IGNORED

A Brief History of Time

happy atheist

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone doing the Mortons? That is one I would like to see!

Yes! i came here to say we need info on the Mortons. I think MJB is a loyal follower of theirs and would do well with their summary!

Yes! i came here to say we need info on the Mortons. I think MJB is a loyal follower of theirs and would do well with their summary!

I think we have a volunteer for the S'Mortons. Yes, we do.

I also notice that no one has volunteered for Miss Raquel. I think formergothardite should do that one!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, please. Who is Doug Phillips? I could just google that part but I wonder why he is always referred to as a tool?

P.S. I just watched the 'Pissing Preacher' sermon and nearly died laughing. So much crazy in that guy.

Edit: Just found the explanation in the 'What are you talking about' thread.

Yes, please. Who is Doug Phillips? I could just google that part but I wonder why he is always referred to as a tool?

P.S. I just watched the 'Pissing Preacher' sermon and nearly died laughing. So much crazy in that guy.

Edit: Just found the explanation in the 'What are you talking about' thread.

Here is a good summary on Doug Phillips: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15687

There are summaries on many of the families we discuss in the who's who subsection at the top of this forum :)

• 5 weeks later...

I thought someone had already done Miss Raquel, but I'll stop being lazy and try to get one done. We do have a former friend of Raquel who is a member so perhaps she can add some background info if she feels like it.

I thought someone had already done Miss Raquel, but I'll stop being lazy and try to get one done. We do have a former friend of Raquel who is a member so perhaps she can add some background info if she feels like it.

Yay. I knew you'd be called by the siren song, eventually. *whispers* don't forget the penis ferret!*

The penis ferret is one of her best works, how could I leave it out?!

• 2 months later...

I hope this is an okay place to ask this--

Is the confessions of a CF husband guy Fundie? I knew he was very conservative, but nothing else.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I've asked this before, but are there any other large fundie organizations besides VF and ATI/IBLP/Gothard? I tried a Google search, but Google seems to hate me for some reason.

• 4 months later...

I'd like to know more about Nie Nie. I googled her and read about her blog and her plane crash on Oprah's site. In the discussion an astute reader commented that both she and her husband had given several different versions of the crash. Now I'm falling down a rabbit hole and MUST KNOW MORE! Any help getting to Nie Nie discussion topics would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
What about the Seven Sisters? I would love to know more about their backstory

Did anyone make one for the Seven Sisters? I'd appreciate a recap of their family! I don't see them listed in Family Summaries.

ETA: If people are still making summaries to add to the Resources page, I'd also love a recap of the Arndt family.

If anyone would like to volunteer to write up a summary of anyone we talk about on FJ, go for it!

PM me or Curious with your result and we'll post it in the appropriate place.

Some of the older summaries could probably use an update, too, in anyone feels motivated.

• 2 weeks later...
I third the Naked Roast Sitter request. I read a couple pages of her blog once. She's fascinating, often in a horrifying way.

I forget which lengthy post I was reading in (it had a side tangent of a free jinger convention of sorts) where I first learned of the roast sitter (and the crazy woman with way too many doilies). I would love a synopsis of menstral roast sitter.

Is there a thread for Helena and her family? I know there was a fair bit of talk of her in the sparkling Lauren threads.

The Jeub Family needs an update. I did the original, and told Curious I'd update, and then forgot about it. If someone else wants to do that, please go ahead. They stopped being interesting to me a while back.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone would like to volunteer to write up a summary of anyone we talk about on FJ, go for it!

PM me or Curious with your result and we'll post it in the appropriate place.

Some of the older summaries could probably use an update, too, in anyone feels motivated.

Ooh ooh ooh could I do Erika *gag* Shupe?

The Jeub Family needs an update. I did the original, and told Curious I'd update, and then forgot about it. If someone else wants to do that, please go ahead. They stopped being interesting to me a while back.

Give me a week or so and I can probably get something put together on updated Jueb's. Just took a look and yeah - with Cynthia's outting of the parents earlier this year that needs a big ole update.

If anyone gets one put together in the meantime or feels motivated - go for it. I've got an ongoing full plate lately.

Please do! *smile* :D

Just PMed happy atheist with my summary *beam*

• 3 years later...

I've seen the Turleys mentioned in a couple of different threads recently, and I know nothing about them. Is there a summary somewhere? I think one of Jessa's friends is married to one, and that's the extent of my knowledge.

Also do we have a summary of the Staddons? I remember the horrifying courtship of Kendalyn and Robert and that there were a lot of unmarried sons. I know we have a thread for them, but I haven't seen a summary of who is married, etc. 

Thanks!