IGNORED

Planned Survivalist Community

tropaka

The sooner these right wingnuts separate themselves from the rest of society, the better. I hope they all go live in walled-off communities and take their guns and jeebus and Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin with them. It can't happen soon enough for me. Any idiots who believe it's a good idea to arm 13-year-olds need to be removed from civilization. I am surprised this community isn't going to be built on Alabama or Mississippi, though (if it happens.)

Not commenting on you post per se...

Just want to tell you how much I love your username. Not that there is a contest but, IMHO, it's the best one on FJ yet. :clap:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gets juicier - apparently one of the players in all this is a convicted extotrionist (surprise!) and other survivalists/sovereign citizens are attacking him/the plan:

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/19/convict ... l_project/

Sparks are flying between S.Cs allready! Gotta love it.

If the whole project happens and their S.Cs compound in Idaho is runnin' in a few years, I sure hope that we'll get to hear about the real American Patriot's way of settling accounts: with a duel. Yes, the good ol' fashion duel. Not that sissy French duel with swords, no siree, a real manly gun duel. Lawsuits are too expensive, so fuck 'em. You find your wife in bed with the munition factory's young nightwatchman? Duel the fella. You found out that the new guy that just moved in from New York state is the one that went into your garden and stole two of your marijuana plants? Duel the thief. Finally, after a week of nibbling around in your 18 year old daughter's computer you just found the name of the son-of-a-bitch that did some "heavy petting" with her. Never mind that he's the 22 year-old son of the Christian Identity "Reverend". Duel the one who sullied yr daughter's honour!! When you get to discover the identity of the "traitor" that blogs anonymously about the Citadel and reveals events that only some of the inhabitants know about, like that time a young black man happened to wander "accidentally" near the entrance before the guard told him in no uncertain terms that he must turn away...More than just talking went on, and since the blogger wrote the truth it got picked up by the NY Times and CNN ,among other degenerate liberal media. Ever since we see more and more black helicopters hovering above...Duel?? Naw...

(Above paragraph written tongue-in-cheek)

I would be scared shit-less to live anywhere near there. A collection of rednecks, hyped up about survival, surrounded by weapons, and egged on by each other's stupidity? Yeah I'll pass. I wonder what the communities surrounding that area think of this.

Oh, hells yeah, THIS ^^^. I see this place as being like Idocracy, but contained to 20 acres. We've had our fair share of Gordon Kahl-types in ND and they all claim to want the same thing, but when push comes to shove, it all falls to pieces. They don't have a "community" where compromise is a part of the deal. They're mostly a bunch of selfish greedy types who desire nothing more than a shit-ton of attention.

Not commenting on you post per se...

Just want to tell you how much I love your username. Not that there is a contest but, IMHO, it's the best one on FJ yet. :clap:

Awww, thanks. BillyGsCheesyWeiner got a lot of love on the "Introduce Yourself" thread, and that is a pretty good one. Although I don't really like to think about his weiner, cheesy or not.

TalkingPointsMemo has an article about The Citadel today:

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... hp?ref=fpa

It's interesting to note that one of the head wackos spent years working for the evil gubmint. Isn't that always the case? My mom's cousin would be a perfect candidate for this place. Carries his guns "ever'whar in case uh truble" and thinks the gubmint is sending black helicopters to get him every day. 'Cause he's so knows so much. 'Cause he worked his entire life pushing papers for TVA.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Only brave patriots who always hold their assault weapons at a phallic angle are tough enough to take on a 30-year mortgage, I guess.

Sure tells you the target pool of rubes for this scam, doesn't it? If you are so ignorant about home ownership that you have no clue that a 30-year mortgage is also a "lifetime lease" payable in 30 annual installments, give us your money! We'll take real good care of it. :shifty:

Oh, right, a 30-year mortgage also comes with the terrible encumbrances of having full-time professionals survey the property to make sure that nobody's septic system is dangerously close to anybody else's well, the foundations aren't rotten, there are no bizarre and possibly flammable things going on with the wiring . . . irrelevant stuff like that. I guess it's more patriotic to have your cousin's stepdad's buddy who worked on a construction site one time swear up and down that nothing's going to go wrong.

Oh man, I can't get over the 30 year lease thing! Another thing it implies is that, since it is a lease, not a contract for deed, that when you kick off the lease ends. So you never actually "own" the property. How are you going to hand it down to your gun totin' 13 year olds?

Well, the lifetime lease at least explains how they will get around property tax - they won't! Individuals may not have to pay taxes directly to the county because they don't own the property, but the property owner will, and the funds will come from the monthly payments residents make. Same likely goes for any community maintenance/improvements that an HOA would normally cover. Can't wait for every apartment complex and landlord in the country to start boasting that you can avoid paying taxes if you just sell your house and rent!

Then, when the deed holder to the property stops paying their taxes.....

I'm at a loss to understand how they can achieve self-sufficiency on a 20 acre piece of land, if they're expecting to become home to 3500-7000 people.

ETA: Never mind. I saw on their site that they were looking at buying 20 acres. Apparently they meant to say 2000 acres. SOTDRTFTW.

I thought the 20 acres sounded a bit small for that many families, too, but I know some city lots are tiny and the houses are packed together. That doesn't seem like the kind of place a survivalist would be looking for, though. 2000 makes more sense!

Me too. What's delicious is that whoever coughs up that seed money or patriot fee or whatever it's called will be giving up money they could have spent on guns and ammo to a guy who can't even own a gun. Oh, that and they deserve to lose cash for lack of critical thinking skills. In our house, we call that the stupidity fee (as in, can't remember to remove cash from your pockets before putting clothes in the wash? Stupidity fee)

I have that in my house. I'm the one who does the washing and my rule is check your pockets because anything i find is mine; whether it be snotty tissue, conkers or £20 note. Over the course of a year I usually find enough to buy hubby's Christmas present! Since New Year I've already found almost £9. At this rate I'll be able to treat myself too.

Good idea about the "finders fee" in the laundry Sola! I'm the one who does our laundry here, so yeah I should say "finder's keepers!" to whatever I find in bf's pockets..

Back to our Sovereign Citizens' planned citadel here....I went to look at the "plans", and it does look very medieval to me. Will they also bring back indentured servitude and knighthood? Will the founder and his family be considered their "royal family" ? Will there be super canons at the top of the citadel's fortification walls, along with regular snipers spending hours up there waiting for their "enemies" to come? Only now instead of catapults and arcs it'll be super canons and automatic rifles. How the hell will they keep the feds or the state tax collectors if they want to come in without starting a bloodshed? Thinking about it, it does suck that some stupid people might get ripped off in the near future with their fees but this could be the "best" thing that happens with this "project". If, and I say if, this gets off the ground with more than 30 families in the compound, I really don't see how it could turn out well for everyone whether they're living there, outside the "walls" or in the same state a few miles away...

I'm terrible in maths, so I don't really understand how their leases work. How will it work? Is it a similar "scam" than the "ownership" of mobile homes?

ETA: went to their site. Love, love the fact that they'll have their own "stockade-jail". How is that gonna work? Will they have their own trials? Will a sentence available be tar and feathers? Or "hanged drawned and quarted" for attempted "coup", in public?? My imagination is going into overdrive with this.

Gotta love the fact that their plan is to have leases available for the homes and plots, not outright ownership. Surprising, when I keep hearing how much "private property" is sacred to them "C.S Patriots". Monkey see monkey do?

ETA: went to their site. Love, love the fact that they'll have their own "stockade-jail". How is that gonna work? Will they have their own trials? Will a sentence available be tar and feathers? Or "hanged drawned and quarted" for attempted "coup", in public?? My imagination is going into overdrive with this.

Public whippings, I bet you money.

Will there be a King's Justice? Or will the King be expected to carry out the punishment he chose, ala Eddard Stark. Will there be jousting? Swordplay?

Maybe I'll just start a Song of Ice and Fire Theme Park.

I have that in my house. I'm the one who does the washing and my rule is check your pockets because anything i find is mine; whether it be snotty tissue, conkers or £20 note. Over the course of a year I usually find enough to buy hubby's Christmas present! Since New Year I've already found almost £9. At this rate I'll be able to treat myself too.

My parents had that rule until the day my dad left a $100 bill in his jeans. They wouldn't let me keep it.

My parents had that rule until the day my dad left a $100 bill in his jeans. They wouldn't let me keep it.

I had that rule with my ex husband. He was a criminal law barrister who did a lot of cash work. I once found $5000 in his pocket, and that's when (despite my arguments) the rule was suspended!

Now I tend to only find Lego. A lot of Lego. And iPod headphones. Those things will live through a wash cycle too.

Wonder if they'll have some kind of "debtor's servitude". Like someone owes $500, can't pay it in due time. Now has to do for $500's worth of yard work at the owed party's property...If he doesn't want to do it, off to their version of the Bastille he goes.

If they really want to live like Jefferson, maybe they should forgo electricity.

Oh, and only own the guns Jefferson would have used...so basically muskets.

Can't really see either of those happening somehow...

John Stewart spoke of the Citadel on his show, and also discussed Glenn Beck's proposed city, which comes out strangely communistic and sort of dictatorshippy. Because there will be no Gap or Ann Taylor, and though Shelly Obama can't tell him he can't stuff his face all day with french fries, in his town, he can make everyone eat local foods. And not fries. But it's OK because FREEDOMLIBERTYUBERALLES.

It was quite hilarious, as expected.

Video is here: http://www.hulu.com/watch/451397

It might happen but honestly a ton of people propose communities like this on communal directory sites and they rarely ever actually get off the ground.

Archived