IGNORED

Top Chef

micatite

Does anyone else watch this show?

I'm over the moon because 'Ding, Dong, the Josie Witch is dead!'. Okay, not really. But she did have to pack her knives and go, thank the million little kitchen gods. May I never have to hear her annoying laugh again!

I love this show! I'm behind and need to catch up, but I'm really glad to hear that Josie is gone. She just grates on my nerves. I hate her "Chef Josie" headband. It bothers me on a level that I can't explain.

Her headband only bothered me after the dude with glasses on his forehead left. Those glasses pissed me off WAY too much - I was so glad he got eliminated when he did or I think my head would have blown up (since that's easier to deal with than turning off the darn show...)

I love Sheldon and I like Brooke. Stefan entertains me though I feel guilty about that cause he can be such a jerk. Josh can twirl his mustache while he packs his knives next week, I hope.

I still love that we had Bart Vandelae on the show (thank you George Costanza.)

I love Sheldon, too. Stefan bothered me more his first season; this time around he's been OK until maybe the last couple of weeks. I like Josh, for the most part. I liked Josie a lot more her first season. She's needed to concentrate more on making good food and less on being a character this time around. C.J. is one of my favorites. Yeah, I know he's been eliminated, but I like him just the same. I liked Kristen, too, and thought she might win it all.

Anthony Bourdain wrote in his book (the title if which escapes me ATM) that Top Chef would maintain its integrity as long as Tom Colicchio was head judge. I tend to agree.

I'm crossing my fingers that Kristen will be back via Last Chance Kitchen.

I'd like to see that, too. I hated that she got eliminated during Restaurant Wars though I understood the judges' decision.

Who should be in the finale? Sheldon, Brooke and Kristen?

Is there somewhere to watch Top Chef online? I love that show, but I am a poor college student and I only get to watch cable TV when I visit my parents.

I will have to check it out I think I only managed to see the Canadian one ... the joys of being in Canada and most sites I try to watch something on say I am in the wrong country... off to youtube to see if by chance there is more there for me to watch.

Who should be in the finale? Sheldon, Brooke and Kristen?

Those three get my vote this time around - though if Stefan sneaks in somehow, I'd be okay with that.

I lost interest in this show after about season 5, tuned back in for the all-stars season, but haven't been able to find much interest in the recent seasons.

I will have to check it out I think I only managed to see the Canadian one ... the joys of being in Canada and most sites I try to watch something on say I am in the wrong country... off to youtube to see if by chance there is more there for me to watch.

Top Chef Seattle is currently playing on Food Network Canada, relatively contemporaneously to the American broadcast schedule.

I love this show! I'm behind and need to catch up, but I'm really glad to hear that Josie is gone. She just grates on my nerves. I hate her "Chef Josie" headband. It bothers me on a level that I can't explain.

Know why you hate the headband? Because chefs shouldn't call themselves chefs. It used to be that chefs called themselves "cooks" and bristled at being called "chefs" because that's calling yourself "chef" is calling yourself "boss" which brings up the mental image of that French guy you chopped onions for back when you were a kitchen bitch.

Now that cooking is hip and stuff, though, everyone's a chef! You took a cooking class at the YMCA? Chef! Oh, you need help with your Hamburger Helper? Oui, Chef! In a second, Chef! Just let me put on my headband.

(You can tell how much this grinds my gears due to the fact that I'm responding to a month old post.)

Archived