IGNORED

A Real Dilemma for Bathroom Baby

Morton Fan

Feeling like you are going nuts and accusing your toddler of deliberately following you around to try to drive you insane are somewhat different. And the posting of the nine different shots she took of her little boy obviously desperate to get to a toilet is simply sick, especially in conjunction with her resentful comments.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have the feeling T1 is always going to be her scapegoat. I've seen her type before. She may even turn T2 into a golden child just to solidify his position. Hopefully 2 is another boy; T1 will probably compare even less favorably to girl.

^^^

That description in your last paragraph is a classic sign of child abuse - one "perfect" child, and one "scapegoat" child. Of course, this is different from mere off-to-the-side comparison descriptions of children. Seeing someone constantly punish one child for no reason at all while the other child never getting in trouble (and the parent even coming up with excuses for that child when they get in trouble with other people) is a big warning sign.

Let's hope it doesn't resort to that.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived