IGNORED

FJ Homeschooling

JesusFightClub

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have degrees in biological anthro and English/medieval studies. The Beast has advanced degrees in bio-anthro. I can offer classes in writing/composition, language arts, British lit from the beginning through the Victorians, Western Civ through the Victorians, Latin-- classical and medieval, Anglo-Saxon, Middle English, and Gothic languages. I can also teach Arthurian lit, women's lit, Chaucer and his contemporaries. The Beast can teach paleoanthro and forensic science.

OOh. Just realized that if I hearken back to my younger days (before I moved to a cold place) I could give a class in non-modest dressing and impractical shoes. I'm a skirts mostly woman these days, but not because of modest (you should see some of my skirts) I just don't like wearing pants. However, I can really rock a mini-skirt and tights and my boots and tights look was once described as "bitter divorcee" I'm not divorced, but I can definitely do bitter. Perhaps it could be called "non-modesty and not keeping sweet"?

So, you're saying we need a class in general sluttiness and bitchiness?

saynomore_zps601bfbd0.jpg

Yes, I'll do it.

:twisted:

Just realized I can teach sex ed complete with healthy relationships and consent training. We shall put condoms on dildos and there will be all kinds of anatomical correctness.

OOh. Just realized that if I hearken back to my younger days (before I moved to a cold place) I could give a class in non-modest dressing and impractical shoes. I'm a skirts mostly woman these days, but not because of modest (you should see some of my skirts) I just don't like wearing pants. However, I can really rock a mini-skirt and tights and my boots and tights look was once described as "bitter divorcee" I'm not divorced, but I can definitely do bitter. Perhaps it could be called "non-modesty and not keeping sweet"?

Maybe it's just the Duggars, but I think fundie girls have impractical shoes down pat already.

The Duggar girls have impractical, UNFLATTERING shoes (flipflops) mastered. Impractical sexy footwear, not so much.

Not keeping sweet= Assertiveness training! :D

Oh, and I will give the BOYS mandatory packing lessons. Pissing me off that the J'Slaves have to pack for their brothers.

Oooooo I'll teach something! Okay, I'm in my 3rd year of undergrad, but I'd still be better than the average fundy parent at teaching.

I can teach history from the fall of Rome to about the Civil War, basic political theory, and provide a basic introduction to women's/gender studies. I'll also teach writing, creative and otherwise.

Oh, and music theory plus flute lessons. I'll even offer my services to create a marching band.

Edited because I should definitely not be teaching anyone to type. :?

I could teach Math, History, and Biblical Studies. I would probably be okay at Biology or Chemistry and maybe Physics after I take it in the fall. I have a Bachelors in Biblical and Theological Studies and since there are almost no jobs where that would be useful, I am getting another degree in Mathematics for Secondary Education with a minor in History.

I agree with what others said about the qualifications. A family member who homeschools told me I would be all set for homeschooling my daughter with that degree. I do not think I could do a decent teaching English beyond elementary level or any foreign language. Both my husband and I agree, that we would probably not be able to meet all of our daughter's educational needs if we homeschooled. For this reason, we are making sure we will live in a great school district when she starts kindergarten.

Did your Loebs translate the whole thing? I can't remember what edition it was, but I've run across old school editions of Catullus that left some poems untranslated, because according to the enlightened editors, they were inappropriate for students especially now that more and more of the "fairer sex" are beginning to read Latin.

I've taught a little bit of Catullus in an intermediate readings class, but I admit that I stuck to the safer ones. I don't want to be the one to corrupt the youth. :-) Even then, my students got pretty confused. "Wait a minute! What's going on here? Is she having sex with the sparrow?"

Ah, yes. When I took Latin, I had a choice of Cicero or medieval, then Ovid or Catullus. I went the medieval / Ovid route because Chaucer, but my friends who took the Catullus class had these looks of wonderment on their faces at lunch.

Archived