IGNORED

Meredith visits the family for Xmas; Elliot goes to Africa

Hisey

I ASK my husband to get me flannel jammies! ;-) For summertime, the long cottony sleeveless ones, too. I call them my grammy jammies. He hates them, but they're so comfy! lol I will admit, I make my kids matching flannel jammies. I used to use all the same gender neutral fabric, but now I do a separate pattern for the boys and the girls. Pajamas are a bit of an obsession for me.

RE: Mission trips to foreign lands to do manual labor (repairs, repainting, etc). If the money spent to fly a half dozen or so people to the other country, pay for their expenses, etc were spent on hiring local workers who often know how to do the repairs better than the mission/tourists, the community would not only have a repaired facility, but would have an influx of cash into the economy. Per my step MIL, who grew up and lived for half her life in a country where mission tours come and do the work, it is sometimes seen as a bit of an insult to come and paint a wall....

I ASK my husband to get me flannel jammies! ;-) For summertime, the long cottony sleeveless ones, too. I call them my grammy jammies. He hates them, but they're so comfy! lol I will admit, I make my kids matching flannel jammies. I used to use all the same gender neutral fabric, but now I do a separate pattern for the boys and the girls. Pajamas are a bit of an obsession for me.

Lanz nightgowns are a great gift (remember the writer is mommy Alexander) and Stephen has that "I so do not want to deal with the in-laws now" look on his face.... Not going to interpret random pictures as trouble in paradise: Joy and Timmy would bug anyone with a working brain. Soulhuntress is thanking MIL for cool and useful gifts.

RE: Mission trips to foreign lands to do manual labor (repairs, repainting, etc). If the money spent to fly a half dozen or so people to the other country, pay for their expenses, etc were spent on hiring local workers who often know how to do the repairs better than the mission/tourists, the community would not only have a repaired facility, but would have an influx of cash into the economy. Per my step MIL, who grew up and lived for half her life in a country where mission tours come and do the work, it is sometimes seen as a bit of an insult to come and paint a wall....

My sneaking suspicion is that such 'Mission trips' are a) not about repairing stuff, or at least not primarily, b) about converting people (obviously) but also c) about reinforcing the religious message in the missionary him/herself. In that sense, does actual 'success' matter if the missionaries come back on fire for Christ? It's a form of affirmation at best and indoctrination at worst.

Lanz flannel nightgowns were always well-made & very warm.

Vermont Country Store sells a lot of them and this seems to be the one Mere & Margaret are wearing:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/stor ... gown/42364

I am wearing a Vermont Country Store flannel nightgown this very minute! I've never been comfortable in pajamas (they tend to crawl up my leg at night), and the nightgowns they sell are warm and comfy and also nice and long--ankle-length, which i prefer in the winter.

That said, I realize they're probably the least sexy sleepwear in the world.

I see nothing wrong, though, in the cute mother-daughter ones, which look appropriate for Christmas-morning pictures. Mother-daughter outfits were occasionally popular when I was younger. When my daughter was about eight (mid-'80s), she fell in love with a mother-daughter Christmas outfit she saw in a catalog (lace-collared blouse with pearl buttons, floor-length pine-green skirt), so I got them for us, and she was thrilled.

Many of the pictures were taken discretely, because the largely Muslim populace frowns upon having pictures taken of them. Much like the Amish.

"Discretely" = sneakily.

If they don't want their picture taken, then DON'T TAKE THEIR PICTURE!

Guest Anonymous

I wouldn't be surprised if Meredith selected the matching nightdresses herself. She has a lot of that kind of stuff on her pinterest wall.

I have lots of questions about 'most intense scholar ever' Stephen, but I don't see him shopping for flanelette nighties. I could easily see Meredith wanting to wear them to play happy families on the long lonely days she spends alone with Margaret, while Stephen is away on active service.

At least he referred to the Muslims as being moral. Honestly, that is more than I expect from any fundie. I'd be surprised if my fellow average Oklahoman would admit so much.

Anyone remember that creepy poem Sullivan wrote for Steven?

alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/happy-birthday-stephen.html

I note they changed "Muslim" to "enemy". Lol.

I'm sorry, but I am most offended by their hunting photos. The nightgowns at least have a warm feeling about them. Dead animals with boasting humans next to them? Not so much.

Guest Anonymous

Anyone remember that creepy poem Sullivan wrote for Steven?

alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/happy-birthday-stephen.html

I note they changed "Muslim" to "enemy". Lol.

I'm sure the line that would have been fed to him was that Muslims are moral people and very sincere... but sincerely wrong in their understanding of the gospel. The distinction between north and south would have been made to emphasise the godlessness of the people who drink in bars.

Archived