IGNORED

What are you listening to these days?

Freyacat

On 5/26/2016 at 10:51 PM, Geechee Girl said:

Gooey by Glass Animals. https://youtu.be/IIA1XQnAv5s

OMG. I was so addicted to this song when it first came out. It's just mesmerizing for some reason.

Plus, I really want to know what a "peanut butter vibe" is. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Plus, I really want to know what a "peanut butter vibe" is. :pb_lol:

Whatever it is, I bet it's smooth! ;)

• Upvote 1

The Loophole - Garfunkel and Oates

The College try - Garfunkel and Oates 

Beware! These song is not for the faint of heart. But it's hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

I've been on a huge Marissa Nadler binge lately. Her latest album Strangers is sublime.

Edited by IWriteFeministStuff

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Late to the party in an old thread.. but This ... This guy. anything he does.  

It depends on who's in control of the media on any given day-me, hubs or Kiddo. Me-depends on my mood-either pop or the latest Dr. John CD that my cousin has sent me. Hubs-talk radio (ugh).  Kiddo-pop, Kpop, anime music, jazz (cousin also sends CDs).

Guilty pleasure=Jo-El Sonnier.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly feel that music these days is getting worse and worse. Like no offense to P!NK, she is very talented but her songs back in the 00's were much better than her new recent, "just like fire". I mostly throw on a song from the 00's like Halo, Clocks, or if you want to get real classic sk8ter boi. But some older songa are good like pretty much all journey, free bird, take on me etc

PS AM I the only girl that never liked boybands?

• Upvote 2

No, @Kendra Ackerman, you are not-Kiddo has put alot of the music we listened to on the way to school on my MP3 player-Backstreet, Nsync.

Right now I'm kinda of experiencing Blue Grass due to a cousin expanding my listening horizons.

I'm pretty much a Jew-ish atheist, but this song is rather cathodic.  A good deep cry is what is needed sometimes. Gets me every time

even better version

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 1

I never knew this forum was here! 

One of my all-time favorite songs (sorry about the poor-quality video -- this is not one of their better-known songs, and I can't really find a better video). 

Rammstein is a sort of cross between metal and opera, and their lyrics are a cross between powerful/heartbreaking and raunchy 12 yo boy. Also, every single member is extraordinarily nice to look at, so there's that, too.

This is another favorite dating back to when I was a kid and listening to it on my dad's 8-track in his car, lol. 

And then something a bit newer:

• Upvote 1

I'm familiar with Rammstein - but only because I think their lead singer collaborated with Apocalyptica.  

• 3 months later...

I started listening to the new Chris Stapleton album yesterday and I'm already in love!!! 
Any other country fans here?

Watching Mark Knophler and Chet Atkins on YouTube right now. What an amazing find.

Edited by onekidanddone

I was listening to and watching some silly stuff just to make myself laugh (think "Ma Na Na Na" by The Muppets and "I Want To Be A Lifeguard" by Blotto, but then decided to watch one of my all-time favorites:

The level of musicianship on this song always takes me aback. I've seen PMG several times live, and they never disappoint.

• 1 month later...

I'm switching between the Anastasia OBC recording and the 2016 Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof recording.

Mostly I'm listening to the same stuff I always do. James McMurtry, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Mary Gauthier, John Haitt.  I get stuck in a rut some times.

Listening to this right now on YouTube.  Just found out about him.

• 1 month later...

I loved Nirvana back in the day.  

I had some icky personal stuff that happened at the time this song came out.  It made me not want to listen to them anymore, they were a reminder of a time I wanted to forget.

But I just came upon this video. After all this time I love them still.

They're better live and acoustic, don't you think? :)

Edited by Jucifer
  • Love 1

More of my favorite songs...if anyone cares. ;)

A favorite of mine and also a good one for this forum is:

Edited by Jucifer

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This is on repeat in my car....when I'm feeling homesick for VA...Robbin Thompson was a local sort of artist, he never got that big break. He wrote and performed with Bruce Springsteen, Timothy B Schmidt (bass player, Poco & the Eagles) and others. His song "Sweet Virginia Breeze" is the Virginia state song. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=robbin+Thompson+at+the+norva

• 1 month later...

Been into some mellow and alternative R&B lately. Here are some: 

Miguel - Adorn (a classic) 

Spoiler

Emeli Sande - Garden (beautiful visuals on this music video) 

Spoiler

FKA Twigs - Kicks (makes me want to body roll into the sunset) 

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

My current obsession albums, of which one is always playing in my car are Go Climb a Tree by Gaelic Storm (2017), Bookmarks (2013) by Five for Fighting, It Doesn't Have to Make Sense (2016) by Ingrid Michaelson, and Cleopatra (2016) by The Lumineers. I really love all four as albums, looking at each as a body of work. I'd say Cleopatra is probably my favorite. 

(Putting my crochety middle aged woman hat on) I'm still on the fence about iTunes. On one hand, I like being able to only buy the songs I like. On the other hand, when I've bought a CD, sometimes a song that doesn't really get radio play really speaks to me, and it becomes my favorite song on the album, even more than the ones that you do hear on the radio. Also, some albums are fantastic as a body of work, showing where the artist was at that point in time. I love the progression of songs as the artist creates an auditory experience. To just pick a song or two off of these albums, misses out on part of the artist's journey for the listener. 

• 6 months later...

Bad Religion, Cobra Starship, Distillers, Flogging Molly, Warlocks, Stiff Little Fingers, All American Rejects, Backyard Babies, The Damned, Danko Jones, The Bronx, Feeder.