IGNORED

The Little Couple

Lillybee

I watched part 2 of getting Zoey and the new episode last night. That family is awesome. I can't imagine dealing with all the conflicting emotions of finally getting your daughter and then having something as scary as a stage 3 cancer diagnosis, but the way that they were so focused on being so supportive and there for each other - Bill telling her that she really did need to return to the US and that he'd manage to finish the adoption without her there, Jen putting her energy into bonding with Zoey and needing to get healthy for her family - was absolutely inspiring.

The kids are precious, and clearly adored. I loved how they really pick up on the kids' cues and respect their feelings.

So, attention everyone who wants to preach about family values and commitment and sacrificial love. THIS is what it should look like!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill handled two toddlers and an adoption in a foreign country. He he put his wife's well being first ans seems to really enjoy the kids. That's a real man.

I caught one of this season's episodes (I think the second? They already had gotten Zoey, Bill took her for her check, and Jen decided to head home), after never having seen the show. I really like Jen and Bill- they really seem like pretty genuine people. Does anyone know where I might be able to catch up by watching a couple episodes from each season (and for free)? Amazon charges for episodes, even with Prime, Netflix only has one season, and Hulu only has clips. :(

I caught one of this season's episodes (I think the second? They already had gotten Zoey, Bill took her for her check, and Jen decided to head home), after never having seen the show. I really like Jen and Bill- they really seem like pretty genuine people. Does anyone know where I might be able to catch up by watching a couple episodes from each season (and for free)? Amazon charges for episodes, even with Prime, Netflix only has one season, and Hulu only has clips. :(

I can watch it On Demand. Do you have that option?

I absolutely love this family. Bill and Jen love each other and the kids so much. My only worry is that the kids might grow up on TV. Selfishly I want them to stay in the limelight although it might be better for them if they decide to fade away. Still, they are great examples of how to parent and how to love and they are so thrilled to be parents it is contagious. They are all so lucky to have one another.

I can watch it On Demand. Do you have that option?

The only ones I can watch On Demand are from the current season. So, great for watching the current episodes and not taking up space on the DVR, but not so great on catching up on the back story. Thanks for the reply, though!

I absolutely love this family. Bill and Jen love each other and the kids so much. My only worry is that the kids might grow up on TV. Selfishly I want them to stay in the limelight although it might be better for them if they decide to fade away. Still, they are great examples of how to parent and how to love and they are so thrilled to be parents it is contagious. They are all so lucky to have one another.

I think Jen and Bill do a very good job at balancing their lives and the filming of the show. They are careful not to let it take over the important stuff. For instance, they ditched the cameras and nanny for several weeks after they adopted both Will and Zoey so that they could properly bond as a family. They also didn't allow filming on Christmas day. Out of all the reality stars, Bill and Jen seem the most conscientious. I very much believe that if filming started to affect them for the worst, they would stop altogether.

The only ones I can watch On Demand are from the current season. So, great for watching the current episodes and not taking up space on the DVR, but not so great on catching up on the back story. Thanks for the reply, though!

I am pretty sure that seasons 3 and 4 are on Netflix. We got to see all the heartbreak they went through trying to have a surrogate pregnancy. These guys are the best.

I love these people! So refreshing to see true love and happiness! Nothing to snark about here. Oh wait. I don't care for the color of their house. That's all I got.............

• 2 weeks later...

Bill's speech to Jen on the day of her last chemo treatment was incredibly sweet. I am tearing up over here...

I read a comment on another site that you want to know these people and be their friends. I have the same feeling about them. I cannot think of another TLC show which shows people I would like to know and be friends with. The last time I checked, The Little Couple has greatly outperformed the Duggars in terms of ratings. I hope Jim Boob fully understands that they are not the big stars on TLC....it is Bill and Jen and their kids.

I read a comment on another site that you want to know these people and be their friends. I have the same feeling about them. I cannot think of another TLC show which shows people I would like to know and be friends with. The last time I checked, The Little Couple has greatly outperformed the Duggars in terms of ratings. I hope Jim Boob fully understands that they are not the big stars on TLC....it is Bill and Jen and their kids.

Something I have noticed is that Jen and Bill pray with their kids before every meal. It's nice to see a couple practice religion privately without shoving it down others' throats and brainwashing/stunting their kids in the process. They don't need to sing 'Amazing Grace' at every opportunity and break out screechy violins to go with it. They also don't need to proselytize every person they cross paths with. I find it interesting that they manage to quietly outdo the Duggars in an area that is their main platform. Food for thought.

Something I have noticed is that Jen and Bill pray with their kids before every meal. It's nice to see a couple practice religion privately without shoving it down others' throats and brainwashing/stunting their kids in the process. They don't need to sing 'Amazing Grace' at every opportunity and break out screechy violins to go with it. They also don't need to proselytize every person they cross paths with. I find it interesting that they manage to quietly outdo the Duggars in an area that is their main platform. Food for thought.

Are Jen and/or Bill Jewish, by any chance? I know Bill's last name is Klein. Jews just do not proselytize.

Are Jen and/or Bill Jewish, by any chance? I know Bill's last name is Klein. Jews just do not proselytize.

No, the praying and the Christmas display was pretty clearly Christian. Klein can also be a German surname.

No, the praying and the Christmas display was pretty clearly Christian. Klein can also be a German surname.

I didn't watch so I didn't hear the prayers, but some Jews do have Christmas trees. Your right, though, that Klein can also be a German surname.

Btw, my brother and Jewish sister-in-law have never had a tree. The only Christmas celebration their kids had was at our parent's house. Judy often volunteered to work that day.

I hope for the same thing too. But I get the strong feeling that the Duggars are out of touch with the other reality show families on TLC. I'm glad that The Little Couple has higher ratings than the Duggars.

Re: whether they are Judeo-Christian, I did not see their wedding but to anyone who did, what was the ceremony like? I haven't really seen any indication that Bill is Jewish. The grace Jen was reciting is what I learned in Catholic school so it is possible they are Catholic.

The shot from their wedding looked fairly Catholic to me and yes, they recite a Catholic grace although I know quite a few protestants who've adopted it.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a re-run yesterday of Jen in the hospital. Bill said she makes navy seals look like little girls, she is so strong and she said that he was her rock and she wouldn't be ableto do it withouthim. That is a beautiful example of love and true respect for each other. Made ME cry like alittel girl.

At least Jen is Catholic. There were scenes with her praying at a shrine of Our Lady in one of the surrogacy episodes. Which struck me as hypocritical, to say the least -- though other than the IVF/surrogacy thing, I really do love them/their show.

Glad to see a thread about these folks. I'm late to the show but more or less caught up -- and I can watch the four of them about endlessly. This show is a love song to FAMILY.

The Duggars should take lessons on how to throw a birthday party for toddlers. Will's party was the bomb. Jen planned toddler appropiate activities for the kids. I love that Will has made friends at the kiddie gym that Bill takes him to.

The Duggars should take lessons on how to throw a birthday party for toddlers. Will's party was the bomb. Jen planned toddler appropiate activities for the kids. I love that Will has made friends at the kiddie gym that Bill takes him to.

And how smart was Jen to schedule a train ride at the end of the party, so they could all kind of decompress and relax? Although she and Bill were still wired and noisily pointing things out to the kids, and when Grandbaba poked Will atop the head to point out an upcoming attraction, I winced.

But I've watched the dang episode twice and probably will, again. It's just such an enjoyable look into the lives of a group of quality, genuinely interesting people!

I think Jen and Bill do a very good job at balancing their lives and the filming of the show. They are careful not to let it take over the important stuff. For instance, they ditched the cameras and nanny for several weeks after they adopted both Will and Zoey so that they could properly bond as a family. They also didn't allow filming on Christmas day. Out of all the reality stars, Bill and Jen seem the most conscientious. I very much believe that if filming started to affect them for the worst, they would stop altogether.

I agree. They also don't seem to do a ton of staged scenes. I'm sure there's some staging and planning like all reality shows, but most things seem natural. Maybe it's because their lives have been so eventful lately (cancer treatment, bringing Zoey home), but I don't remember a lot of fakey stuff before the kids either.

The kids are adorable and hilarious. I live in Houston, and I'm always holding out hope for a Little Family sighting.

Cake cake cake! :lol:

And this, no kids were licking sweets off the table.

Archived