IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

Just curious where everyone is from and how old they are. I'll start. I from the Midwest (USA) and I'm 31 years old. I'm female, single with no children, and I have a college degree. Who's next?

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 35, am from NE PA but have lived i Seattle, WA for the past 13.5 years. I'm married and have two awesome sons, ages 13 and almost 11.

I'm from Los Angeles, but currently stranded in the Midwest. My time is split between Saint Louis, where I'm working on my PhD, and Northwest Arkansas, where my husband lives and works. I'm 30, no kids but my Cornish Rex is basically my child, and I have a Master's degree. I used to be a ballet teacher and I miss it terribly. I basically spend my days working on research and reeling from culture shock.

I'm 35, am from NE PA but have lived i Seattle, WA for the past 13.5 years. I'm married and have two awesome sons, ages 13 and almost 11.

ETA: I have a degree in Molecular Biology and do medical research (ebil scientist!).

Another St. Louisan, 25, female, unmarried but giving pieces of my heart away (and using the satanic birth control in the process). Have my master's and work full-time in the arts/cultural sector. Next thing on my life list is to adopt a kitty.

I'm 41, married and have 5 sons. Homemaker for the most part but have worked in the past. I live in Colorado and have all my life but I have travelled quite a bit. I am Christian but not fundy. I am in the middle on subjects like politics and religion and current events. I am a die hard animal lover and have no qualms about going out in a blizzard to rescue a mouse frozen to the sidewalk. I can be nice but I am peri-menopausal and sometimes act the bitch. I also have huge hangups about liars, cheats and thieves and will not stand by when seeing abuse. That is why I'm here because these fundies are liars, cheats, thieves and will use abuse to get their way. I also say that turkey bacon is real bacon and not to listen to these whiney butts on here that say it isn't. :whistle:

I'm from Victoria, BC :flags-canada: and I'm 20. I'm a university student in political science and religious studies.

ETA I forgot to mention I'm female if it wasn't obvious.

I'm from Kansas.. I have 4 kids the oldest is married (girl) 2 teen boys. A 8 yr old girl who keeps us all busy (she has special needs). I've been married almost 23 LONG years. My oldest is expecting a baby boy in May or maybe April..

20, unmarried, no kids, in university in NC. Grew up near the VA/NC border, about 45 minutes from Pat Robertson. I'm also a poli sci major who wants to get into education. I am the proud pet human of a calico kitty.

Wow, this is like A/S/L in a chatroom, except not filled with perversion, evil and wrongness...;)

I'm in Scotland and I'm female, or was last time I checked. I work in the public sector and I'm a union shop steward. Single, no kids.

I'm 20 years old from Michigan. I'm a student studying education. I'm new here to FJ and it's an excellent distraction from my homework.

Hi! :greetings-waveyellow:

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Im 21 years old and am majoring in history and political science. I've been with my partner for nearly two years and my research thesis is tentatively titled 'Impact of Stay at Home Daughters in the Christian Patriachy Movement'. I'm writing it from a radical feminist perspective, so I've been lurking (and occasionally posting) on the FJ forum for about two years now.

My gateway fundies were definitely the Duggar family, there was an article in the paper about them when Hannie was born. Ever since then I've read all I could, watched the specials online whenever I could and generally watched on in astonishment as they became more and more well known in both the US and Australia. From the Duggars, I found the Maxwells, not exactly sure what the link was now but have been following their blog and D/M Corners for quite a while now. I initially stumbled across FJ when trying to find a 'Free Jessa' group on facebook. It's amazing the places the web can take you and I've never looked back!

The main challenge now is remembering all of the fundie families I follow and trying to work out how they are all connected! The Morton's have got me tied up in knots! I can never remember who is who and who is married to who!

I'm planning a research trip to the US next year and my university has given me permission to seek interviews with families. Number one on my list is definitely the Maxwells, but my supervisor (who is familiar with Titus2) and I are trying to work out the best approach in contacting Steve-O. Any advice O Great Hive Vagina?

Edited: Because I cannot construct a sentence.

Guest Anonymous

I'm 37, i live in northern california ( i have all my life). I've been married 13 years and I have a daughter who is 11. I'm currently a SAHM but looking into some part time work.

Hi! :greetings-waveyellow:

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Im 21 years old and am majoring in history and political science. I've been with my partner for nearly two years and my research thesis is tentatively titled 'Impact of Stay at Home Daughters in the Christian Patriachy Movement'. I'm writing it from a radical feminist perspective, so I've been lurking (and occasionally posting) on the FJ forum for about two years now.

My gateway fundies were definitely the Duggar family, there was an article in the paper about them when Hannie was born. Ever since then I've read all I could, watched the specials online whenever I could and generally watched on in astonishment as they became more and more well known in both the US and Australia. From the Duggars, I found the Maxwells, not exactly sure what the link was now but have been following their blog and D/M Corners for quite a while now. I initially stumbled across FJ when trying to find a 'Free Jessa' group on facebook. It's amazing the places the web can take you and I've never looked back!

The main challenge now is remembering all of the fundie families I follow and trying to work out how they are all connected! The Morton's have got me tied up in knots! I can never remember who is who and who is married to who!

I'm planning a research trip to the US next year for my research and my university has given me permission to seek interviews with families. Number one on my list is definitely the Maxwells, but my supervisor (who is familiar with Titus2) and I are trying to work out the best approach in contacting Steve-O. Any advice O Great Hive Vagina?

I don't have any advice for you, but I have to say that you might be my new FJ hero because this is AMAZING. You will report for us, won't you?

I'm 23 and from Nashville TN. I'm currently getting my masters degree in special education and tutoring part time. I found Free Jinger through a google search of ATI and Gothard (I just recently found out about the Duggar's beliefs) and thought it seemed like a fun place to discuss fundie stuff. I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady. I have a knack for finding cats on the street and taking them home (don't worry, I only have 2...for now). Because of me, my friends all have cats. lol

Other than that, I love teaching, ice-skating, and kayaking.

Hi, I'm 26, from Christchurch, New Zealand, but currently live in Japan.

I have a bachelors in education, and will hopefully be taking some classes this year to enable me to work toward a masters in development or international relations. Have a significant other, he's from the Midwest...

Am a teacher atm, have been for a few years, and also have a few years working in other contexts with people with special needs. I love to travel, and split my free time comfortable between fj and fundie blogs, and travel sites and blogs.

That's me :)

I am 22, finishing up my bachelor's in English (literature) this spring and going to ebil medical school in the fall (well technically in the summer). I have always watched the Duggars because I've always been interested in extreme religious sects. Was into the Amish as a kid. I knew about the "free Jinger" rallying cry somehow but just found the board when someone on another message board I frequent brought it up in a thread about Jubilee. Single/no kids and female. I grew up Catholic but am currently questioning because I'm not a fan of their social teachings. I like the Jesuits though ;)

I'm 30, from Texas, but moved to a small town in Scotland in 2010. I'm married with two cats, working on the kid. I'm a Heathen, which made life in Texas rather uncomfortable at times.

I'm 32, unschooler, currently a SAHM to our 4 week old girl, but also work at a indie bookshop in our hometown in New Zealand. Headship and I have been married 3 days :) We're left leaning, green voting atheists.

Wow, this is like A/S/L in a chatroom, except not filled with perversion, evil and wrongness...;)

I'm in Scotland and I'm female, or was last time I checked. I work in the public sector and I'm a union shop steward. Single, no kids.

You sure about that? :lol:

I'm from the UK, married for 20 years and have 2 kids and 2 cats. I've a masters in developmental psychology and work part time as an educational psychologist (when I'm not recovering from surgery which I've been doing A LOT over the last 9 months). I'm flirting with the idea of doing a PhD, though undecided at present. I'm ex-Christian, brought up in the Anglican church where my dad was a minister. I became atheist in my teens and have never looked back. I like to knit, crochet and sew, read, snark and have sex with my husband (when I'm not recovering from surgery which I've been doing A LOT over the last 9 months), but not at the same time. I say 'Fuck' quite frequently; I consider it to be a fine example of Anglo Saxon linguistics. I take shoe size 7 (UK sizes) and bra size 36G.

Oh and I'm 42, which apparently means I know the meaning of life, the universe and everything.

:-D

I'm 25, single, currently working on my Masters Degree in International Business.

I'm Mexican but live in Denmark. (English is my second Language so apologies in advance for any mistakes!)

Two years ago I was changing the channels and I happened to land on Discovery Home and Health (in México this is where most TLC shows are shown). The first episode I ever saw was "Duggar dating rules" and I could not believe it. I continued to watch episodes online when the show was cancelled (In México they didn't even finished the first season.. I guess people were not amused watching Jim Bob's "Spanish Skillz" :dance: ). A quick google search directed me here!

Nice to meet all of you :D

Archived