IGNORED

A Real Dilemma for Bathroom Baby

Morton Fan

The bed is a "Montessori bed" because T1 goes to Montessori preschool

If it were anybody but TW I'd say that their kid must not be interested in outlets. But with her you never know.

Sure. Kids aren't interested in outlets until the moment they decide to be interested.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are they going to sleep when thier 3? 4? year old is still awake playing? My nephews 3 and my sister makes sure hes asleep before she even starts thinking about bed. Also 'stay in your room and play' no way would any 3 year old i know follow this!

Poor child.

""Jan 11: Remember yesterday's sleeping picture that made him look like an angel? All of that is thrown out the window the moment he wakes up. This is a tantrum thrown because I refused to go upstairs with him so he could pee (what's wrong with the downstairs bathroom????)""

Have you all seen this? WTH is wrong with this woman that she can't just go upstairs to help him pee? potty training is soooo important!!! I get that she is really pregnant and all, but HELP YOUR CHILD!

http://instagram.com/p/UWaTyxLqlc/

This, I don't blame her for. It sounds like they were downstairs, and he wanted to go upstairs to use the bathroom. But, they had a downstairs bathroom that could be used. I wouldn't take my theoretical kid upstairs just because he was throwing a tantrum either. I would offer to help him use the downstairs bathroom.

""Jan 11: Remember yesterday's sleeping picture that made him look like an angel? All of that is thrown out the window the moment he wakes up. This is a tantrum thrown because I refused to go upstairs with him so he could pee (what's wrong with the downstairs bathroom????)""

Have you all seen this? WTH is wrong with this woman that she can't just go upstairs to help him pee? potty training is soooo important!!! I get that she is really pregnant and all, but HELP YOUR CHILD!

http://instagram.com/p/UWaTyxLqlc/

Again poor child, isnt potty training about encouraging your child to go to the bathroom, not useing a bathroom that suits you because you cba to walk upstairs! :x

This, I don't blame her for. It sounds like they were downstairs, and he wanted to go upstairs to use the bathroom. But, they had a downstairs bathroom that could be used. I wouldn't take my theoretical kid upstairs just because he was throwing a tantrum either. I would offer to help him use the downstairs bathroom.

I totally get where you are coming from - and would enforce a rule like that for an older child. However, she had plenty of time to sit there and take his picture (which is rather humiliating, at best). But its too much work to walk upstairs?

Also, when a child is potty training, I think its very important to take their lead, and be as encouraging as possible. I am of the mindset that a child that age gets to choose where they go to the bathroom and its the mom or dads responsibility to assist.

Shes probably now researching parenting methods that would allow her to leave his food and water on a bowl on the floor that she can change a few times a day...or maybe one of those water things that you get on the side of hamster cages.

A friend of a friend felt so overwhelmed by her 6 children that she threw the food on the kitchen floor and yelled, eat you animals!!!!

She also put them to bed fully dressed, so it saved time in the morning.

Is that ALL the toys the child possesses? Surely there are more that don't fit in the 'designated' baskets?'

The mattress on the floor thing. Based on what a chore simple parenting is to this woman I would imagine it is so she does not have to get up if he falls out of bed.

Here's a crazy idea: Interact and actively play with your toddler (both mom and dad). Then have a bath, a few snuggles and stories and tuck him in. Maybe you'll need to turn on some music and lie on the floor beside his bed and sing or talk for a little while. He'll like the cozy routine and be more likely to go to sleep. Sure, this takes time and effort but you do it because you are the parent and this is your job.

Why was his first reaction (or so she says) "I be careful with my toys mama". Why was it not "look, mama! It's a ------- ( horse or whatever he has)"?

Generally when a three year old is playing with their toys, their thoughts really are not with being careful, even if the kid is just careful by nature. Why was the poor thing worried about her being mad after being told he could play with toys? He really is a kid I want to take home and give lots and lots of attention to, just like Lauren's sparkly brood.

I know, I was wondering the same thing!

That's really strange!

Makes me worried :?

Here's a crazy idea: Interact and actively play with your toddler (both mom and dad). Then have a bath, a few snuggles and stories and tuck him in. Maybe you'll need to turn on some music and lie on the floor beside his bed and sing or talk for a little while. He'll like the cozy routine and be more likely to go to sleep. Sure, this takes time and effort but you do it because you are the parent and this is your job.

Children love a daily sleeping ritual of singing, reading stories or whatever, it gives them a warm secure feeling.

Make sure it is the same every day! Don't try to shorten, change, or rush it (dinner guests have to wait a few minutes) because they will most certainly not accept it :D

Oh, sweet memories...... :violin:

I actually bought a relative's 1 year old a crib recently because the kid was still sleeping in a pack-n-play and that just reminded me too much of T1. Although the relative is much more interactive with her kids than TW.

I totally get where you are coming from - and would enforce a rule like that for an older child. However, she had plenty of time to sit there and take his picture (which is rather humiliating, at best). But its too much work to walk upstairs?

Also, when a child is potty training, I think its very important to take their lead, and be as encouraging as possible. I am of the mindset that a child that age gets to choose where they go to the bathroom and its the mom or dads responsibility to assist.

My son will insist on using one bathroom over the other even when we are right next to the other one. I insist on him using whichever one we're closest to at the time. Sometimes he screams about it for a minute but then agrees to use the closer one. We have a townhouse with one upstairs and one in the basement it takes awhile to reach the other one (he moves slowly on steps) much less time then he will typically fuss about using the current one.

However I wouldn't take pictures. I have never taken pictures of my son's tantrums although my MIL always runs to grab her camera when he cries. :roll:

The bed is a "Montessori bed" because T1 goes to Montessori preschool

If it were anybody but TW I'd say that their kid must not be interested in outlets. But with her you never know.

According to Montessori principles, parents need to "be aware of anything that can be pulled down, wires, and table cloths, anything that is light enough to be toppled over- light tables, floor lamps etc., anything that things can be inserted in, power points, crevices in walls, sofas, etc. Make sure as well that the child may not find anything that they can swallow."

In addition, "Do not put all toys in one large box as it does not have any order. It will also give children a hard time to look for things they particularly want if they need to rummage through a lot of other items."

If that's the explanation, then she is half-assing it (not snarking on you or your explanation, but that she seems to be cherry-picking the "Montessori principles".

This mom comes across as the most detached, self-absorbed and non-loving mother I've read. Poor little kiddo. She just doesn't seem to treasure her child. Most of us give our children the best that we can. This little guy seems to be getting the very least--and it's wrong.

Those pictures are heart breaking. He is so distressed, doing all he can not to pee himself...and all she is doing is taking photos of it. I am sure that if he had an accident she would have lost her mind. How is this little boy going to grow up with any self worth?

I think the really really scary part is that this crazy mother thought her toddler dumping a basket of toys out to play with in a "non organized" manner was so shocking that it was worthy of a blog post! How out of touch is this crazy woman? I wonder if her next post will be about how he dared to color outside the lines of his coloring book! How horrible! :shock:

Those pictures are heart breaking. He is so distressed, doing all he can not to pee himself...and all she is doing is taking photos of it. I am sure that if he had an accident she would have lost her mind. How is this little boy going to grow up with any self worth?

Here's the full exchange with the photo:

thatwifeJan 11: Remember yesterday's sleeping picture that made him look like an angel? All of that is thrown out the window the moment he wakes up. This is a tantrum thrown because I refused to go upstairs with him so he could pee (what's wrong with the downstairs bathroom????)2w

whitneykathleen His tantrum's don't involve throwing himself on the floor? I'm jealous.2w

thatwife@whitneykathleen no, more like following me around and staying as close as possible to make sure I go insane

Yeah, I'm sure your two year old's aim in life is to make you go insane.

She's one incredibly nasty, narcissistic bitch. Poor T1. And poor soon-to-be T2.

thatwife@whitneykathleen no, more like following me around and staying as close as possible to make sure I go insane

There is a quote from somebody who should not have more kids. Probably should not have had any in the first place.

To tell the truth, I cannot imagine what on earth would possess anybody to make a comment like that short of severe ppd, maybe. In which case she should probably stop having kids until it is fully treated.

There is a quote from somebody who should not have more kids. Probably should not have had any in the first place.

To tell the truth, I cannot imagine what on earth would possess anybody to make a comment like that short of severe ppd, maybe. In which case she should probably stop having kids until it is fully treated.

Some days when I had two toddlers and a baby I felt like the toddlers were going to send me insane with their constant presence, even when I tried to go to the toilet or have a shower. I understand where that comment is coming from.

It's her many other posts that make me think she shouldn't have had kids.

Some days when I had two toddlers and a baby I felt like the toddlers were going to send me insane with their constant presence, even when I tried to go to the toilet or have a shower. I understand where that comment is coming from.

If it were by itself, I might think she was joking. I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But it's not, as you said, and anyway, she didn't simply say that it's annoying (definitely true), she said that it is a "tantrum" that he consciously does to upset her. That's just... well, it strikes me as a very unbalanced view of toddlers.

Feeling like you are going nuts and accusing your toddler of deliberately following you around to try to drive you insane are somewhat different. And the posting of the nine different shots she took of her little boy obviously desperate to get to a toilet is simply sick, especially in conjunction with her resentful comments.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have the feeling T1 is always going to be her scapegoat. I've seen her type before. She may even turn T2 into a golden child just to solidify his position. Hopefully 2 is another boy; T1 will probably compare even less favorably to girl.

This mom comes across as the most detached, self-absorbed and non-loving mother I've read. Poor little kiddo. She just doesn't seem to treasure her child. Most of us give our children the best that we can. This little guy seems to be getting the very least--and it's wrong.

It will only get worse when she pops out kid number 2. she will have two kids to ignore let's pray to yah/jah/science she stops after 2. Or gets off her iphone to parent her children. She is one of the worst candidates for quiverfull parents.

I wonder if she had post partum depression and that is why she'd stick her kid in a playpen and surf the internet for 10 hours a day? She really seems to want to fit the happy mormon sahm mold but she's a s'uare peg.

More parenting fail: Jenna buys T1 a used bike helmet, takes pictures of it sitting wrong on his head, and asks us if we think it's on properly.

What's next? "Hey guyz, my kid is playing outside by the swimming pool, do you think I should go out and check on him?"

Archived