IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Give Your Husband SEX!

It's like a trainwreck...

If Lori's fundy God does exist I imagine He would be getting mighty pissed off at being cherry picked so much in her blog.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know what Lori's illness or illnesses is/are that he is speaking of?

IIRC, she has chronic pain issues due to a car accident. I also recall another FJer mentioning that she had a brain tumor. I could be getting her confused with someone else.

Ken is such a creeper. That whole thing gives me the heebie jeebies.

Does anyone else think Ken cheated on Lori at some point and blamed her for not giving him enough sex.

I think that happened too. Lori's postings regarding sex seem to imply that trouble happened in the past. I think that could have been the reason she gave crappy advice to that pregnant woman. She might have feared that the husband was going to cheat. I also think Ken is a major creeper. I've said this before, but I give the PP a lot of credit for letting Zsu's blog be hers. I don't think PP has ever done any guest postings or published comments on Zsu's postings.

If sex for you takes about ten minutes, then y'all be doing it wrong...

Ain't that the truth. They must prefer quickies. :lol:

Ken can throw out all the bs he wants about "God's natural drugs", but I'm willing to bet my dye job money that Lori fakes it. Her views on sex are way too twisted to be that of a woman whose husband actually satisfies her in bed. No snark, that is truly sad.

I want to leave a comment telling her that she and/or her husband have made sex an idol and that she shouldn't be spreading idolatry because that's a sin, but I don't want to leave my email address on her site.

Ken can throw out all the bs he wants about "God's natural drugs", but I'm willing to bet my dye job money that Lori fakes it. Her views on sex are way too twisted to be that of a woman whose husband actually satisfies her in bed. No snark, that is truly sad.

I sometimes find it hard to snark on Lori and Ken because their views on sex are very twisted.

I want to leave a comment telling her that she and/or her husband have made sex an idol and that she shouldn't be spreading idolatry because that's a sin, but I don't want to leave my email address on her site.

Your post reminds me of Steve Maxwell. I don't know if Steve reads other fundie blogs. I can picture him sitting at his computer saying, "Idolatry. You are making sex an idol" after reading Lori's blog.

Here's a pretty decent post about the phenomenon of Christians idolizing virginity. After marriage, it seems that the idol switches from virginity to sex and I have personally witnessed the difficulties that paradigm shift can cause from sex is BAD and virginity is REVERED to sex is NECESSARY now that you're married. Ick ick ick.

rachelheldevans.com/blog/christians-idolize-virginity

So, let me get this straight -

Women "win their man" by shutting the fuck up and "giving" them lots of sex.

Men, sorry, but you can't "win" your woman, because we're stubborn and bitter. Better luck next time.

Am I reading this right?

So make another email with a fake name at one of the free places.

Here's a pretty decent post about the phenomenon of Christians idolizing virginity. After marriage, it seems that the idol switches from virginity to sex and I have personally witnessed the difficulties that paradigm shift can cause from sex is BAD and virginity is REVERED to sex is NECESSARY now that you're married. Ick ick ick.

rachelheldevans.com/blog/christians-idolize-virginity

That was an interesting read; thanks for the link. It's really great to read some of these conservative Christians questioning the wisdom of worshipping the intact hymen. On sex after marriage:

The women commonly suffered from so much guilt and anxiety surrounding sex due to everything taught to them that they are unable to have sex without either horrendous physical pain or emotional pain. The men all expressed shame and embarrassment as well, nearly all of them saying they apologized after they did eventually have sex.

Something is very wrong when something beautiful becomes something so burdensome.

The discussion of sexual purity and it's consequences made me think of a few great lines from the movie Real Women Have Curves: "Why is a woman's virginity the only thing that matters? A woman has thoughts,ideas, a mind of her own. A mind, and thoughts? Because there's more to me than what's in between my legs!

Archived