wreck sort of way. I've never posted because I'm more of a "nod along silently" type person, but I'm so happy that I've been able register that I've dedicated myself to posting some. :mrgreen:

Years ago, on another message board, someone said we should check out this crazy lady. Turned out to be Candy. It was like watching a train wreck. She was thick in her fights with Elena and Brandy. I've lurked around the fundie fringes as I have a real life friend who was descending into fundie-dom. Scary.

Now I lurk (mostly) for the snark!

I have been fascinated by the FLDS community for awhile now, and when 19 KAC started airing, something about the Duggars' religion seemed "off" to me. I found Free Jinger while trying to figure out what sort of religious group the Duggars belonged to and have lurked for a couple of years.

I'd just like to say hello to all the new people.

It's great to meet you - I'm one of the FJ ordinary posters who's going to be wandering through this forum from time to time to see if you're all OK.

I'm happy to answer questions in these threads: feel free to ask.

I think I might be one of the few that came here not from TWOP and the Duggars. I had no interest in the Duggars (and still don't) But I was reading True Womanhood of the new Millennium, a "celebration of the thinking Christian woman", the website of Karen "That Mom", who had taken on the task of being a witness of how the patriarchy was impacting, for the worse, her church, and homeschooling culture. She was blowing the whistle on patriarchy and legalism, essentially, in her community. And I found out about Vision Forum, the Botkins (she calls them heretics), Courtship, all those people, through her website. I'd always been interested in studying theology, spirituality, and such. So all of that was really fascinating, and her comment section was great, even though I did not ascribe to her beliefs. I think some members that commented there, also used to comment here. At any rate, I found out about Razin' Ruth, and read her blog too, and No Longer Quivering. And Jen's Jems. And somehow in there I got introduced to Emily. OMG, Emily, Emily, Emily. I was led to Free Jinger from there, on Yuku, and spent months reading, basically, everything I could find about Emily. Then all of those people I had heard about from Karen/That Mom/ True Womanhood- the Prarie Muffins, The Interns, Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin, Jen Epstein. I signed up sometime in 2011, although I think at that point I had been reading for a couple of years. Nice to meet you all.

My best friend had told me about FJ a few years ago, but I never got around to coming here. Wish i had done it then. Recently we were talking about Sister Wives and she mentioned the site again. I came over and have been addicted to the site ever since!

November Rain, whenever I see your member name, I hear Axl Rose. :P Did you choose it for the G&R song?

I.. don't really remember how I found the site. All I know is that someone on one of the many sites I frequent mentioned it, and I decided to check it out.

In trying to convince my mom that there was something effed up about the Duggars I discovered No Longer Quivering... which somehow led me here (well to the yuku site). My upbringing in semi-fundie-litedom and general interest in religion helps fuel my weird fundie obsession and I appreciate good sarcasm so I stayed.

Well, I've lurked here for a long time. I started to buy into a bit of the Maxwell lifestyle with the MOTH. As a homeschooling family, I know many people who kind of worship them. I guess I'm easily swayed because I started to dream of a life where my husband would really take charge of our family. That caused a lot of tension for us because that isn't the reason he married me. So, FJ has helped me to keep myself grounded even as I read through the various blogs I come across through homeschool and Christian homemaking. Although I disagree with some things here, I have found that FJ has helped to bring a balance to my life. Thank you!

I don't remember what brought me here originally and made me register, but a few months back someone at MWOP mentioned FJ and when I came over to lurk some more I couldn't help but comment on some LDS posts. Now I'm reading about once a week or so.

November Rain, whenever I see your member name, I hear Axl Rose. :P Did you choose it for the G&R song?

I did! I use this name for games online also. It's a favourite song of mine.

There are kind of a lot of fundies in my area. Even as I kid, I was fascinated/horrified by them. One day circa 2008 when the Duggars were pretty popular I googled Quiverfull, as it was a term I knew applied to huge families and I wanted to find out more about this bizarre trend. FJ came up somewhere in the first couple pages of search results. I did a ton of lurking and reading old threads, hoping that my strange obsession would go away. A year later, I was still riveted so I started posting.

I found out that some of my friends were getting sucked into extreme patriarchy and found FJ through a google search while trying to learn as much as possible about the Botkins and their 2k year vision plan. I later found out that an IRL friend is a member here also (talking to her IRL was one of the things that helped me figure out that my friends were getting sucked into extreme patriarchy).

I've always found religious fundamentalists in general to be fascinating, but hadn't realized that there were Bible-based cults and insane Christian fundamentalists until just a few years ago.

I have some second cousins who are fundy -- 16 kids and homeschoolers -- and in attempt to understand their choices and world I started following some fundy blogs and webpages almost 10 years ago now. I found FJ through a google search right after the rapture from the yuku board. (I was probably trying to get more information about the S'Morton family...) It was strangely reassuring that I wasn't the only one completely fascinated/horrified by the fundy-QF universe. I've been lurking ever since....this is my first post.

I arrived here just days after the tragic Sparkling Adventures baby death.

I had been following the blog for a year or so, but stopped after the lost child in the bush with a stranger debacle. It was all too much for me.

Then a mutual friend of mine and the sparkling one, put up a post on FB about Lauren losing her son and husband.

I had also heard on the radio news about a father jumping of a bridge with his infant. (I live close-ish to their "home base").

I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I googled David Fisher death, thinking that the reference to losing her husband meant he had died. I was completely horrified when I realised the the 2 stories were one and the same.

I became kind of obsessed in the days following, trying to get information on the circumstances etc, and one of my google seaches led me here.

I am also interested in Mormons etc including the FLDS, but the rest of the bloggers snarked on here, I don't really know much about.

Have just discovered the QF of Worldly Distractions, and feel there is a bit more there for me to contribute to.

Have just discovered the QF of Worldly Distractions, and feel there is a bit more there for me to contribute to.

Feel free to start threads in here, too. *big doe eyes*

Someone MUST have a question or something they want to discuss in here. You guys are killing me. I'm about ready to start a Newbie Thread of the Week event. :shifty:

I used to be pretty fundie, was raised fundie-lite and then became very fundie for a bit in my teen years. I even had an article published on LAF when I was 15 (I had it removed when I grew up and got non crazy). Late 2012 I was Googling Jasmine Baucham and came across Free Jinger. Decided to join around Christmas. Read almost every day and have never laughed so much in my life.

ETA: just noticed my little tag line says "Lurking Since Yuku" Not quite true, but I have read tons of the Yuku board. Wish I could get a doctorate in fundie studies.

The Duggars brought me here by way of LiveJournal's Oh No They Didn't. I think I googled Michelle's #20 pregnancy announcement and found ONTD and I loved the snark. I would spend HOURS reading through all the comments, where I'd always see FJ mentioned. Finally came over last year when there hadn't been any new Duggar posts, and haven't been back to ONTD since :D I was like a kid in Disneyland! I finally found my people!

I lurked for a long time before the stuff went down recently. I'm not sure how I originally found FJ, but it was probably during a Duggar google search. I'm here mostly for the snark and it is an easy way to keep up on my faves' Miss Davi and Mr. Priss!

I found freejinger some time ago, after been on the weird side of internet aka on a youtube video about the "Smiling Sisters" (peppy music in the beginning, though).

After staring speechless at my monitor for about 10 minutes (because I was raised in the spirit of: "There´s no excuse for not working and living with Mama&Papa if you are a healthy grown-up. You are just plain lazy then!") I googled "SAHD", stumbled upon this site and became a frequent lurker:)

I found FreeJinger via Emily and Dan. I can't remember how I found her blog. I was probably googling how to be frugal or something. :o Wow...She was definately a trip. I'm all for saving money, but she was extreme. I think she was complaining about FJ and out of curiosity I linked over. Been lurking ever since. :D

Miss being able to view Chatter, but not enough offend everyone by trying to slam post to get to the required number of posts.

Miss being able to view Chatter, but not enough offend everyone by trying to slam post to get to the required number of posts.

You'll get there soon enough. It's your incentive to keep posting!