IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

I'm a 27 year old grad student (divorced, no kids) from Germany originally but have lived in the Midwest for far to many years. Finishing up school here in WI and then off to U of Tenn to start my PhD in Forensics anthropology.

Have been interested in "fundies" for my entire life. My mother is American and her is family is fundie-extreme. I never saw much of it growing up in Germany but when I moved here after my parents divorce; I got to see that lifestyle first hand and became interested. I live in a area with a huge Amish population and I have run into Elizabeth (Serven) Ten Dolle at a area grocery store and the farmers market multiple times. Bethany Patchin's mother also lives near me so I have had my fair share of fundie and ex-fundie sightings.

I too, was just a avid blog reader until I DWOP kicked me out and I found refuge in FJ. Otherwise I too would still be reading blogs and blacking out from rage and no way to express it.

:)

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 22, from Denmark but currently living in Scotland due to studying abroad. I think I found Free Jinger through googling Anna T. She was one of my first fundies, and I was like "damn, I'm not the only one disagreeing with her." Don't know why I thought that, I think it may have to do with the image she projects on her blog.

I'm single, no kids, never been outside of Europe but going to NYC this summer :) So that'll be something new. I'm quite interested in going on the Hasidic Brooklyn tour and doing some fundie watching, haha.

Female, 33, Arkansan born and raised. Currently I am a full time hive vagina leader, full time student and part time video editor. I am unmarried, no kids, no pets.

I am 22, full time student in Texas. I grew up in the PNW and that is where I really call home and I will eventually get back there, after I finish all my schooling (going to apply to PhD programs in History starting next year, after I finish my current Masters).

33, married for 5 years (together for 15 years), no kids, Finland. My biggest fundie obsession is the Maxwell family - weirdest of all weirdos.

36, stay at home mom and married with 3 kids. Husband is career military and we both have bachelors degrees (and will probably be starting our masters degrees at some point in the near future). Born and raised Texan, currently stationed in south Texas (beach). 1 very, very, very, spoiled kitty, as seen in profile pic. :D Very spoiled. Very.

I'm a 24-year old military brat female, so I don't consider anywhere "home"; I currently reside in Laredo, Texas (which is practically Mexico).

I'm married, no kids. My degree is in Forensic Anthropology, and I'm working on a second- Spanish.

I attend a fundy church in Mexico, but I am most definitly the sin in the camp! I completely embarrass the in-laws by choosing to wear jeans and earrings Monday-Saturday :D FreeJinger brings the humor to my very ironic life.

Hi!

I'm 25!? (had to think about it). I live in the DC area. I graduated from undergrad in 2008 with a BSBA in Marketing. I currently work in financial planning and wealth management. I have always been interested in studying religions. I worked in a office where they approved all the graduate dissertations and I became fascinated with the Church and Christianity in general.

I'm Roman Catholic. I have been married for a year and half. I can't wait to have a few or manykids blessings. We joke about having a large family, like 5 +, but then we haven't even had one yet.

58, married almost 4 years, Western US, worked in ebil libraries for 36 years, horrified/fascinated by all things fundie, particularly Botkins/Vision Forum/Maxwells/anything else involving parents whose whackadoodle religious egos are so wrapped up in their offspring that they Do. Not. Know. How. To. Let. Go.

Hi! Mostly lurk but occassionally post.

I am Devon, 28, born and raised in Southern California. I am married (5 1/2 years) and we have 3 cats and a crazy shepard mix pup. No human children yet. I am currently finishing my Bachelor's in Sociology - and like another poster, writing my thesis (Patriarchy and the Feminization of Poverty). Although I have been lurking here and fundie obessessed LONG before I though of my thesis topic ;) I consider myself agnostic and I am a raging ebil feminist. I also love politics, reading, romantic dinners and long walks on the beach.

I found Free Jinger though another message board I am on (TheNest - I know there are a few of us here). My gateway fundies were the Duggars I guess, but I have been reading other fundie blogs for a couple of years now. I would google "stay at home daughter" or "Daughter of the King" or "Courtship Blog" and go from there - found some gems that way!

I am 30, a homeschooling mama with three small people. I lived in the south my whole life until two years ago when we moved to Alaska for a job. I think I would be considered fundy-lite. This is my first time posting since the switch from yuku. I'm always super short on time and I know if I post regularly I will get sucked in. I check here every day because I am fascinated by reading differing opinions, and also I don't really read any fundy blogs because I know if anything good happens, it will be on here. :D Also, am I the only one who can't decide if it should be spelled "fundy" or"fundie"?

In my thirties and live in southwest Missouri, though I am originally from RI. I used to be a librarian before we moved here and now I'm a SAHM mom of 2. Never thought about religion until I moved to this part of the country (because it's everywhere here and I'm definitely a non believing heathen). I ended up on FJ because I couldn't believe a heart broken mother could RERECORD her heartfelt letter to her dead fetus for good PR. I still can't believe it. Anyway, I've enjoyed lurking here.

I'm female 59 (oldest so far that I've seen) just outside Toronto. Married for 39 years with 2 sons, no grandchildren.

Agnostic/atheist for the past 10 or so years, I'm trying to get my certificate to be a Marriage Commissioner here in Ontario.

My husband despairs that I will never give up my morbid fascination with "thatgodawfulduggarwoman". We don't get too many hard core fundies up here, so it's like watching the Discovery channel filming a rare species of animnal.

Female and 41, raised in bush Alaska. Moved to the big city of Anchorage in the early 90s got my BS in Civil Engineering and worked in oil and gas for a while. Now located in southern New England with lots of family. One husband, one red headed four legged child (Irish terrier) and no two legged children. I am semi-retired and heavily involved in mentoring programs and tutor math to the home schooled nieces and nephews in my family. I have always been very interested in religion and found Free Jinger through TWOP.

67, R.N., former Navy Nurse, last 20 years as a school nurse in the ebil publik skools, semi-retired, retiring for good in May. From NJ, then upstate western NY, college in Buffalo. Have lived all over, in MN last 20 years. Moving to northern WI in May. 3 adult children, 2 adopted from Colombia, one from AL. 5 grandkids. 5 cats, making me a crazy cat lady and damn proud of it. Life long Catholic, only one in my class through 12 years of school. Most of my classmates were Free Methodist or Baptist. When we moved to WNY only our Amish kids would play with us. The Duggars were my gateway family. I started out being impressed with them, now I'm appalled.

Hi there! I'm a long-time lurker who's been thinking about emerging from the shadows a bit. I'm 23, live in northern West Virginia, and work for the IT division of the large liberal univeristy that I used to attend.

I grew up in a liberal Presbyterian church but, for lack of a better way to put it, my family never took theology very literally or seriously. For my parents, church participation was always more of a social performance, a way to gain social acceptance and social standing in our extremely conservative, extremely backward southern West Virginan town. I, on the other hand, went through a very religious phase when I was middle school. Then I started reading and thinking critically and I guess now I'd like to say I'm agnostic-ish.

Anyway, I found this forum last summer when I looking for a place that I could finally finally bitch about how annoying I found NieNie and Cjane. (I think if you bitch about them you get banned from the internet.) Anyway, what I found here were a plethora far more rage-inducing bloggers to bitch about--enough that I could bitch for all eternity. Hooray!

Guest Anonymous

My name is Janice, I'm female, 61 and have been married for almost 32 years. I have a BA in applied art, am retired and have a furkid named Charlie. I was born in New York but have lived in Portland, Oregon for almost 3 years. I occupy myself uploading designs and pictures of my to Deviantart.com

I first encountered FreeJinger in the wake of the Lydia Schatz murder. I knew fundamentalists were out there but had no idea how many subsets of crazy there were among them until I encountered this site.

Hello! I'm 22, live in southwest England and have just graduated from university after having studied English Literature - the dream is to go into publishing (currently have a very dull job to give me office experience). I have a morbid fascination with the Duggars and fundiness - I don't understand why people choose to live that way and I can't seem to look away from the crazy! Not much else to tell. In my spare time I like to read (preferably with a gin and tonic). Anyway, am enjoying posting and sharing the crazy with you all! :)

32 single woman in Ohio, no kids. I'm an attorney, but I'm not currently working.

I started following FJ after the loss of Jubilee. This board may be the only thing to keep me sane during the election year.

And hello to the Aussies! I'm heading there next week for a month trip. :D

32 single woman in Ohio, no kids. I'm an attorney, but I'm not currently working.

I started following FJ after the loss of Jubilee. This board may be the only thing to keep me sane during the election year.

And hello to the Aussies! I'm heading there next week for a month trip. :D

Hello from Columbus!

60, retired public employee, in the midst of a divorce after a late life marriage. I don't live alone. I have a cat and books! Politically I'm left of Mother Jones and interested in the impact of fundys on and in our political system. I've been following the political influence of fundys for about 30 years, and the internet has made it a relatively easy task now adays.

Hi! I'm a 40-something female from the south. Married for 25 years and 6 kids. I was raised Episcopalian and became a fundy-wannabe in my 20s. My husband would not cooperate and "get saved" so I fervently prayed for him and nagged for a few years till he did. I was super excited because now my dream of being a fundy homeschooler would finally be fulfilled!!1!! But it was not to be. He had no such fundy leanings (seriously, I was jealous of a friend whose family "got" to move to a compound or something and become Gothardites!). He did agree to let God decide the size of our family after the second child. Our fourth turned out to be triplets. When they were 2 I had a miscarriage and suffered from extreme PPD. We both agreed it was a message from God to stop there.

When I was a fundy in an unsaved marriage I began looking online for advice. My gateway fundies were the Maxwells. I was a frequent poster on their Titus 2 message board, although I was too embarrassed to admit my kids were in the evil public school. When that board closed, I went to the Woodshed board (raising Godly tomatoes). I was eventually banned from there because when I suggested a certain thread was purely gossip they assumed I was a spy for the person being gossiped about. I was given neither a warning or a chance to explain myself, and it really hurt at the time.

It was about that time I realized that Fundieland was not what I expected and I completely lost my desire to be one (I am a Christian, just not fundie or even light).

I found FJ because I am in treatment for breast cancer and had a lot of downtime after surgery and chemo treatments. I have been lurking here for almost a year I think.

22-year-old college student from Indiana, no kids or husband to speak of, um... that's it, I guess! Found fj while googling fundamentalist forums because I thought they were funny. This was probably the time I was moving into atheism after being raised moderately Catholic.

Archived