Oh, I remember this site. It irritated the crap out of me during my FLDS-snarking phase.

Yes honey, because abuse victims NEVER have any moments of happiness in their lives. Especially in a subculture where "keeping sweet" is the epitome of godly femininity or some such bullshit.

:angry-banghead:

I will say this- those pictures with the huge sunglasses on the babies are kind of cute. I haven't read past that first post yet, though.

those photos of the jessop family are fascinating, though. they're linked on the right side.

Ugh...on top of everything else that I take issue with regarding the FLDS...that horse corral is abominable....accidents waiting to happen for horses and kids alike.

I found this on that site

Friday, July 11, 2008

Top Ten Signs You Are A Victim of Religious Persecution

10. When people talk about where THEY live it is a four-plex, apartment building or ranch. When they talk about the four-plex, apartment or ranch YOU live at, it is a compound.

9. Your religion is constantly referred to as a cult, or a sect.

8. The state decides how your children are to worship by taking away their religious documents and scriptures.

7. When you move to a state, laws are changed specifically to target your religion.

6. The only adults in your state NOT allowed to MARRY at 14 or 16 years old are the members of your congregation.

5. Based on looks given to someone in a courtroom, you are now religious fanatics and are prone to violence.

4. The state accepts birth certificates as proof of age for everyone, except those practicing your religion.

3. You can't have your children back unless you denounce your religion, and take classes learning how to think like them.

2. Your leader is put on the top ten most wanted list, and hunted like a terrrorist; for performing a wedding ceremony.

1. The children of your religion are hauled away in buses displaying the name of another church.

Marry at 14??? Only if with a million other requirements, and only in a few states. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age

This is so ridiculous. Additionally, I read the "Truth about Flora Jessop" one, and it pointed out that the author (Gary Naler) is a nutcase in the comments: http://fldsview.blogspot.com/2008/07/flora-jessop.html

Whoa, Pliggy, I just went to the site for The Curse.

"As this book clearly reveals, the root of this Curse lies in women, the black man, feminized men, the church, and is even rooted 3,726 years before in Abraham."

Sorry, but this is not a journalist that I'm going to take seriously. He's clearly a homophobic, mysoginist bigot. He may have told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth with the Flora and Ruth and all situation, but he lost all credibility with the basis of his book. I'll keep an open mind on what you say but his word is simply hot air.

I also dislike the attempts to discredit any and all cries of rape or abuse from women. I'm pretty sure whoever's writing doesn't believe in the existence of spousal rape or honest women, and takes the man's word over the woman's every time. Disgusting.

Warren Jeffs has been in the news a lot lately. Not surprising, his antics. Firing his law team (again) to delay (again.) He needs to face it--he's going to jail. He thinks he won't get justice because he know he won't win. That's because HE'S WRONG.

I'm so glad he got a woman judge. :mrgreen:

When I was in Cosmetology school, I would do those hairstyles on my long haired mannequin. :lol: :D

Archived