IGNORED

Kristina's daughter Kloe is "sassy"...

0 kids n not countin

I don't believe that she does not "pop" her kid for being sassy, I think she said that she does not so people would put down her parenting.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry for my typo what I ment to say was "she says she does not "pop" her daughter so people would not challenge her patently style

• 4 months later...
That makes four kids in three years. My uterus hurts.

For real. And she's got to be setting herself up for serious health problems down the road. With that spacing, those pregnancies are just going to use her up.

If they can't use birth control, why can't they (or, more likely, Josh) abstain for a little while? A woody is not a message from God, dude.

This one actually has a name that doesnt look like someone ate alphabet soup and then puked it back out.

I don't have kids, but my sister has three, and so far five has been the worst year with all of them. Her son is five right now and he was such a sweet kid until about three months ago. She said it happened so fast that she wanted to look deeply into his eyes and say, "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY SWEET CHILD?" Thankfully she is an great mom and she handles it with love and guidance. It helps too that she's been through it with her daughters already.

Her daughters are now nine and ten, and super awesome: sweet, funny, affectionate, brave, and so smart it actually kind of scares me sometimes. They are going to leave their mark on the world. No doubt about it. And I believe that it is partly because they have been treated with such respect their entire lives. Older daughter in particular would be a fundie's nightmare: she is tough, assertive, and strong-minded. She can smell somebody on a power trip from a mile away, somebody who just wants to throw their weight around because they can, and she will blatantly disregard everything they say. She would have been the kind of child who laughed in the face of the fundie parent and chanted "doesn't hurt! doesn't hurt!" as they beat her until their arms got tired. You know what else she is? Kind-hearted, and helpful, and energetic, and hilarious. She is a total Deadpan Snarker. She is the Defender of the Downtrodden. She got in trouble for punching a bigger boy who was bullying an autistic child at her school. If you treat her with reasonable respect and talk to her like she matters, and explain to her the reasons behind why she should do something, she will be the fiercest and most agreeable ally you ever had. But DO NOT go on a power trip with this child.

It actually makes me sick sometimes, thinking about what would have happened to her in a fundie home. In a home that followed the Pearls' sick teachings. Parents like that might actually have ended up killing her. They sure as hell would have killed her soul.

Archived