IGNORED

What are you listening to these days?

Freyacat

Recently got super into the band ∆ (Alt-J). They're sort of a Radiohead-esque, introspective alt-rock band. Currently my all-time favorite of theirs is a song called Taro, which is about the death of the war photographer Robert Capa and his reunion in the afterlife with his longtime love Gerda Taro, who was also a war photographer killed in the line of duty.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

I MUST HAVE CALLED A THOUSAND TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES

But for realsies, this song is on repeat for me right now (and the SNL sketch with everyone reenacting the video is hilarious).

On 11/25/2015, 11:31:34, FrumperSeamstress said:

Currently Hamilton!

Still Hamilton. Non stop. I am so in love with it.

I dusted off my Michael Buble Christmas cd to listen to while ironing today.

currently though I'm failing to sleep (it's 1am), and I'm unfortunately listening to a cacophony of my husband snoring, some damn birds making an almighty racket, my daughter getting up and down (she can't sleep as uni results come out in the morning), the ceiling fan whirring and clicking, and the dog who is snoring on and off. Unfortunately.

I've contemplated putting a few select Christmas Songs into my ipod playlist.  And then I do something like go to the grocery store, the mall, Walmart and hear stuff that grates my soul and postpone the endeavor.  I've volunarily listened to one song - Do You Hear What I Hear by Home Free.  

• 2 weeks later...

To feed my loud, obnoxious side: The Libertines' Anthem for Doomed Youth

To feed my twee indie side: Rogue Wave's catalog

To feed my traditional folk side: Someone new (to me, at least), Anais Mitchell, who I discovered while googling Fairport Convention's version of the Scottish song Tam Lin. The versions are completely different but equally beautiful.

Fairport Convention: https://youtu.be/jy3ihk205ew

Anais Mitchell and Jefferson Hamer: https://youtu.be/c3yTEUnyYDA

• Upvote 1

I have just discovered Disturbed (always a day late and a dollar short, I am).  My son posted their cover of Sound of Silence on my fb page and I fucking FREAKED THE FRACK OUT.  I'm in love with David Draiman's voice.  The fact that he is a NY boy from Brooklyn born in the same month as me and is hot as hell doesn't hurt. :56247955dd693_32(12):  I'm madly listening to everything on youtube and will be ordering cd's on amazon forthwith.  

• Upvote 1

Just Adele and old rock... If anyone has a recommendation on current good music, it would be much appreciated!

I'm trying to put together a new running playlist, since I'm upping my mileage now and need some new stuff to listen to to motivate me. Anyone have suggestions? I love stupid, trashy pop because it generally has a steady beat, but I could also do with some aggressive/fast-paced hip hop and rock/metal.

Also, Sigur Rós is my new study jam provider. They're not so good for running, though.