IGNORED

The Little Couple

Lillybee

I came looking for this thread, because they are my favorite reality tv folks!

I still cry every time I watch the episode where they brought Zoey to the hotel for the first time. I was impressed that Will knew enough to run around behind Bill so he could see Zoey's face! And the way he kissed Zoey and wanted to touch her, how he shared his toys with her and wanted to read to her. So precious! And Bill is right, that kid has something more in him when it comes to caring for others.

The only time I cringed watching this show was when Bill put Zoey on Santa's lap after she'd already freaked out about Santa and wanted her Baba for security and protection. I get that he wanted a first Santa picture of Zoey, but she was so clearly terrified, it just seemed cruel.

As for religion, they cross themselves after saying grace at meals, so I assumed they were Catholic.

And don't the credits show them as being co producers or something? I would venture they have quite a bit of say about what is filmed and how they are portrayed.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill once said something about his family doing the feast of the seven fishes on Christmas Eve so he may even have a bit of Italian in him. Also for some Italians, the first piece of cake is the lucky piece.

I do remember hearing Bill say once that he's Italian, or maybe Jen referenced it. I just wonder how his dad, Mr. Klein which is a German name, feels about him identifying his Italian-American. Oh well, no real biggie.

Oh, and the church they got married in sure looked like a Catholic cathedral to me. For what it's worth.

So I tried to watch the Duggers last night wound up fast forwarding through my DVR copy – and seeing Jen & Bill's faces on the TV as the Duggars ended? – What a relief!

Love the way they're teaching Will to speak better, and including Zoe at it. Lucky second child gets the pour-over benefits all the time, Eh?

I do have a piece of advice for the speech therapist: to help Will with his K sounds, talk about cake! He doesn't seem to have any problem pronouncing his K sounds when the word is cake!

• 4 months later...

Has anyone else noticed the recent post by Dr. Jen of Zoey? Zoey seems to be developing a very large growth on the right side of her head. I don't think I am seeing things but wonder if they have been trying to cover it up in the shows and Dr. Jen is beginning too show it now?? She is a beautiful little girl and hopefully this is not true.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxJsfhCCEAIPTxr.jpg:large

Isn't Zoey a cutie. Does anyone know how old she is now? It looks like Zoey just has a big bump on her head from a fall. Hopefully that's all it is and is nothing serious. I love Jen and Bill. I think they call the shots with their TLC show which I am glad for. They are a very down to earth couple who deeply love each other, and want a normal life for themselves and their kids.

I don't think that's a growth on Zoey's head. She has er hair pulled back and the angle oof the camera makes her look like she has a growth on her head.

Has anyone else noticed the recent post by Dr. Jen of Zoey? Zoey seems to be developing a very large growth on the right side of her head. I don't think I am seeing things but wonder if they have been trying to cover it up in the shows and Dr. Jen is beginning too show it now?? She is a beautiful little girl and hopefully this is not true.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxJsfhCCEAIPTxr.jpg:large

It just looks like the angle of the light. There's some strong light coming on her right side, reflecting off her forehead.

• 8 months later...

Very excited this show is back tonight!!! I just love this family so much. If ever there was a leg to hump....ha! I'll take Bill and Jen over JimBob and Michelle any day....

• 2 weeks later...

Read their book. It pretty much re-tells their story as a couple, knitting together things that have been mentioned on the show and providing background on the treatments they both endured as children.

Read their book. It pretty much re-tells their story as a couple, knitting together things that have been mentioned on the show and providing background on the treatments they both endured as children.

Read the book, too. Really a good read, especially for fans of the show. So glad they've got new episodes airing again, and I'm hoping it's more than the five-episode "season" we got back around Christmas! And, BTW, tonight, they show Will going to his first karate lesson and Zoey going to her first ballet class, and it looks freakin' adorable!!! :mrgreen:

I've been reading the comments on the Little Family and, (as I said in a Duggar forum re: the Paul Peterson letter about his concerns about the lack of protection for children in reality shows) I can't help but be a little uncomfortable about the show now that they have kids. I like Jen and Bill, and they are great with their kids. They do seem like normal caring people (although, really, how can you possibly really know with reality tv) but even if they are good people, being on tv all the time changes things. I wouldn't want their seemingly great family dynamic to get messed up by the pressures of being on camera so much, and I sure wouldn't like it to ever be a problem for the kids. Jen and Bill are adults and its up to them if they want to play with fire, but the kids can't give their informed consent.

I hope there are no skeletons waiting to come out of their closet. This is the one reality show I actually like. Having said that, since Joshgate, I have my guard up.

I hope there are no skeletons waiting to come out of their closet. This is the one reality show I actually like. Having said that, since Joshgate, I have my guard up.

My thoughts exactly! But I would think that they've been pretty thoroughly vetted at this point, with Jen being a doctor and them adopting two kids, so hopefully there's nothing too awful in their pasts!

I hope I didn't imply that there are any skeletons in Jen & Bill's closet. Although I obviously have no way of knowing for sure, they just don't give off that kind of creepy vibe. All I was trying to say is that the pressures of having a reality show seem to increase the risk of things going wrong in the future.

I hope they are being vigilant (because I don't trust TLC to care about the kids). My one argument in favor of the show from the kids' POV is that they may have attracted attention/stares anyway. This is a way of taking control, not being seen as an object of curiosity, and allowing people to have any questions answered AND to see their lives enough to relate to them as individuals.

You didn't imply anything, PPD. I don't get a creepy vibe from Jen and Bill either. I guess Joshgate has me a little paranoid.

I love the little couple. They have a really cute family. I think they do try to put their kids first. But it does attract unwanted attention on the kids.

I love The Little Couple! Honestly, I'm a bit sad that the endless episodes of 19KAC weren't replaced with more Little Couple reruns, because I started watching during their last try at pregnancy with the surrogate, and I would like to catch up on more of their backstory.

The only time the filming of the kids kind of bothered me was when they got Zoey in India and she was nonstop crying, clearly terrified, and Jen getting ill in the middle of that. But that said it makes me so happy to see how well Zoey is thriving now. She is such a beautiful, sweet child and seeing her at ballet class for the first time was so precious. Same with Will's karate. They're amazing kids and I can't wait to see them grow up.

You didn't imply anything, PPD. I don't get a creepy vibe from Jen and Bill either. I guess Joshgate has me a little paranoid.

I feel the same way, I've never had any creepy vibes from Jen and Bill, but with Joshgate, it's enough to make you paranoid.

Love this family! I actually feel bad that they have to come under the TLC umbrella - they deserve better association (for lack of a better term) - I've family in Tx and said they ran into Bill in their pet store & he really is wysiwyg - a personable, funny guy. Look forward to following their journey ~

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just gotta say- I respect this family even more now for their decision to help animals displaced by hurricane Harvey (shown on tonight's episode). I wanted to help victims of Harvey in some way so I made a donation to a non-kill animal shelter in Houston that is taking in our furry friends and finding them homes. Best money I ever spent! 

Archived