IGNORED

What the Heck Are You People Talking About?

happy atheist

10 hours ago, Mozzie said:

Where is the main source of information on Steve 'PP' Anderson: is it just his wife's blog or does he have another blog and/or TV exposure or something?

He has a FB page he posts videos on sometimes. There's also videos of him on Youtube. But most of the info comes from Zsu's blog.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

He has a FB page he posts videos on sometimes. There's also videos of him on Youtube. But most of the info comes from Zsu's blog.

Thanks for the reply. :) 

• Upvote 1

Hi everybody, 

again, I have two questions. Because I'm not an English native speaker, I often wonder, why fundies use the word 'fellowship' for everything fun, activity or get together related. Maybe it is a very common word and I simply don't know :-)

2nd question: Why do fundies cling to the KJV ? Is there any special reason? 

Thanks again for enlightening me :-)

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2017 at 3:48 PM, BrandoBarks said:

Hi everybody, 

again, I have two questions. Because I'm not an English native speaker, I often wonder, why fundies use the word 'fellowship' for everything fun, activity or get together related. Maybe it is a very common word and I simply don't know :-)

2nd question: Why do fundies cling to the KJV ? Is there any special reason? 

Thanks again for enlightening me :-)

Fellowship is a very "churchy" word. For example, a lot of churches, not just fundie ones, have a fellowship hall for things like church dinners, the annual Christmas pageant, and the like. "Fellowshipping" with someone implies that you're doing something godly, like sharing your testimony, studying the Bible, and definitely not anything that would be defrauding or against Jesus.

As to the second, they believe that the KJV is the last God-inspired translation of the Bible, and that all other modern translations are evil/heretical. Here's a link to the Wikipedia article about the movement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Only_movement

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

If you hover (I'm on a computer so my mouse) over the underlined term it shows you what the acronym/term means.  In this case "bitch eating crackers"  

6 minutes ago, Galbin said:

Ah okay. I am usually on my phone, so can't do that. What does that phrase mean though?! Still confused. :)

Bitch Eating Crackers is like when you hate someone so much, even seeing them eat crackers makes you think, "Oh my goodness, look at that bitch eating crackers. Who does she think she is, eating crackers like that?" etc. Most BEC comments on here aren't to that level, but that's the general idea.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Galbin said:

Wow, what a unique acronym! Is that just a FJ one, or is it used in America generally? I live in Europe.

It's an American thing. I've seen it on other forums and heard it in real life.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

After being on FJ for a while now and after discovering loooots of fundie families and blogs, I have one question: Why do most women have that same hair style? Bangs, big, gathered and poofy in the crown, curly or crunchy, very 80's fashion? Erin Bates is a good example of what I mean but there are lots of other women who have their hair the exact same way...Is that a coincidence or is it a trend/ beauty standard among fundies? 

Who is Rufus?  I've been mostly a lurker for the past 3 years and mentions of him seemed to have popped up out of nowhere and now it's taken off.  I can't seem to find the origin!

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, ChildofScience said:

Who is Rufus?  I've been mostly a lurker for the past 3 years and mentions of him seemed to have popped up out of nowhere and now it's taken off.  I can't seem to find the origin!

I too would like to know the answer to this. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I searched this and didn't see anything so my apologies if this has been covered. 

Is there anyway to get a bit of a summary on Jill Rodriguez? I see her all over the duggar forums  (something about ruining a wedding or birth announcement and other things) but don't even know where to begin to get the back story on that without drowning in eleventy million duggar/Rodriguez posts. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Upvote 2

@LacyMay 

Go here and you will find a great description of Jill and all her wonderfullness! :P Happy hunting! 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Galbin said:

What does NIKE mean? Obviously, I know of the brand, but not sure what people mean when they say it here.

The Duggar girls used to say NIKE to their brothers to get them to look away from women wearing nonmodest clothes :P 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Galbin said:

What does NIKE mean? Obviously, I know of the brand, but not sure what people mean when they say it here.

@Carm_88 said it. I'd like to add that Nike is a female Goddess of victory (which is what inspired the famous athletic clothing brand). The irony that using the name of a strong female Goddess as a means to scare fundie men into looking away is so interesting to me. What's also ironic is I don't think the Diggars put that much thought into their secret word. 

• Upvote 4

On Wednesday, July 05, 2017 at 4:16 AM, LacyMay said:

@Carm_88 thank you for pointing me to that! 

That makeup video is what nightmares are made of. 

And the thing is.... i think she looks younger and prettier (as do her daughter's!) without it! The more she put on, the worse it got. Also if you think that is nightmare material, there is another video that will keep you trembling ... i have a terrible memory, can anyone point us back to that video that ends with them saying goodnight to each other? Hope its the right fundie haha

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

How does hiding a post work? I saw something about a post being reported and hidden and am wondering what exactly the hidden part means? How is that different from it being deleted? Can it be found in some magical land of hidden posts once you reach a certain post count? Or is it just hidden but never to be seen? 

26 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

How does hiding a post work? I saw something about a post being reported and hidden and am wondering what exactly the hidden part means? How is that different from it being deleted? Can it be found in some magical land of hidden posts once you reach a certain post count? Or is it just hidden but never to be seen? 

We hide posts that break rules, and, fortunately for you, only helpmeets can see them. The post in question was full of racist bullshit, with a side of lovely racism and some sexism, and some truly horrifying pro-life images.

The post is still there, just hidden from the general public. That's what we do with that sort of thing. We don't delete posts, except in some very specific circumstances.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

We hide posts that break rules, and, fortunately for you, only helpmeets can see them. The post in question was full of racist bullshit, with a side of lovely racism and some sexism, and some truly horrifying pro-life images.

May Rufus bless your sacrifice. 

• Rufus Bless 4
  • Thank You 1