IGNORED

What are you listening to these days?

Freyacat

Funnily enough, I have listened to a lot of Weird Al this week. My daughters just discovered him, so we have been YouTubing some of his funniest parodies. I forgot how talened he actually is.

Funnily enough, I have listened to a lot of Weird Al this week. My daughters just discovered him, so we have been YouTubing some of his funniest parodies. I forgot how talened he actually is.

Have they discovered "Trapped in the Drive-Thru" yet? It's a favorite over here.

Have they discovered "Trapped in the Drive-Thru" yet? It's a favorite over here.

Not yet, will have to tell them to look for that one! "Eat It" is a family favorite, lol.

Today my mix was mostly salsa & raggaeton with Celia Cruz, Ilegales, Seo Fernandez, Marc Anthony, Latin Band, Ana Gabriel, and Daddy Yankee.

• 4 weeks later...

The Lone Ranger music. On constant replay.

(found some super cheap bouncy horses on craigslist and made the mistake of playing the William Tell Overture once for my kids making a video to show my parents. Now they ask for it every time they want to go for a gallop.) :happy-jumpeveryone: wow those smileys jump in time. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Has Paolo Nutini put out any new music lately? I liked that "New Shoes" song a few years ago, but it seems like I haven't heard anything from him in a long time.

Has Paolo Nutini put out any new music lately? I liked that "New Shoes" song a few years ago, but it seems like I haven't heard anything from him in a long time.

Why yes he does! Earlier this year he released the Caustic Love album. I've been playing Iron Sky on repeat.

• 3 weeks later...

Since my kids have taken over my car radio, I seem to be hearing a lot of songs about large posteriors. Please make this fad stop. At least All about that Bass is sort of cute, but it also gets into your head and won't leave.

ETA: I guess I'm from the Ross and Rachel school of inappropriate parenting:

This week is Hozier, Phantogram, Banks, and old Jem interspersed with some NOLA bounce.

*thread bump*

OMG Hozier. I'm currently binge-listening anything of his I can get my hands on.

Also listening to Marc Broussard (the "Carencro" album), 80s and 90s one hit wonders, and a lot of Depeche Mode. Seriously though, Hozier. :D

I heard Hozier on a mainstream station today which means the secret is out. :( On to the next! I got a feeling SBTRKT is about to blow up, too.

I've been in a freestyle mood today with Lissette Melendez, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, Stevie B., Johnny O., George Lamond, and TKA.

Joan of Snarc, I love the Modest Mouse. I'm going to go all hipster girl though and say I only really like the pre-Good News stuff. Lonesome Crowded West and Building Nothing out of Something are great cross-country American road albums.

I've been listening to this project lately. It's one of Jason Noble's last before he passed of cancer at 40. :( But everything the man touched turned to gold. It's one of his least-known projects, and I normally don't care for experimental stuff, because I feel too much of it meanders without purpose, but this is top-notch, and quite unusually emotional at times:

http://permission.bandcamp.com/album/skull-drones

(I particularly love So Tangled and Rough and Savage, Driver 1&2, and Morning Dub)

More here:

Love Modest Mouse too, but like you, mostly older stuff. Even though it was the hottest, grossest show of my life, I'm so glad I got to see them live before they blew up.

As for music here...umm, well this is just going to look silly, but Joywave. I'm obsessed currently.

Love Modest Mouse too, but like you, mostly older stuff. Even though it was the hottest, grossest show of my life, I'm so glad I got to see them live before they blew up.

As for music here...umm, well this is just going to look silly, but Joywave. I'm obsessed currently.

Not silly at all. I like Joywave, too. Today has been a Big Data, TV on the Radio, and The Drums kind of day.

Not silly at all. I like Joywave, too. Today has been a Big Data, TV on the Radio, and The Drums kind of day.

I love all those guys! Especially TV on the Radio. Still hoping to see them live one day.

I cannot stop listening to Kate Bush. My kids are tired of it.

Tell them that an internet stranger says you have the best taste.

• 3 weeks later...

Sleater-Kinney - One More Hour / Modern Girl

Los Hermanos - Morena

Cafe Tacvba - Como Te Extrano

RAC ft. Tegan & Sara - Hard To Hold

AOA - Short Hair

Teen Suicide - Lonely Boy goes to a Rave

Yeah, I'm pretty much all over the place.. haha