IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

I remember it being on mentioned on the CF husband thread that Tricia and Nate attended Liberty. My guess is that she probably has the same views as Nate, but isn't as a vocal as him. I have checked out the FB page for his upcoming book and there hasn't been any new info since November or December. I would probably read that book if got published. There was something about Nate's blog that doesn't annoy me like burn victim/mommy blogger Stephanie Nielson.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I figured that she had the same views, but at least she stays quiet, unlike her husband.

I was reading my CF friend's recent journal entries, and she said she asked her CF doctors if having a baby and CF causes declines and lower PFTs/baseline FEV1's, and he said that is quite common, which would make sense. Not that it causes organ rejection after transplant, but it explains why all the CF mom's I know have gone downhill after having their kids.

I've read Nathan's blog since before Tricia had her first transplant. I remember thinking how incredibly selfish of them it was to have a baby when she was in her current situation. I, for one, can't imagine choosing a situation where my child will be severely delayed in order to have my dream of having a baby. Sometimes, maturity means letting go of one's childhood dreams (I've had to do it).

That said, I didn't really dislike him until I started reading his Twitter. His comments about abortion just make me seethe. When he talked about taking Gwen (a child) into the two doctors who suggested an abortion, I wanted to scream. The doctors didn't force her to get an abortion, just suggested it based on her current physical situation. Personally, I think they chose to get pregnant. (I don't know why it bothers me so much).

Abortion makes me uncomfortable. There are very few scenarios where I think I would get an abortion. The day I realized that I was for abortion being legal was when I realized that if any of my female family members were going to get one regardless of any suggestions otherwise, that they should be able to get a safe abortion. After that, I realized that my opinion isn't always the right one and that I should allow others to have their opinion.

Anyhow, it does make me sad to see his wife in such pain - I wish the best for her - but, I don't know if the outcome is going to be the one that they want...

He is on quite a roll today.

This quote makes me rage. Yeah, fetuses don't have an opinion on abortion because they don't have the cognitive capability to form an opinion.

I've read Nathan's blog since before Tricia had her first transplant. I remember thinking how incredibly selfish of them it was to have a baby when she was in her current situation. I, for one, can't imagine choosing a situation where my child will be severely delayed in order to have my dream of having a baby. Sometimes, maturity means letting go of one's childhood dreams (I've had to do it).

That said, I didn't really dislike him until I started reading his Twitter. His comments about abortion just make me seethe. When he talked about taking Gwen (a child) into the two doctors who suggested an abortion, I wanted to scream. The doctors didn't force her to get an abortion, just suggested it based on her current physical situation. Personally, I think they chose to get pregnant. (I don't know why it bothers me so much).

Abortion makes me uncomfortable. There are very few scenarios where I think I would get an abortion. The day I realized that I was for abortion being legal was when I realized that if any of my female family members were going to get one regardless of any suggestions otherwise, that they should be able to get a safe abortion. After that, I realized that my opinion isn't always the right one and that I should allow others to have their opinion.

Anyhow, it does make me sad to see his wife in such pain - I wish the best for her - but, I don't know if the outcome is going to be the one that they want...

His comments on abortion that annoy me mainly because he ignores the cases in which women abort for health reasons. The doctors in Tricia's case were acting based on her physical situation. It irks me that Nate continues to make them out to be the worst people in the world. There are some blogs that hard to read at times especially if they involve abortion rights and health problems or disabilities. There is a Catholic blogger that I'm following whose son has Down syndrome. I like that blogger quite a bit, she is very involved in her son's care and therapies. This blogger didn't have prenatal testing done and she didn't find out until her son's birth. She once blogged about how a lot of DS pregnancies are aborted and that she would never abort. If a couple feels that they can care for a special needs child and not abort that is their choice. With others, there can be various reasons to why they want to abort. The Catholic blogger is nowhere near as bad as Nate when it comes to abortion rights. She has only talked about it a couple of times on the blog and she has a twitter account, but never tweets. But I sometimes feel that if I actually knew her she would freak out if I said I'm pro-choice.

Having that child was irresponsible. She was given a gift with that first transplant, and now that douchecanoe Nate wants applause for Tricia having had Gwyneth while they go back to the transplant well for the second time.

My hope is that Tricia gets well enough to dump his sorry ass, take the girl, and leave.

Nate seems to also forget that legal abortion means having safe abortions. People are going to do it no matter what, might as well make it legal so women have access to it.

I don't know what went through Nate and Tricia's heads, trying to get pregnant. In her position, I would have had my tubes tied or something to prevent pregnancy. Not worth risking my health.

I do sympathize with Nathan and Tricia. They had the desire to have a family which is something many people have. But their situation wasn't ideal. It's like Pearl said sometimes maturity letting go of certain things. I have known a couple of women who have decided not to have children because of health issues.

I thought this tweet was kind of sad and weird. I know that Buttefly Kisses is a heartbreaking song. But I wonder why Nate would think that is best to keep Gwyneth from never hearing it until she gets married.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

If my daughter makes it to her wedding without ever having heard "Butterfly Kisses" I will consider my parenting journey a grand success.

I thought this tweet was kind of sad and weird. I know that Buttefly Kisses is a heartbreaking song. But I wonder why Nate would think that is best to keep Gwyneth from never hearing it until she gets married.

I know a few girls who have made that their father daughter dance song... perhaps he doesnt like it and doesnt want her to make him dance to it.

Hes an idiot. The only reason he doesnt know women who have had abortions they dont regret is because he limits his social circle to people who share his beliefs. I have known three people who had abortions and the only one who feels bad about it was one who really wanted a baby but her fetus had problems which meant it wouldnt live (but she went on to have a healthy baby girl a few years later). There are also plenty of other people who have talked about abortion online and are pro choice who have had abortions that they didnt regret.

I think a lot of people who argue against abortion confuse a woman's regret over the circumstances that led to her choosing an abortion with regret over having had one.

What this crapweasel doesn't seem to take into account is historically, when abortion was an uncertain/illegal/unsanitary practice, you know what one of the main methods of pregnancy termination was? Infanticide. Whether active killing of the child, or through exposure and/or abandonment.

Somehow, these pro-life/anti-abortion people manage to ignore that whole bit in history. You would think that they'd be interested in preventing infant deaths, not causing more of them!

If they were pro-life they could be expected to be for safe, legal, and sanitary abortions in order to make sure at least one life was saved in the procedure and to support social programs to help with the costs of raising children, strengthen health care coverage, that sort of thing. But these same "pro-life" nitwits like to cut the same social programs that help poor families and provide low-cost birth control. It all seems to come down to punishing a woman for having sex, not being "pro-life."

I think a lot of people who argue against abortion confuse a woman's regret over the circumstances that led to her choosing an abortion with regret over having had one.

Actually, what I should have also said was that having regrets over that choice also doesn't mean every woman who's had one thinks it shouldn't be an option for other people.

Again Nate is whining about Beyonce.

Beyonce has such an amazing voice. A shame she spends most of her time not singing. #superbowl

Interesting twitter conversation with Nate and another guy regarding Ray Lewis. The Ray Lewis/friends incident in Atlanta has always been a shaky subject. I have never known what to think about that incident and the legal results. But either way Nate references the Bible. But if Nate followed the Bible completely he would be in prison.

Brian Wickens ‏@wicksational

Did #RayLewis just say God is a #Ravens fan and by default dislikes the #49ers?!

@wicksational you should hear what he has to say about all tha Bible stuff about murder...

2h Brian Wickens Brian Wickens ‏@wicksational

@NathanLawrenson probably... "Stab the other cheek."????

I agree, he is insufferable.

He wouldn't be so bad if he weren't an intolerant a-hole, but everything has to be his way. You can disagree with someone respectively.

Sidenote: To be honest, I'm really surprised Trish is still alive. She hasn't been reactivated and without reactivation, she won't get new lungs.

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

Alright food nerds, reality check. All the food in those pictures is poop by now. Minds blown, you're welcome.

Jeezum H. Crackers, is there anything this guy won't criticize? Is his only passion in life Duke sports and complaining?

Jeezum H. Crackers, is there anything this guy won't criticize? Is his only passion in life Duke sports and complaining?

It's gross, but it's a quote from The Simpsons, so he didn't make it up, at least.

lol about Duke sports. I didn't follow college basketball for a few years. I have gotten into following college basketball again. Years ago, I remember tons of people complaining about Duke. Not that I'm reading Nate's twitter, I can see why. Someone asked Nate about he felt about the racist themed party that happened recently at Duke.

Brianne Wolf ‏@wolfpack229

@NathanLawrenson .... Being the huge Duke fan that you are, what are your thoughts on this: http://gawker.com/5981941/outrage-at-du ... pular=true …

@wolfpack229 I don't really have any. stupid college students I guess.

Nate's response is vague and I bet he doesn't even care about what happened. Other schools have had similar scandals regarding certain theme parties.

It's gross, but it's a quote from The Simpsons, so he didn't make it up, at least.

My near-encyclopedic knowledge of the Simpsons has failed me. Must be from a more recent season.

My near-encyclopedic knowledge of the Simpsons has failed me. Must be from a more recent season.

Last year's season, I think. I had just watched the episode that day, oddly enough.

Archived