IGNORED

Kristina's daughter Kloe is "sassy"...

0 kids n not countin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope she's not still hitting those kids. I fear that this time next year - when she has a three year old, toddler twins, and a baby - she will really go into the crazy and become one of those off the grid moms who predicts the end times and starts using family cloth and wheat berries all the time. I mean, let's face it - she and Josh are not educated or media savvy enough to become a Duggar or Bates family, and the natural child spacing some moms get from breastfeeding doesn't seem to work for her. They are going to end up with a bunch of kids and no way to improve their lot, and I fear it could get ugly. I hope I'm wrong; the other possibility is she could have a change of heart about some of her convictions and become more fundie lite. I hope that's what happens.

(Also, she thinks her TWO year old is sassy? Well, she's in for a shock when that kid gets to be three, because me and many of the moms I know felt like our three year olds are much harder than when they were two!!)

Oh good god! They're worse at 3?!?!?! I don't know if I'll survive that. LOL. Don't get me wrong, my kid isn't a bad kid. He's just entered that phase where he throws fits anytime he doesn't get his way (complete with throwing himself on the floor and rolling around) and he constantly whines. To the point that I want to shove a knife in my ear. This all started after Christmas. We're going on a month now and I'm contemplating moving out of the house until he's ready to start school.

Oh good god! They're worse at 3?!?!?! I don't know if I'll survive that. LOL. Don't get me wrong, my kid isn't a bad kid. He's just entered that phase where he throws fits anytime he doesn't get his way (complete with throwing himself on the floor and rolling around) and he constantly whines. To the point that I want to shove a knife in my ear. This all started after Christmas. We're going on a month now and I'm contemplating moving out of the house until he's ready to start school.

It depends on the kid. For 2 of my 3, three was infinitely worse than 2. For the other, her big moment was 2. BUT, 6 has been a challenge and don't get me started on the tweens. You may want to leave the house till he's ready to start college :D That being said, most 2 yo sass is pretty darn cute and is usually a direct reflection of what you've been saying to them. They want to try it out too! You can gently tell them they can't say those words and then ignore. No popping needed.

I think they are getting WIC. It seems like when she and I got into it about govt assistance she said she got WIC and medicaid for the kids (and probably her when pregnant)

Bravo Treemom for getting into it with Kristina. Maybe you gave her some food for thought.

Bravo Treemom for getting into it with Kristina. Maybe you gave her some food for thought.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(for the times a like just won't do)

All three of mine have been worse at 3 than at two. My 2 year olds have been pretty easy to trick:

Me: Would you like to have/do this?

2yo: NO!!!!!!!! :snooty:

Me: Okay, you can't have/do it :naughty:

2yo: I WANT (to do) it!!!! :angry-screaming:

Me: Okay, here it is/you can do it.

2yo: :dance:

Me: :dance:

But three year olds don't know what they want, are much harder to trick, and reverse psychology stops working. However, just when I want to sell my youngest (3, of course) to the circus, she'll do something exceptionally cute and endearing and then I'll remember that I love her and that she's not much more than a baby and I'll think about how lucky she is that she's still adorable. Of course, that's not going to work when I eventually have pre-teens and teens :doh:

Oh good god! They're worse at 3?!?!?! I don't know if I'll survive that

Ah yes, the therrible threes. Followed closely by the fuck-you fours, the year every child I know discovered that it is FUN to use their words. I'm not sure if we heard "I hate you" more or "I'm not gonna be your friend", but it was just a fun time all around.

Invest in earplugs and take to drink, that's what I always say.

Ah yes, the therrible threes. Followed closely by the fuck-you fours, the year every child I know discovered that it is FUN to use their words. I'm not sure if we heard "I hate you" more or "I'm not gonna be your friend", but it was just a fun time all around.

Oh gosh- I had forgotten all about four year olds and their "words". One of mine had a bad case of that. I have never had a three year old who was worse then two, and really my two year olds were easier than 18 months, which I think is the worst age. My youngest may break that trend, though. She is just now three so we'll see.

The screaming sixes are still my favorite, though.

Four sucked. I just remember it as one yearlong tantrum. Strong liquor was a close and personal friend 8-)

four and eleven, worst years ever.

Oh hell. I thought we were done until he was 13 or so. I've got two more years then eleven. :D

Terrible Two.

Threenager.

No clever line for 4 because I drank a lot of wine that year.

(5 has been pretty decent, but she's in Evil Public School now and has figured out that Mom is actually pretty darn awesome.)

I really hope they r not hitting their child for being sassy. She's 2 for g-d sake, maybe she is doing for the attation I mean she got 2 younger siblings ( even before she got the chance to be an only child) & mommy is having another blessing.

"I never knew my 2-year old could be sassy" is up there with "I can't believe my toddler dumped his toys on the floor after bedtime" (ThatWife) for the "clueless fundie mom" award o'the week.

And they are both pregnant. :doh:

Oh hell. I thought we were done until he was 13 or so. I've got two more years then eleven. :D

12 has been awesome. But some of that I think is because we climbed Kilimanjaro this summer shortly after his birthday. It was a deeply bonding experience for the boy and my husband and myself.

Plus it was the trip we treated him most like an adult....and I feel like that really made the emotional 11 year old boy chill into a 12 year old who I adore almost all the time. Plus he is weirdly cuddly sometimes now,...for the first time in years. A few weeks he came up and laid in bed with me and we watched movies while his dad was at work (we were felled by the flu). He hugged me for a bit and called me mommie-o. Which makes my heart melt.

Anyhow, 5 and 12 have been my favorite years. Total butterfly, sunshine and puppy dogs.

"I never knew my 2-year old could be sassy" is up there with "I can't believe my toddler dumped his toys on the floor after bedtime" (ThatWife) for the "clueless fundie mom" award o'the week.

I wouldn't put it past these fools to think that sassy kids are that way because parents of sassy kids aren't True Christians of the King James Bible and Faux Modesty like them. Cause parents control personality and stuff...

Those poor wee babes being hit for being themselves.

Three was rough for us. He was very articulate, even at two (hell, even at 1.5; when we came home for Christmas, my dad couldn't believe how talkative- in full sentences- my son was. He still hasn't shut up to this day, lol), and by three, he had some very strong likes and dislikes, and he was pretty stubborn. We had a lot of tantrums that year, but when he started up, I would sit down right next to him and tell him that I could wait far, far longer than he could tantrum, and that when he was finished, he would still have to do whatever it was he was throwing the fit over (usually something like putting his toys in the bin; a few times, I kind of half-picked him up and would walk him over to the toys, use his hands to grab them and dump them in the bin. He hated that, lol). When he got three-year-old mouthy, I made him stand with his nose against the wall for three minutes. He REALLY hated that. But he learned that he wasn't going to get his own way over these things, and ZOMG I did it all without smacking the shit out of him. Suck on THAT, fundies. Today he's 10 and is extremely polite, ridiculously helpful (he suggested on his own last week that he should set the table every night), incredibly sweet (he makes me breakfast in bed at least once a week- I need to figure out how he cooks oatmeal, because it's always perfect, never watery), and very smart.

Moral of the story- be consistent with your expectations and consequences, and eventually, your kids will get it. :) Three doesn't last forever, and four was much easier for us.

Nearly every parent I know has said that their kids were tougher at three than two. As a teacher of three year olds, I can believe them!

It's developmentally appropriate, though. They're asserting their individuality and testing their boundaries. This is the time for "I don't like what you did/said, but I'll always love you." I doubt these kids are getting that.

It's developmentally appropriate, though. They're asserting their individuality and testing their boundaries. This is the time for "I don't like what you did/said, but I'll always love you." I doubt these kids are getting that.

The problem I seem to get from the Fundie people what we discuss here is that they DON'T expect their kids to do developmentally right things, meaning they expect their kids first words/first full sentence to be about a Bible passage, they expect them to WANT to tell total strangers about Jesus.

Yeah, three has been rough for us. At two, sometimes he'd throw a tantrum when he didn't get his way, but it was pretty easy to redirect him with something else. He was also only concerned about what he wanted. Now at three, first of all he doesn't redirect as easily, so he will keep throwing a fit a lot longer when I tell him no. Plus now he will sometimes be obnoxious solely because he knows it's pissing me off. He now knows how to irritate me, and he does it deliberately to push his limits. I just have to remind myself that is a totally normal process for kids to go through. I had heard 4 got better though, and now the stories in this thread are scaring me! That said, though, three is also awesome at times because I can finally start to have real conversations with my son, and he's pretty hilarious. :)

In Kristina & Josh land, 'sassy' means getting whipped on a regular basis for showing character and personality. The babies must be forced to respond on command and never, ever be curious or interested in something or worse, attempt to know their own mind.

In Kristina & Josh land, 'sassy' means getting whipped on a regular basis for showing character and personality. The babies must be forced to respond on command and never, ever be curious or interested in something or worse, attempt to know their own mind.

AGREE!!!

According to Kristina, no, they don't "pop" Kloe for being "sassy"...

Facebook Comment:

Does she get "popped" for being "sassy"? That is developmentally appropriate behavior for her. Please stop hitting your kids.

Kristina's response:

No, she doesn't. I understand a little bit more about kids, especially my kids than you may want to think.

My three year olds sucked so much because it wasn't about frustration or trying to get their way or any if that.

It was solely about fucking with me.

Archived