IGNORED

What are you listening to these days?

Freyacat

Currently going through a huge Aaliyah phase right now. I was really young when she died, and surprisingly, my RnB junkie parents had never heard of her.

Edited by Alicja
  • Upvote 2

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:34 AM, morri said:

I was big into Aha in high school (I graduated in '88), & LOVED the video for "Take On Me". The above is pretty good, too!

Is Aha still around?

Edited by LadyCrow1313
forgot to ask a compelling question
  • Upvote 1

Otep's new cd, Generation Doom, was released today (but I'd pre-ordered it & received it two days ago). Three words to describe it: Ho. Lee. Shit. It's guaranteed to melt your face off, & that's a promise!

:chi-yes:

Got a hankerin' to throw it back to the 90s last night, and pretty much listened to almost the entirely of these guys' first 3 albums ("Chrome," "Ferment," and "Happy Days":

Rob Dickinson is....hawt. (And is first cousins with Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden).

In this video, he is quite defrauding in his unbuttoned shirt while playing the guitar:

• Upvote 1

Love the diversity of taste in this thread. 

Currently listening to Jhene Aiko, Amy Winehouse, Duffy, early Rihanna, Lana Del Rey, Kimbra Janelle Monae, Solange,  Adele's album '19', Florence + The Machine (one of my favourite artists), J.Cole, Childish Gambino and Of Monsters and Men. 

Also some Bob Marley, Machel Montano, Missy Elliot and FKA Twigs. 

I also LOVE soundtrack music. Hans Zimmer's 12 Years a Slave Soundtrack is Amazing. Butnothing can beat the Prince of Egypt and Lion King soundtrack. The Tudors and Frozen have pretty good tracks as well. Oh, and Avatar (with the blue people). 

• Upvote 4

Mother Beyonce has blessed us this weekend with 'Lemonade: The Visual Album'.

The imagery, the poetry, the eclectic sounds, the pain and love in it all. The way she brought to the forefront the experiences of black women, particularly Southern black women. And police brutality. And her own personal struggles. And love; all different types of love. Just Wow. 

• Upvote 3

On April 16, 2016 at 11:03 PM, EyeQueue said:

Got a hankerin' to throw it back to the 90s last night, and pretty much listened to almost the entirely of these guys' first 3 albums ("Chrome," "Ferment," and "Happy Days":

Rob Dickinson is....hawt. (And is first cousins with Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden).

In this video, he is quite defrauding in his unbuttoned shirt while playing the guitar:

Ooh, another Catherine Wheel fan. Ferment is one of my all-time faves, shoe gaze or otherwise (shoe gaze is still one of my favorite genres). Rob Dickinson's solo album, Fresh Wine for the Horses, is pretty good too. More mellow than CW's stuff but he's got a great voice.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sparkles said:

Ooh, another Catherine Wheel fan. Ferment is one of my all-time faves, shoe gaze or otherwise (shoe gaze is still one of my favorite genres). Rob Dickinson's solo album, Fresh Wine for the Horses, is pretty good too. More mellow than CW's stuff but he's got a great voice.

Oh God oh God oh God! I have never met very many fans! Ferment is also one of my all-time faves. I just listened to Rob Dickinson's solo stuff the other week, and am ashamed I missed it before. He has a bomb-ass voice.

Check out him on a San Fran radio singing "Heal" (I think from Happy Days).

I could seriously drown in this guy's voice. *sigh*

• 2 weeks later...

I've been obsessed with Hamilton since it was at the Public, and have pretty much only listened to Hamilton or Hamilton-adjacent music since then. Lin's other shows (21 Chump Street is brillant), and songs/albums by the other cast members. I will likely NEVER get to see it on Broadway, so this is all I can really do.

Currently? It's a whole lot of Daveed Diggs. Man can this guy spit bars.

• Upvote 1

Making my way through Bjork's catalogue. Started with Homogenic (great album), and worked my way back. Now I'm headed off to listen to the newer stuff. Also listening to a lot of Swans.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Geechee Girl said:

@applejack Thanks for turning me on to something new. :my_smile:

I've been feeling nostalgic and listening to "The Crow" soundtrack. It reminds me of my club days.

Oh, damn. Now I need to get out The Crow soundtrack. I've had that movie hanging out on my Netflix cue forever and need to introduce my daughter to it pronto.

*sigh* The 90s.

• Upvote 2

@EyeQueue I rewatched it last week. I got at laugh at how awful Top Dollar's weave doesn't blend throughout the entire film. R.I.P. Brandon Lee :5624796058123_Aseaoftearscrying:

• Upvote 2

lately i've been binging on prince, for obvious reasons. i've put on a few songs by other artists, but i just keep coming back to him.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Love Radiohead's new one. They're one of the few bands that I've stuck with from the beginning, despite their growing popularity. I tend to drop most artists once they become popular, not because of the popularity itself, but because their sound/style changes (which probably accounts for their popularity) and it's no longer to my liking. Radiohead just keeps on making great music.

I think I need to say popularity one more time.

• Upvote 2