IGNORED

My Sisterwife's Closet

Ex 2x2

Running a business is hard work and internet businesses are even harder. it's a baby that is cemented to a sidewalk or a virtual sidewalk. Most small business fail in the first few years. the reasons often are poor business sense, lack of funding, personal use of business funds, poor inventory control, poor credit management, competition, and on and on. you have to turn a profit within a few years or else the IRS will call it a hobby.

Which is why I really don't understand why they went this route. I guess the fact that they're more public figures now makes it harder for them to get "regular jobs", but seriously they just do not have the drive to keep up a business like this. In the past season or so it has become so apparent to me that these people just assume everything is going to fall in their laps. They feel so entitled to their McMansions even though they clearly don't have money management skills or any sort of work ethic. They even have trouble getting out of the door on time and somehow blame that on somebody else.

Ugh, I was never a fan of the Browns, but this just grinds my gears. haha

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the facebook page, I'm willing to believe that IF they'd work hard, they could make this succeed. At least while their show is on. I don't like their stuff at all and I find it overpriced, but the people on their page go nuts over it.

I think Janelle would be happier if she had a job away from the family. She talked about how much she loved her old job it also gave her an identity outside of the family.

Yes, Janelle would be happier with an outside job again, IMO. The rest of the family would probably be better off too. I mean, at this point, their money is coming from TLC and this business, correct? I can't imagine that MSWC is bringing in much money :?

I totally agree. They're stuff is just plain fugly, cheap, you can't tell what the design is even supposed to be.

They should have gone with a better jeweler, and just let Robyn have input, not do the actual design. My high school age son can design a better website than that ......schtuff. Some of them have business experience, and need to lead this thing. The others need to do a little grunt work daily. It isn't difficult to answer questions posted on your website, and with 5 fully grown adults, and a couple of the older kids rotating 1 hour a day they could do it and not be overworked, giving them time for other projects. Janelle does indeed need a job outside the home, not only for her sanity, but to dig them out of this money pit. Running a business isn't really difficult, and no, they aren't "new" at it. Shudder to think what the tax mess of all this is. Hopefully Janelle is on top of it, as she is the only one with the brains. But Robyn won't listen to her, and she'll just whisper in Kody's ear on her night to get whatever she wants

Janelle needs a job outside the home so she can have a nest egg incase she decides to leave the family after her kids are all grown up.

Based on the facebook page, I'm willing to believe that IF they'd work hard, they could make this succeed. At least while their show is on. I don't like their stuff at all and I find it overpriced, but the people on their page go nuts over it.

I remember that when they first mention SW closet on thecshow, the site was not even up and running and took several weeks. That just show you how hard they work...

They should really check out Sister Wives Blog. There's a poster on there named Twisted Sister Wife and that chick has a REAL online store at cafepress and all her profits go to help women escape abusive situations. She comes up with oodles of cute ideas and products that the Brown ladies should be able to draw some inspiration from if they could think outside the box and not take their iconic selves so seriously. They could make serious bank if they would just have a sense of humor about themselves.

I have only watched the first season (all that's available on Netflix streaming), but didn't Meri work at one point, but was fired when it came out that she was a polygamist? Kody creeps me out! I've always thought Christine was childish - wanting to be the "last wife". I don't think she likes Robyn much. (At least that's the vibe I got from her when I watched season 1).

That "Super Woman" Pendant is UGLY, and at $93.50 WAY overpriced! I agree with the posters that said that they could really make some decent money with this website if they planned a bit better, and lowered their prices!

I have to admit Sisterwives is a guilty pleasure of mine!

• 2 years later...

I remember that when they first mention SW closet on thecshow, the site was not even up and running and took several weeks. That just show you how hard they work...

Exactly; this group does not appear to work hard ever!

Archived