IGNORED

What the Heck Are You People Talking About?

happy atheist

What is Raptureversary?

Raptureversary is the anniversary of when FJ moved to its own independent website (this one!).

• Thank You 1

Why is Ken Alexander (I think) called Cabinetman?

They're two different people. Cabinetman comments on Lori's blog sometimes, and that's the name he uses. His real name is Robert.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

They're two different people. Cabinetman comments on Lori's blog sometimes, and that's the name he uses. His real name is Robert.

Thanks for the explanation. I never realized they were two different people.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not a term original to FJ but yes, it is a spanking reference. I've also heard it in the sense that someone has a hemroid so large they're cranky assholes etc.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt

In italian those words (translated obviously) mean that something sucks and galls you. I noticed that's used a lot between the motorbike racing pilots (such as V. Rossi and the likes)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but what do all of the different username colors indicate? I know gray is Prayer Closet/JTTH, but that's it.

I can't edit my last post but nevermind...found the answer in the tech support thread! Just click "who is online," then scroll to the bottom of the page and the legend is there.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Here's the Pisseth Against the Wall sermon:

[bBvideo 560,340:143squs6]

[/bBvideo]

I. CAN'T. EVEN. Thank you SO much for this link! I had NO idea of the level of insanity that these people exhibit! I will have to share this with friends, NEVER in my life have I heard anything EVEN CLOSE to this crazy from the pulpit!!!!

Hey everyone. This is my first post.

I know DQ and J'Chelle are references to Michelle Duggar, but where do these nicknames come from/what do they mean?

Thanks!

Hey everyone. This is my first post.

I know DQ and J'Chelle are references to Michelle Duggar, but where do these nicknames come from/what do they mean?

Thanks!

DQ is Dairy Queen because she's breast fed about a million babies and JChelle is so she can have a J name like the rest of her clan.

• Thank You 1

Michelle herself in the Little Rock, Josie in NICU days referred to herself as a Dairy Queen for all the breast milk she was freezing.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Michelle herself in the Little Rock, Josie in NICU days referred to herself as a Dairy Queen for all the breast milk she was freezing.

Thanks! I should have researched before answering.

• Upvote 2

Hi, a couple questions:

Q1: where is the " wayback machine"? I assume it is a special place to keep safe and warm Internet content that might be deleted or amended. But I cannot find it!

Q2: what exactly does board ownership mean?

Testing smiley :pink-shock:

• Upvote 2

Hi, a couple questions:

Q1: where is the " wayback machine"? I assume it is a special place to keep safe and warm Internet content that might be deleted or amended. But I cannot find it!

Q2: what exactly does board ownership mean?

Testing smiley :pink-shock:

1 - google "wayback machine"

2 - The board owner is the person who owns the board. I don't know how else to say it.

• Thank You 1

I haven't seen it put in action here for quite a while, but I always enjoyed it whenever it was employed: the pedicure maneuver! :-)

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 20Maneuver)

Was it abandonded for a reason or did it just become unpopular?

I had been wondering if this board was really owned by OPI or Sally Hansen with all the nail polish talk! I finally put 2 and 2 together a couple days ago to figure it was a troll diversionary tactic! :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

DQ is Dairy Queen because she's breast fed about a million babies and JChelle is so she can have a J name like the rest of her clan.

FYI, a lot (but not all) of these things are in the FJ dictionary.

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I should have researched before answering.

I thought DQ meant disqualified. Like in sports when a racer get disqualified and their score/time doesn't count. In my head I read it as, Michelle should be disqualified from being a mother, having more kids, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully, I'm not missing something obvious, but I've tried find the answer to this and have come up blank. I know I can't access these areas yet because I don't have enough posts, but what kinds of things are discussed in the Chatter and AYTFJ forums? And what is the purpose behind having a post threshold to see them?

It will take me a while to be able to access the areas and I'm perfectly fine with that, I'm just genuinely curious what the purpose of those areas are. 

Thanks!

Hopefully, I'm not missing something obvious, but I've tried find the answer to this and have come up blank. I know I can't access these areas yet because I don't have enough posts, but what kinds of things are discussed in the Chatter and AYTFJ forums? And what is the purpose behind having a post threshold to see them?

It will take me a while to be able to access the areas and I'm perfectly fine with that, I'm just genuinely curious what the purpose of those areas are. 

Thanks!

Chatter and AYTFJ are the same thing.  Originally Chatter was set up as a forum to discuss off-topic and more personal stuff so you had to have 75 posts to read and post there.   That was before we had all the sub-forums we have today.  That is pretty much still the purpose and it is nothing to get worried about.  It is sort of a semi-private but not really private area that can't be read by passing trolls and irate fundies who want to tell us to go to hell, if you will.  Some of us think it has out-lived its usefulness and is a dinosaur but others like it. 

Recent discussions, let me see:  Health, hobbies, pets, soup, yogurt, Christmas, pot-lucks, appropriate clothing for work, and venting  about things that have nothing to do with FJ at all.  That said, and full disclosure, one thread there will be used to alert others about discussions that seem problematic or posters on FJ who are getting on many peoples' nerves.  However, that is NOT AYTFJ's primary purpose and you need to be extremely annoying and/or actually disruptive to be discussed there.   If you are not annoying or disruptive there is no need to get worried about AYTFJ.  As you may have noticed, if you step on peoples' toes on FJ they will tell you to your face right away.   Really. :) 

• Thank You 1

• 5 months later...

SOTDRT= School of the Dining Room Table. It's a Duggar reference to how they were/are all schooled around the dining room table.

• Thank You 1

11 hours ago, what the heck said:

What does SOTDRT mean?

if you see an underlined acronym like SOTDRT or PP, you can hover over it with your mouse for an explanation. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

How did Steve Anderson get his nickname PP (Pissing Preacher)? 

I'm just getting down this rabbit hole. :)

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

How did Steve Anderson get his nickname PP (Pissing Preacher)? 

I'm just getting down this rabbit hole. :)

• Upvote 2