IGNORED

Secret Life of the American Teenager

Little_Eyes

Yes! So awesome. Did anyone else notice the actress playing Amy was in the Felicity American Girl movie?

Ok, I've never watched SLAT, of course because it is stupid, but you all have made it sound hilarious! I think I"m going to start it on Netflix.

OMG. Does this lady ever, you know, talk to her kids? You think she'd realize that her kids have actual interests and events going on besides sex. Makes me wonder what she was like as a teen. :shock:

I feel like this show and 99% of Lifetime programming is created to make parents hysterical about how terrible their children are.

I feel like this show and 99% of Lifetime programming is created to make parents hysterical about how terrible their children are.

Yes! When she was talking I kind of went like this :confusion-scratchheadyellow: and then my head exploded. She always talks about how wonderful her girls are (I've met them; they truly are) and then she goes and says something like this.

Guest Anonymous

Woo watching it right now! I'm shameless in my love for it. I started watching it when it first started the summer before my junior year of high school. Of course I realize it isn't realistic and my boyfriend and his brothers mock me shamelessly for watching it.

Shailene Woodley lost her voice and they went ahead and filmed anyway wtf. It's quite annoying.

I just finished watching this week's episode. I agree it was annoying. Adrian is so ridiculous and has anyone else noticed Grace always has sex and then tries to "wait" again. It's annoying. Why not just have sex?

Shailene Woodley lost her voice and they went ahead and filmed anyway wtf. It's quite annoying.

Yeah, I thought she was sick (in the show) and then in the next scene it was gone. I had to rewind and make sure I hadn't lost my mind.

Adrian is so ridiculous and has anyone else noticed Grace always has sex and then tries to "wait" again. It's annoying. Why not just have sex?

I'm actually a bit worried that Adrian is going to truly and honestly jump off the deep end if she can't get Ben between the sheets. But she will because the way I see it happening is that he gets inebriated and they do their thing, and he doesn't remember it. She gets pregnant and he has more problems with alcohol. Did I say it was realistic? No. But what is on this show? Does anyone else have a theory as to how the Ben/Adrian thing will play out?

Grace is quickly becoming a 2D image of her former self. There's an old saying... something about a horse and a barn door.... that may very well apply. It's not like she's being abstinent because she made a choice (which is perfectly valid. Not trying to start anything) she's only doing it to get and keep Daniel's interest and to keep herself happy with the fact that she only has sex with men she's committed to. Could that be a hold over from her evangelical days? I also think that she has some confidence issues when it comes to actually having sex (as per her and Jack's conversation at the dance...). But's that is inference that may be faulty.

Yeah, I thought she was sick (in the show) and then in the next scene it was gone. I had to rewind and make sure I hadn't lost my mind.

I'm actually a bit worried that Adrian is going to truly and honestly jump off the deep end if she can't get Ben between the sheets. But she will because the way I see it happening is that he gets inebriated and they do their thing, and he doesn't remember it. She gets pregnant and he has more problems with alcohol. Did I say it was realistic? No. But what is on this show? Does anyone else have a theory as to how the Ben/Adrian thing will play out?

Grace is quickly becoming a 2D image of her former self. There's an old saying... something about a horse and a barn door.... that may very well apply. It's not like she's being abstinent because she made a choice (which is perfectly valid. Not trying to start anything) she's only doing it to get and keep Daniel's interest and to keep herself happy with the fact that she only has sex with men she's committed to. Could that be a hold over from her evangelical days? I also think that she has some confidence issues when it comes to actually having sex (as per her and Jack's conversation at the dance...). But's that is inference that may be faulty.

I think your theory about Ben/Adrian (Badrian? Maybe) will probably be what happens. I love how Ben's mother is suddenly an alcoholic. It just seems like whenever the subject of underage drinking is explored on a Brenda show it is curtailed by the parent(s) being alcoholics therefore that person can NEVER DRINK AGAIN or they will spiral out of control and pull a Robbie Downey Jr. after the first beer. If anyone watched 7th Heaven, Ruthie's friend Peter drank and was caught. He then immediately started going to Alateen.

I agree about Grace. I actually kind of liked Christian grace. I mean, at least I understood what she was about. Now it just seems like if she sleeps with a guy, she has to make it into a relationship or delude herself into thinking it's serious in order to justify it in her mind. She seems to still need to moralize and contextualize sex. Which, is probably likely if you grew up with the worldview she did. I just think it's over the top sometimes (like when her dad died and she thought it was because she had sex). I think she probably does feel insecure about sex because she associates it with guilt.

Oh man, I LOVE this horrible mess of a show! I'm pretty much only allowed to watch it Guys Night though because then I have the house to myself. Otherwise the hubby just talks about how horrible it is and how painful it is to watch and I'm like "DUH!!!! That's why I watch it!! SHUT UP YOU ARE DISTRACTING ME!!" :lol: He won't even say it's name, just calls it "The Bad Show" I don't always remember to watch it though so I'm a few episodes behind. When that happens I get to settle in and have a Bad Show, junk food fest. It's epic.

Haha...I've been watching this. I'm in Season 4 right now (or Volume, whatever they call them). So far I like Adrian, Ricky, and Ashley. lol It's pretty crazy tho. At least unlike Glee, the pregnancies are *slightly* more realistic...they're not finding out if the baby is a boy or girl at the 10th week!

The parents act like teenagers. It's not surprising how childish the teenagers act if their parents can't get it together. I've watched some but the parents frustrate me so much I can't enjoy it.

Oh God, I freaking love Secret Life. It's so ridiculous, and yes, Grace is annoying as hell right now. Plus, I don't know, EVERY parent. :roll:

• 1 month later...

So, what do ya'll think of the season finale? SPOLIER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think they'll get married? I was also really surprised at the Madison/Lauren thing, and deeply saddened by Alice/Henry.

Archived